Dual Wield / Fist Weapons

• I looks like dual wield will be available, what will it be limited to, also what about Fist weapons.

Dual Dagger / Dagger + Sword / Dual Axe

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

this is when cosmetics could just change the weapon without really changing the game.

i'd imagine no real limitation unless the weapons have stat minimums.

• Agreed it would be nice to have the "feeling" of diversity and choice.

@Jetah

Now that different kind of skills/spells are bound to certain weapons/unarmed, I would like the idea if that makes it possible to use a "cosmetic" staff after all as a caster

I can only imagine (I am no fan op PvP) that PvP-ers might not like it as there is no prediction of the spells/skills the opponent has.

@Yitra said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

@Jetah

Now that different kind of skills/spells are bound to certain weapons/unarmed, I would like the idea if that makes it possible to use a "cosmetic" staff after all as a caster

I can only imagine (I am no fan op PvP) that PvP-ers might not like it as there is no prediction of the spells/skills the opponent has.

that could be a good strategy tho. make your ebemies expect 1 then, then hit them with something else. throw them off. the art of desception!! i wonder if the devs will allow us to do that 😄 coz it is a legit thing

@Tero-Kaze said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

I looks like dual wield will be available, what will it be limited to, also what about Fist weapons.

Well at least mixing dual wield weapons would allow players to have more ability combinations in use. I like the idea having a sword and mace for example, but would that be superior when compared to dual-wield swords.. 🤔

Maybe player using two weapons of same type could get slight bonus to certain abilities to keep this in balance..

sword = 10% chance to pierce armor
    mace = 10% chance to stun

dual swords = 20% chance to pierce armor
    dual maces = 20% chance to stun
    sword and mace = 10% chance to stun and 10% chance to pierce

@Gothix said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

sword = 10% chance to pierce armor
    mace = 10% chance to stun

dual swords = 20% chance to pierce armor
    dual maces = 20% chance to stun
    sword and mace = 10% chance to stun and 10% chance to pierce

honestly it should only be against certain armor. sword isn't going to do much against chain or plate, whereas cloth and leather it could.
    you really can't double the bonuses like that either. usually the offhand has penalties for damage and bonuses. I'd say 15%. but really the 10% is pretty big for 1 weapon.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Tero-Kaze said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

I looks like dual wield will be available, what will it be limited to, also what about Fist weapons.

Hey guys! The limitations will be just for your off-hand, where you will be able to equip only a "light" weapon. Anyway, there will be also a talent that, once unlocked, will grant you the possibility to use whatever weapon you want in both of your hands!

@Xzait said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

that could be a good strategy tho. make your ebemies expect 1 then, then hit them with something else. throw them off. the art of desception!! i wonder if the devs will allow us to do that 😄 coz it is a legit thing

Of course, you will be able to change your weapon at the last second! 🙂

@Znirf That talent for dual-wield sounds nice plan. However, if I use different types of weapons, do I get more ability variations than those who are wielding two daggers for example? If I wield dagger and mace, do I have access to dagger and mace specific abilities?

EDIT: Or are those abilities only for mainhand weapons and not available for offhands?

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Tuoni said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

If I wield dagger and mace, do I have access to dagger and mace specific abilities?

Yes, exactly, you have access to both of them! It doesn't depend on the equipped hand, if the weapon has a special ability you will get that bonus. 🙂

@Znirf

We're wanting weapon cosmetics, in the similar idea behind illusion magic, where you can physically equip a caster staff (and thus those spells) but have a cosmetic skin of a sword (example).

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Jetah said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

@Znirf

We're wanting weapon cosmetics, in the similar idea behind illusion magic, where you can physically equip a caster staff (and thus those spells) but have a cosmetic skin of a sword (example).

There won't be any cosmetic that allows you to drastically change the type of weapon, the only way to change the aspects of things will be through the School of Illusionism 🙂

• Just question about attack with two 1h weapons. Will it be:

1. weapon attacks alternate
    2. weapons attack both at once
    3. weapons attacks have chance to proc attack with both hands (1/3 left hand weapon, 1/3 right hand weapon, 1/3 both)

Attack speeds :

a) each weapon has own attack speed
    b) speed is average of both
    c) something else

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I sure hope shields will have some pretty dang good skills, otherwise, there will be little incentive for good'ol sword&board combo.

@deusex2

what about a whole knowledge tree around shields, to the point where you can dual wield with a little offensive attacks!?

• @deusex2 If blocks will be activable "skillshots" aka aimable blocks (devs are not sure about implementing this, but who knows), then every glass canon will use this as a method of absolute defense - at least against dmg spikes from assassin specs (I sure would).

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@asspirin said in Dual Wield / Fist Weapons:

Just question about attack with two 1h weapons. Will it be:

1. weapon attacks alternate
    2. weapons attack both at once
    3. weapons attacks have chance to proc attack with both hands (1/3 left hand weapon, 1/3 right hand weapon, 1/3 both)

That's a good question, we still have to decide how the attack with two one-handed arms will work. 😄

Attack speeds :

a) each weapon has own attack speed
    b) speed is average of both
    c) something else

There are three standardized speed types for weapons: Fast (1.6 APS and 625 Attack Time), Normal (1.2 APS and 833 Attack Time) and Slow (0.8 APS and 1250 Attack Time). The Attack Time of a weapon is the time that takes to perform a full attack, or the minimum time that needs to pass between two attacks.

Imho, it would make sense that each weapon attacks according to it's own speed, so you can combine slow weapons with fast ones, and it still isn't abusable in any way, but stays balanced.

@Gothix I agree. The weapons should attack as their own speed.

How will this affect two handed weapons? Will these deal more damage?

Will weapons be able to block damage? How will that balance will shields if so?

It was mentioned that you can switch out weapons "at the last second", There should be a delay from drawing a weapon to attacking. UO had that problem where people were hitting with a halberd (slow speed) and then immediately switching to a fast weapon. The timers would be from the time the weapon attacked last to when it attacked again so effectively switching weapons nullified the timers. This was done via macros. I'm not sure if Fractured will have key bindings to include this option or not.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured