An option to NOT choose a deity?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Re: Religions

Will there be an option to have no god?

Perhaps instead of blessings and divine spells there could be an engineering element added? Or perhaps something with the eclipse cycle?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

HERESY! THE EMPEROR DEMANDS WORSHIP.

I imagine you could just focus on your skills and forget to do divine quests. I am not sure if divine spells are overpowered and something you need to get? so we will need to see there.

Galvanos is a neutral god that is linked to humans because of their love for advancement and technology, I don't think that demons or beastmen will have the option to have technology... unless it is a rare ability you can get for some reason which would be cool as hell.

@Corben said in An option to NOT choose a deity?:

Re: Religions

Will there be an option to have no god?

Perhaps instead of blessings and divine spells there could be an engineering element added? Or perhaps something with the eclipse cycle?

How about put your "faith" on science and/or evolution?

Religious players should get some debuff on them. It could be called "sheep" and while they belong to religion their money would be drained over time. Also there would be various "every day" actions they wouldn't be able to perform without prior permission from church, which would also cost money.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I smell the atheist 😐 @Azraelius divine quests are only for the demon's redemption ^^ there is not really link with a specific god or something.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

There is no religion in this game.

Gods exist in fractured, period. It's part of the world-building. You can choose to align yourself with one of them or you don't.

Whether you choose to not get any of the benefits that this features offers is entirely up to you.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

If you create a hero profile you have to choose a god, so the question is legal if you have to choose one in the final game? If you don't have to, than this should be shown also on the website.

At least we know this much under here. I was wondering what that bestowed a Divine Blessing keeps inside?

"TEMPLE OFFERINGS
    A Temple Offering is a monetary donation that can be performed once a day in the home of one of the Gods of Fractured.

Temple offerings are an effective – albeit expensive – way to change your Karma towards that of the God you’re donating to. Offerings given to Elysium, Tyros and Nelena have a positive effect on your Karma, while money pledged to the dreadful Babilis cause a heavy Karma loss. Donations to Neutral Gods such as Iridia and Galvanos instead have no impact on your moral stance.

Other than (possibly) changing your Karma, a Temple Offering increases the favor of the God towards you. If high enough, you might even get bestowed a Divine Blessing, or assigned a Divine Quest to carry out!

DIVINE QUESTS
    Divine Quests are missions obtained at shrines and temples that must be completed by anyone who wishes to become the Champion of a God. Fulfilling them triggers changes to your Karma, pushing it towards the Alignment of the God in question.

By becoming the Champion of a God, you are granted a unique blessing in the form of a permanent status effect, plus the chance to use one or more Divine Abilities that don’t have to be memorized. The number and power of said abilities depend on the deity’s favor towards you and how well your current Karma matches the God’s one."

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Tuoni I think that's what I proposed....

@Belligero said in An option to NOT choose a deity?:

There is no religion in this game.

You can choose to align yourself with one of them or you don't.

Isn't aligning yourself with a God what religion is? That's why those who don't do that say they have no religion.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Pwnstar

Not really. It's a bit more complex than that to me. But if you want to simplify it, sure.

Well, there is no exact definition for religion, because it can construct from different kind of things. However, if there is a god or gods, those needs some kind of religion around them.. or has someone heard about a god without religion? Can that even exist? 🤔

What if I consider myself a god? If I am the true lord of men and beast and there is no one who can compete with me? If I laugh at everyone else, even those pathetic excuses for deities that hide in their skies, because they have no ballz to walk the earth like the rest of us? 😉

• Wiki Editor

@Gothix for God of the Shrooffee! 😉

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I do think that some option for those specifically not aligned to any god or goddess should exist. Maybe something where if people ignore the gods for long enough entirely they are approached in some way by an organization that is specific to each world (could be an interesting way to add a few more little factions that aren't just guild/player settlement based).

But in other hand if we examine Fractured's world more closely, it is kind of mix of middle ages and new age, and maybe the start of the game goes even more further. Back then people's awareness was quite limited, and before enlightenment, almost everyone believed on something. Of course there has always been nonconformists, but there has been so few of them, that maybe there is no need to create atheism at all.

@Belligero said in An option to NOT choose a deity?:

@Pwnstar

But if you want to simplify it, sure.

So then there is religion in the game. Your first statement is false.

I can see Babilis being pissed you didn’t follow them and would randomly curse you!

@Jetah said in An option to NOT choose a deity?:

I can see Babilis being pissed you didn’t follow them and would randomly curse you!

That's why player could were a curse resistant gear, and be skilled in active dodge. 😉

Player could also learn the skill called "far shot" and shoot the Babilis in the ass! 😄

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured