Becoming an angel

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would expect it to be a daunting goal and task to undertake if that's the goal for your character upon creation and not a thing you can grind out and do within a few days.

I'd be very disappointed if people (demons) can immediately become angels so soon after character creation.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@PeachMcD said in Becoming an angel:

There are those for whom the Role Play aspect is as important as any specific encounter, so backstory would be a thing for those ppl. I love RPG, but I'm doubtful that there will be many who stay 'in character' while they play Fractured.

I haven't done the research to grok how a PC that had clawed its way from Demonic to Angelic would differ in 'everyday game chances/experience' from a PC who started out Lawful Good and stayed that way, but maybe someone will unpack that for us...? 🤞

I'll definitely be in character depending on the char I'm on, if im on my mad lich I may react to you differently to when im playing a paladin bear healer, or savage hand to hand demon

@Belligero said in Becoming an angel:

I'd be very disappointed if people (demons) can immediately become angels so soon after character creation.

They said it will take a while. You have to do good things repeatedly to change your alignment from evil.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@RNGinxed
    One thing is certain-you're gonna grind a looooot towards such goal.

I would think that it wouldn't be easy as you would have to go to the human planet complete" good deeds" there working your way up to be coming a angel the lore good deeds you do the more hated you are by the demon planet and anything before an angel is already attacked on the human planet I would also think that people would try and grind our for the angel so it would be uncommon at most not rare

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki I wonder as well, or is syndesia the only place they will be able to be...

@Jetah said in Becoming an angel:

testing could make it easy. talk to npc, get the new thing. beta could have a few parts of the quest chain to make sure things work well. then for live the whole chain could be add in. if DS wanted to they could add in parts each week/month thus time gating it.
    but i really would like to see it be a all-the-things type quest chain. get all the knowledge. do all the professions (that we can do). do pvp. do pve. do invasions. do defense of said invasions. do city sieges. etc. make sure the person is well rounded and has done it all.

not every one wants to do everything and this idea of forcing people to everything pretty much goes against everything that this game promises... the whole point of having three different worlds is to have players who want to do different things play without feeling like they need to do stuff they don't want... so whats the point of making an achievement be gated behind something like completing everything in game? I'd rather they do something interesting than just amke it hard for the sake of being hard...

Angel could easily be the main for someone who wishes to play as holy crusader, purging the demons and evil humans off of this world.

Would still have plenty of pvp like that, and pve isnt limited for anyone regardless of the alignment.

Staying permanently on Arboreus imho isnt a crucial prerequisite for playing an angel. At least not unless you are a teddy bear. 😉

@Althalus said in Becoming an angel:

testing could make it easy. talk to npc, get the new thing. beta could have a few parts of the quest chain to make sure things work well. then for live the whole chain could be add in. if DS wanted to they could add in parts each week/month thus time gating it.
    but i really would like to see it be a all-the-things type quest chain. get all the knowledge. do all the professions (that we can do). do pvp. do pve. do invasions. do defense of said invasions. do city sieges. etc. make sure the person is well rounded and has done it all.

not every one wants to do everything and this idea of forcing people to everything pretty much goes against everything that this game promises... the whole point of having three different worlds is to have players who want to do different things play without feeling like they need to do stuff they don't want... so whats the point of making an achievement be gated behind something like completing everything in game? I'd rather they do something interesting than just amke it hard for the sake of being hard...

The Angel quest line isn't suppose to be easy. I personally think it should involve doing everything.

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki That's not correct. Good characters can attack all flagged characters (murderers, thieves) at will. Not sure about unflagged evil characters, perhaps even them.

@Gothix said in Becoming an angel:

@Meiki That's not correct. Good characters can attack all flagged characters (murderers, thieves) at will. Not sure about unflagged evil characters, perhaps even them.

In the demon world they could but not sure about human unless they have murder or thief flag

The Angel quest line isn't suppose to be easy. I personally think it should involve doing everything.

being hard isnt the same thing as doing everything... there are multiple interesting way they could make it hard.... I'd rather they stick to their core philosophy of letting players do what they like. some of us don't like pvp NOT b/c it's hard but b/c we don't enjoy it... the game should cater to everyone not just you...

the game should cater to everyone not just you...

you understand the irony here right?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I think angels will be pretty rare, since most people who roll demon to start with would generally be players that prefer PvP. Whereas the opposite would be more common (rolling beastman, then becoming an abomination), as that's usually the general trend for players in most multiplayer games (start with PvE, end with PvP for emergent content). That being said, the fact that angels will probably be rare means that people are more likely to try to make their characters angels for status.

the game should cater to everyone not just you...

you understand the irony here right?

Catering to the people who dont like pvp for core gameplay features , unrelated to pvp will not detract from the people who enjoy pvp, imo

Having pvp related intresting things would be good too.

Although I do think becoming a abomination should need to kill people, makes no sense you could become evil just from thieving

Becoming a angel should not need killing it should be the opposite

And become a lich should involve knowledge some how possibly sacrificing other players, but not just pking them, should actually have to knock em out tie em up and preform some kind of ritual with their life

@Xzoviac

the problem with that ideology is that the developers put content in the game and they want everyone to try it all. the angel can still pvp during invasions!

in order to be an angel you'll have to be a demon anyways so you'll have to pvp at some point.

@Gothix said in Becoming an angel:

From the feature spotlight #6:

If you flag yourself as Good, you are not allowed to perform hostile actions against any other Good or Neutral player. There are several ways this restriction is applied – some common cases being:

You can’t use basic attacks and targeted spells against Good or Neutral players.
    Your AOE abilities cause no damage or negative side effects to Good or Neutral players.
    You can’t loot the corpse of a dead Good or Neutral player.
    Giving the killing blow to a knocked-out Good or Neutral player is not possible.
    You can’t take possession of bounty that doesn’t belong to you.

On the contrary, all the hostile actions listed above are permitted against Evil players – and even encouraged by Karma gains!

• This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured