Engage and Win with The Foundation

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@vengu Well I doubt people hadn´t thought about that already. So I wouldn´t worry about that 😛

@Prometheus Hey have you thought on adding some daily/weekly quests or new quests on the foundation? It would be nice cus like this we can pretty much rely only on daily points to level up.. :x

• DymStudios - CEO

@vengu said in Engage and Win with The Foundation:

I wonder if my mention of cheating the system gave some people ideas.. The leaderboard made a rather big jump after I posted it.

This used to happen because daily points were not assigned every day but all together once every few days. Results were correct, just not "visually" updated daily, hence the "big jumps" you could notice. Everything is daily now :slight_smile:

As for the creation of fake accounts, worry not. Some users (luckily very few) have tried, but all fake accounts get caught and flagged as such eventually (we allow them to exist, but they lose access to The Foundation).

Thank god we can get them for free instead of a kick starter pledge XD super amazing ❤

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

There is a planned kickstarter for other additional things but they are trying to get more done before they go into the kickstarter phase with the funding they already have

@teeboned Thansk for the info, sigh i guess all games end up having kickstarters with some kind of unique cosmetics huh.

it is a good way to get word out still, though many people are disliking the kickstarter when it comes to video games

Only select will gain access.its nice

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@teeboned said in Engage and Win with The Foundation:

it is a good way to get word out still, though many people are disliking the kickstarter when it comes to video games

Well, kickstarter is an ambiguous animal. In one hand, it's risky, and investors are quite often let down. In the other, however, a rising number of good games, specifically some outstanding RPG's ;), are developed and released to masses thanks to that tool.
    Transparency of the project is important here. As for Fractured, the dev team does communicate rather well, but to be trustworthy for a Kickstarter campaign, I'd personally like to see a working alpha build. It's not a lot to ask since developers are asking our money.
    Yet another danger here is the studio trying to implement all the cool features and stucking in development, tweaking, polishing, and, sometimes, overhauling them entirely. It's the problem of creative process since people were able to revise their creations.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fyrsey said in Engage and Win with The Foundation:

Well, kickstarter is an ambiguous animal. In one hand, it's risky, and investors are quite often let down. In the other, however, a rising number of good games, specifically some outstanding RPG's ;), are developed and released to masses thanks to that tool.
    Transparency of the project is important here. As for Fractured, the dev team does communicate rather well, but to be trustworthy for a Kickstarter campaign, I'd personally like to see a working alpha build. It's not a lot to ask since developers are asking our money.
    Yet another danger here is the studio trying to implement all the cool features and stucking in development, tweaking, polishing, and, sometimes, overhauling them entirely. It's the problem of creative process since people were able to revise their creations.

I have the feeling these devs planned this a lot better than most devs I've seen. Take the UI pics in the latest spotlight for example. The UI already looks pretty finished and the idea they have for the knowledge system seems solid enough that it won't need a rework later down the road. I don't think we'll see an alpha build since alpha is planned for 2018, but they did say they want to show gameplay during the Kickstarter if possible.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I have the feeling these devs planned this a lot better than most devs I've seen. Take the UI pics in the latest spotlight for example. The UI already looks pretty finished and the idea they have for the knowledge system seems solid enough that it won't need a rework later down the road. I don't think we'll see an alpha build since alpha is planned for 2018, but they did say they want to show gameplay during the Kickstarter if possible.

I do have a good feeling, too :slight_smile:
    But we, as potential consumers, have to be critical. And when I mentioned an alpha build, I actually meant some videos of gameplay, not alpha testing by players.
    The screens in the last spotlight look good, indeed. I was even surprised, normally at initial stages UI mostly consists of placeholders. It probably will change to some degree, but the foundation is good, it looks neat and clean.
    As for the Knowledge system, including talents and abilities, it's actually pretty simple as an idea. The main concern of mine here is balancing issues. With total freedom of customisation, it's incredibly difficult not to end up with a few viable builds, when thit very freedom becomes meaningless.
    Of course, I do wish the dev team all the best as they progress :slight_smile: I have just seen too many games having but a mere illusion of customisation akin to tabletop RPG's. Well, with some exceptions, but still.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

As for the Knowledge system, including talents and abilities, it's actually pretty simple as an idea. The main concern of mine here is balancing issues. With total freedom of customisation, it's incredibly difficult not to end up with a few viable builds, when thit very freedom becomes meaningless.

That was also a concern of mine. This is what Prometheus had to say about it: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/topic/222/the-knowledge-system-and-cookie-cutter-builds

@fyrsey I only meant that, especially in people that I've talked with, people that aren't already familiar with a project before a kickstarter are more hesitant to trust kickstarters because of the way early access games have been being used as of late. A lot of times they just tend to stay in early access for what seems like years, and the final game isn't ever released and the community dies in the mean time, or dwindles substantially.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

the community is growing

Cool, I'm really looking forward to the game! great news!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I love the Foundation feature, it's the 1st time in my whole gaming experience I find myself enjoying a prerelease mmorpg and grinding through quests!
    LF for release

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm loving this system, so far. It keeps people engaged during the development process.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

That leaderboard is no joke, 33k+, I don't think I'm going to make it anywhere near the top. I'm not a big forum delver like I used to be.

• Wiki Editor

@geniehakeem said in Engage and Win with The Foundation:

That leaderboard is no joke, 33k+, I don't think I'm going to make it anywhere near the top. I'm not a big forum delver like I used to be.

The Top ones are in there because they was the first ones, they collected more points before change of daily points. It's not that hard to get into the leaderboard if you use all possibilities of the foundation quests. Especially inviting friends who are quite active will give you a nice boost. Sadly, my are not that active i wished 😄

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@kralith At least you invited some. Once they hit a certain point kind of just pay for themselves?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@geniehakeem said in Engage and Win with The Foundation:

Don't worry Prometheus said that they are going to give more than 100 pre-alpha key but less than 1000 ;). So gind the foundation till enter in the first 1000 players, or 500 to be sure 😉

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@finland you know, no big challenge lol. I think I've done everything that doesn't require social media

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured