Race Starting on Any Planet Idea

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

was posting a comment in the recent Race thread and it sparked an idea:

I wouldn't mind an option to create a race on whichever planet. IE you could pick the raven on the beast planet and their karma would be set as so. or a beastman starting on the demon planet with their karma set as so. This would allow friends to all start on the same planet at the same time without needing to have a few of them grind out the appropriate karma to swap.

The idea is that a group of friends could pick the race they wanted and still play together at the same time without a few of them needing to grind out the appropriate karma.

Maybe the karma could be set at the lowest spot for the race and would need to be kept on the positive/negative side so they aren't exiled. IE a beastman wanting to be on Tartaros (demon planet) could start at -5k karma instead of the -10k (or whatever the lowest amount of karma needed to be on the planet as I've forgotten what it is.)

There was a post that asked if a demon, human and beast could play on the same planet but when it was mentioned that karma would have to be changed it seems like it was a let down that 2 friends would have to wait to group with the third.

I'm sure I'm missing some things, so mention them! Pro's and Con's. Any exploits? etc!?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

From the wiki:
    Arboreus
    *Indeed, only Humans with Good alignment are allowed to walk the lands of Arboreus for a considerable amount of time – 20/40 real-world hours, thus being able to explore a good portion of the world at once, collecting resources and acquiring knowledge.

If you’re a Human with Neutral alignment, you can also stay for a while – around 5/10 hours, penalized only by a slight stat debuff. However, if you get flagged as Aggressive, you are immediately treated as Evil, suffering all the penalties explained below.*

Syndesia
    *Beastmen on Syndesia lose the powers they are granted on Arboreus. Other than that, they can stay on the Human planet as long as they like, finding shelter at any town that allows them in.

While the planet itself doesn’t force them out, Demons have a much harder time walking the lands of Syndesia. Away from the reach of Babilis, they not only lose their Demonic powers, but start leaking vital energy after a couple hours, which forces them to get back to their homeland.*

Tataros
    *Travelling to Tartaros is extremely challenging for any Beastmen, since not only they lose the buffs they are granted on Arboreus, but also become the target of the hate of Babilis. The Evil God enjoys stacking curses on the poor fellows, who could end up dying just because of them – if they don’t get slayed by Demons, that is.

Unlike Beastmen, Humans are generally tolerated by Babilis, who sees a potential for corruption in them. They aren’t directly penalized like Beastmen, but slowly lose Karma over time, unless they enjoy the protection of another God.*

So karma will not be the big issue to play together on tataros and syndesia. You only have to find the portal there. But you have to live with the consequences. So it could be hard to paly together over a long time.

Could have multiple characters for the play styles you want, and to also play with ur friends

The idea is certainly good, but then in some sense there is no sense of karma in terms of Outlook. That is, while still in the beginning, any race can be on any planet. If this happens, caution in Pve the planet will be increased, as its inhabitants (Pve players) have to look at each demon, as in advance they will not immediately be able to navigate opasen it or not.

well I think if you were to start on the beastmen planet s a demon you would immediately get changed to an angel

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

good to know

@dj35 that would ruin a lot of progression though people will want go make ever char and get the different transformations, its something to work towards, if we just let people make Angel's and abominations that's a big chunk of game play lost

• Wiki Editor

That would go against some core principals/mechanics of the game. Demons can only be on Arboreus a very short time before suffering ill effects and the same goes for Beastmen on Tartaros.

Even on Syndesia, Demons suffer ill-effects and need to return to Tartaros (outside of eclipse events).

It would also make getting to an Abomination or Angel fairly easy as your karma starts so far away from what is "normal" for that race that you'd basically be half there.

@Sindariya
    but how long will it take for a demon to play with their beast friend vs a human to play with their beast friend.
    i'm asking for a system that would allow them all to play together when they decide to start as an option. There's the small group of people that want a good demon and don't want to venture through the 'going good' phase.

@Xzoviac
    but if someone wants a demon and they want to play with their beastkin friends how long will be karma grind be before the friends meet up?

@dj35
    but the angel is a quest line. isn't just granted at max karma.

@kellewic
    but a demon can become good and permanently live on the beastkin planet. that isn't any mechanic stopping that karma grind. the idea here is for friends to play together when they all decide to start playing without the limitations of the starting race karma.

@Jetah make multiple characters beastmen + demons and get your friends to do the same.
    progression in fractured is horizontal so, characters are almost at full power on creation

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Jetah said in Race Starting on Any Planet Idea:

@Sindariya
    but how long will it take for a demon to play with their beast friend vs a human to play with their beast friend.
    i'm asking for a system that would allow them all to play together when they decide to start as an option. There's the small group of people that want a good demon and don't want to venture through the 'going good' phase.

Sorry but there will be no skipping this phase else we won't need this karma stuff at all. It is the lore that the demons got banned to tataros for their evil doing and grew up there so they don't know anything else. When we players start we start not with a developed char in the game. You can RP what ever you want, but the game mechanic is as it is.
    As much as I understood it so far you can play as beast and demon together on syndesia and tataros. But you will suffer some malus. That will always happen since it is bound to gods not karma.
    Demons are evil, beastmen are good, humans are free. that is the basic setting of this game and if they would change it, that would ruin this game in my opinion. So you can hope for a change but I will not root for you.

the choice of your race displays your way of playing and comes with consequences. A race is not a skin.

@Xzoviac said in Race Starting on Any Planet Idea:

make multiple characters beastmen + demons and get your friends to do the same.
    progression in fractured is horizontal so, characters are almost at full power on creation

@Sindariya said in Race Starting on Any Planet Idea:

As much as I understood it so far you can play as beast and demon together on syndesia and tataros. But you will suffer some malus. That will always happen since it is bound to gods not karma.

Alts and possibility to group up with different races is enough imo. Makes it relatively easy to play with friends and guildies without changing any core features of the game.

The only issue would be that if someone wanted to play an angel, they would chose demon on Arboreus by default because he would then have to grind a lot less to reach his goal, than starting full negative on Tartaros.

The same goes for someone wanting to play as abomination. He would automatically chose to start on Tartaros.

• Wiki Editor

@Jetah said in Race Starting on Any Planet Idea:

@kellewic
    but a demon can become good and permanently live on the beastkin planet. that isn't any mechanic stopping that karma grind. the idea here is for friends to play together when they all decide to start playing without the limitations of the starting race karma.

This is what I'm referring to:

Maybe the karma could be set at the lowest spot for the race and would need to be kept on the positive/negative side so they aren't exiled. IE a beastman wanting to be on Tartaros (demon planet) could start at -5k karma instead of the -10k (or whatever the lowest amount of karma needed to be on the planet as I've forgotten what it is.)

This is a karma adjustment to keep a Demon on Arboreus (or Beatman on Tartaros) which would effectively reduce that karma grind by a lot.

@Gothix

could null the angel line if they choose this option.

@Gothix said in Race Starting on Any Planet Idea:

The only issue would be that if someone wanted to play an angel, they would chose demon on Arboreus by default because he would then have to grind a lot less to reach his goal, than starting full negative on Tartaros.

The same goes for someone wanting to play as abomination. He would automatically chose to start on Tartaros.

True. Starting as a good demon or as a evil beastman makes the angel and abomination paths almost done without much effort.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured