About VIP in-game purchase

• I've been playing Albion Online and they're using a in-game membership purchase option and i'm curious if there's any chance of this happening in Fractured.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

There is optional subscription, but developers already shared the details about it and promised it wouldn't be P2W.

VIP membership is a monthly subscription planned to be priced around $10/month. It provides the following perks:

Discounts on Store items
    Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time
    Other vanity rewards we might think of in the future
    Additional study slots
    Increased Knowledge Point gains

Basically the only non cosmetic component is a bit faster learning of in game skills (but eventually every player will learn everything anyway).

• I've seen that @Gothix Thank you for your time.

But i was thinking about If there's a "In-game" store might be a "In-game" currency so i was wondering with that currency if there's one i could buy membership.

@spacema3 It's just for cosmetics, so it's not like you need VIP to get the most out of the game.

One of the reasons I bought Immortal is because of the lifetime VIP. I'm not sure how central VIP will be to the experience, but I figured if I enjoy the game over many years, I'll end up coming out on top over the course of a few years. Possibly 2, but definitely after 3.

Also, I know we will be getting a special cape that the devs are crafting, which I why I backed them. This is not substantiated or factual in any way.

If we do get Cape Crafting though, you can bet I'll be sitting at my loom everyday, creating a set of the emperor's clothes.

@spacema3 So far we have not seen that kind of information. So not sure if they will implement that in the (near) future. I can imagine some people would like this.

@spacema3 There will be an in game store; we don´t know wether there is the possbility to gain VIP from in game, but I doubt it.

@Aurellas said in About VIP in-game purchase:

Also, I know we will be getting a special cape that the devs are crafting, which I why I backed them. This is not substantiated or factual in any way.

Please keep doing what you are doing. I love it. 😂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So far from release date, we don't know much about what VIP offers than just "cosmetics"?

Time will tell us more and DS maybe will use the same system as AO premium status.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

One of the many selling points of Fractured conceptually is that it has thus far avoided the p2w model.

In-game currency is so far not slated to be part of DynaMight game store and I hope it stays that way forever.

If they ever do that, it’ll set the game up for failure. 😌

Gothix laid it out pretty clearly. The main reason many of us are subscribers is that the devs for Fractured have given us a game that will allow everyone to play on equal footing whether they pay extra or not.

There are SO MANY freemium games to play, @spacema3 - if that's what you're seeking, I know you'll find a nice one.

e4d3df31-93c8-4590-85c1-865bd6c1ee6a-image.png 😘

• Community Manager

@OwlsaneGaming You can find more info about the VIP sub in the FAQ:

9. VIP membership? What's that about?

VIP membership is a monthly subscription planned to be priced around $10/month. It provides the following perks:

• Discounts on Store items

• Unique cosmetic rewards for accumulated VIP time

• Other vanity rewards we might think of in the future

• Additional study slots

• Increased Knowledge Point gains

10. Is VIP membership "Pay to Win"?

Fractured characters are already competitive from day 1. The core of progression afterwards consists of completing tasks requiring you to travel and perform a wide range of exploration- and experimentation-related activities.

The bonuses from VIP membership have nothing to do with the above, since they only impact the passive “studying phase” that kicks in once the tasks have been completed. Moreover, they've been balanced so that they only speed up progression for "completionists" who want to learn a ton of abilities (beyond what's actually useful for each character). Because of this, VIP membership ultimately has no impact on actual PvP competition, not between individuals nor between guilds.

I really hope they can pull this off. So few devs are willing to set up a game like this, coz whales will make the dough and kneed it for them too. Even after paying for the Immortal pack for alpha testing, i would be happy to see the game remain as a buy to play. So far they have given everything they have said they would, so i don't see any reason to stop trusting the devs in the near future. They definately seem to be developing for the players, not the pay cheque. Hopefully they can still get the pay cheque through pure player love for this game ^c^

I'll just mention that games, and developers, do much better when free players are able to get store items via in game means.

Warframe is thriving because of this. WoW can use gold to turn into cash shop balance or pay the subscription.

If the economy loop can take gold to buy cash shop balance or VIP then it'd be much better for the long term. Usually the VIP cost more for a token that is sold to players. WoW has it setup so that you dont see the buy or seller.

I know P2W will be brought up, and lets be honest, there arent any games, or are very few online/service games, that dont offer a way to spend cash to bypass time. it's just what it is today in gaming.

• I know I said free players up there but i'm also meaning if you have to purchase a game but dont purchase anything beyond.

I'd be up for players being able to buy cosmetics with ingame means as long as all cosmetics are auto bound when bought and people can't use them to convert $$ to gold to easily get rich.

@Jetah said in About VIP in-game purchase:

I know P2W will be brought up, and lets be honest, there arent any games, or are very few online/service games, that dont offer a way to spend cash to bypass time. it's just what it is today in gaming.

one game i know of that has 0 pay to win involved is path of exile. everything is cosmetic. the only 'helpful' things u can buy are extra tabs to store more loot or more character slots, but they arent neccissary to get ahead of anyone that has spent money. Everyone is on virtually even footing on that game 🙂

Do you get the carpenter npc through a subscription or ingame purchases? Is it something you get from just hiring them with game currency? I tried to read up on it but couldn't find where you actually get them. I got one in my pledge pack.

@Farlander said in About VIP in-game purchase:

Do you get the carpenter npc through a subscription or ingame purchases? Is it something you get from just hiring them with game currency? I tried to read up on it but couldn't find where you actually get them. I got one in my pledge pack.

All ways are not specified yet. You get him through subscription, that we know, and through game packages some amount of time.

It's also quite possible he will be able to be rented through game shop separately as well. As for "in game currency",.. who knows... devs haven't said anything about that yet.

@Xzait said in About VIP in-game purchase:

@Jetah said in About VIP in-game purchase:

one game i know of that has 0 pay to win involved is path of exile. everything is cosmetic. the only 'helpful' things u can buy are extra tabs to store more loot or more character slots, but they arent neccissary to get ahead of anyone that has spent money. Everyone is on virtually even footing on that game 🙂

uh. you can buy stash tabs so you can sell more items, so you can get more currency to buy better gear. it's pretty difficult to sell items because you need the premium tabs to list on the website trade page. otherwise you have to use a program to grab the items then hope it's listed on a popular site for trading. inventory slots are a foundation to PoE because of all the [useful] things that drop.
    I'll agree that PoE is as close as possible to not being P2W.
    pick another.

@Gothix
    If the carpenter can't be rented outside of a cash shop then people will bail on the game. There has to be an in game funded carpenter.

@Jetah regardless of if u need premium tabs to use online bots to sell stuff, it is 100% FTP. you dont need stupid amounts of currency to beat path of exile and reach lvl 100... just lots of grinding. People with premium stash tabs wont have an advantage to someone that doesn't, that has some brains in their head.

@Xzait said in About VIP in-game purchase:

@Jetah regardless of if u need premium tabs to use online bots to sell stuff, it is 100% FTP. you dont need stupid amounts of currency to beat path of exile and reach lvl 100... just lots of grinding. People with premium stash tabs wont have an advantage to someone that doesn't, that has some brains in their head.

the premium stash tabs mean that player can play the game whereas the f2p will have full tabs then will have to wait till stuff sells, if ever. the only bypass is getting another account and trying to trade.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured