Funding

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Tuoni Ty Good Sir.

I am happy to see that idea's and concepts "Can" flow freely here on the forums without extreme overthinking
    or criticality.

If you need a Guild look me up.. We would be honored to count you among us.

@VyrVandalous Maybe we could continue this guild invitation conersation via PM chat.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Jetah said in Funding:

@Prometheus
    put some cosmetics in the store with previews! and start that. If you're selling dynamight gold then put that in there too (dynamight gold spent during testing to be refunded when the game launches). If these items are pre-launch exclusives then I know people would buy them if they aren't 50$ each!

This.

Ashes of Creation has new cosmetics every month. Unique and only available during the 30 day timeframe. I’m a sucker for cosmetics. I’d buy them if they make my character look good!

@Meiki said in Funding:

@VyrVandalous Taking average income of an EU citizen is real blasphemy. If you really wanted to compare and to calculate it, you should have at least taken an average salary of an Italian developer, which is around 25k€ a year, I really wonder where you got that 38k€, as even in Germany it is only slightly above 37k€ so the average for EU lands is much, much lower.

Whether 25k or 37k, his point is still true. The devs are burning through money right now and we hope they can make it to release day.

@Solaris
    i'm not sure 30 days is a good time frame though. unless the outfits were sub 10$.

to me, Path of Exile has the best that I've seen, prices aside. they have league packs, which last for 90 days. They have core packs which swap yearly or something like that. and they have individual cosmetics you can get outside of those packs. AND the packs grant, usually, enough cash shop currency based on the cost of the pack. IE a 30$ pack gives ~30$ in shop currency. the 480$ pack gives ~480$ worth of shop currency.

$480 for one pack? Jesus.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Pwnstar That is on the low side at that. Games like Path of Exile sometimes offer up special packages that range far beyond those amounts.

@Pwnstar
    it's the high end pack and includes all previous packs. so you're getting 4-6 packs worth of cosmetic content.

and i haven't even started on Star Citizen...

@Genobee
    I haven't seen any higher recently, although i've only played in the last 2 leagues recently so it might have been when I was taking a break. But I do remember the $10k 'create a monster or item' tier packs.

I've spent thousands of dollars on Star Citizen. But spending that on cosmetics is nuts!

I have a few points I'd like to make.

1. There are some people in this thread that need to pick a decaffeinated version of their coffee.
    2. I agree with cash shops for cosmetics or convenience. If you can get someone to pay in lieu of what they may consider a waste of time, it doesn't hurt anyone and people can choose to do it however they wish. IE, house plans, faster travel, cosmetics, etc. None of this would affect the rate of how fast you can kill someone or clear monsters, dungeons, etc.
    3. @Prometheus I think you all are doing an amazing job and my hope is that this game really takes off for everyone. Having PvP, PvE, PvX as a viable option for all people in the game is outstanding. I also think that you all could do as some others suggest with cash shop types of things. A way for the community to help support this game post launch is amazing.
    4. Arguing on the internet...no one wins. Discussions and debates...get creative ideas across lines.

Definitely, if game can make a profit on cosmetics and convenience, while offering a balanced and challenging gameplay without p2w elements, it has a potential to become truly great.

Time will tell, as always, but our hopes are with the dev team, that they succeed in their vision that aim for exactly that.

@Xulu said in Funding:

I have a few points I'd like to make.

1. There are some people in this thread that need to pick a decaffeinated version of their coffee.
    2. I agree with cash shops for cosmetics or convenience. If you can get someone to pay in lieu of what they may consider a waste of time, it doesn't hurt anyone and people can choose to do it however they wish. IE, house plans, faster travel, cosmetics, etc. None of this would affect the rate of how fast you can kill someone or clear monsters, dungeons, etc.
    3. @Prometheus I think you all are doing an amazing job and my hope is that this game really takes off for everyone. Having PvP, PvE, PvX as a viable option for all people in the game is outstanding. I also think that you all could do as some others suggest with cash shop types of things. A way for the community to help support this game post launch is amazing.
    4. Arguing on the internet...no one wins. Discussions and debates...get creative ideas across lines.

fast travel would make it easier to kill people, flank advances, flee, etc. i have pay for convenience personally. I see blueprints in the shop and not a convenience item. cosmetics aren't convenience either, unless you mean to pay to skip any real craft time.

i like discussions and debates. it strengths ideas. only problem is when any toxicity comes out.

@Jetah said in Funding:

(...) fast travel would make it easier to kill people(...)

Not only that. The problem is that people often argue on a 1 vs 1 level, but when guilds/alliances are involved it becomes a matter of resources. Who can afford to send their warriors into battle often and fast enough is a massive determinant for victory. Convenience basically translates to cutting the time required to get these resources short, or in other terms, getting more of them then a person who won't pay and thus always having the upper hand in massive battles.

@Jetah @Logain I wasn't saying fast travel for combat situations, I was saying fast travel as in horse rides from town to town or perhaps a gate system. That isn't combat.

@Xulu
    yeah, i still hate that.

@Xulu said in Funding:

@Jetah @Logain I wasn't saying fast travel for combat situations, I was saying fast travel as in horse rides from town to town or perhaps a gate system. That isn't combat.

And that is exactly where people who are not into large scale PvP misunderstand the result of their proposal. I'm going to give you an example. Let's say Jetah and I are both leading a large guild of 100 players each. Jetha's players all have fast travel and other 'convenience' benefits due to paying, non of my player has that. Now, it takes Jetha's guild maybe 100 hours to stack up enough resources to keep rushing into large guild battles/sieges constantly for 5 hours. But it would take my guild maybe 200 hours to accomplish the same, simple because they have to walk back to town and stuff, convenience, you know. So, 100 hours into the game, Jetha decides that his league is going to crush me, but while his people can continuously battle due to stacked up resources, mine can not after a short time.
    I can't explain it any more simple or in detail sorry.

I would also leave faster travelling options out from convenience matter. Simply because fast/faster traveling can give advantage almost for everything e.g. PvP, character progression, gathering, economics.. It would be closer P2W rather than convenience.

@Logain said in Funding:

@Xulu said in Funding:

And that is exactly where people who are not into large scale PvP misunderstand the result of their proposal. I'm going to give you an example. Let's say Jetah and I are both leading a large guild of 100 players each. Jetha's players all have fast travel and other 'convenience' benefits due to paying, non of my player has that. Now, it takes Jetha's guild maybe 100 hours to stack up enough resources to keep rushing into large guild battles/sieges constantly for 5 hours. But it would take my guild maybe 200 hours to accomplish the same, simple because they have to walk back to town and stuff, convenience, you know. So, 100 hours into the game, Jetha decides that his league is going to crush me, but while his people can continuously battle due to stacked up resources, mine can not after a short time.
    I can't explain it any more simple or in detail sorry.

Fast travel could be as it is in Albion Online, naked.

@Xulu said in Funding:

(...)as it is in Albion Online(...)

I'd argue that Albion Online is a perfect example of a pay to win game.
    The point of convenience features is to save you time and effort. Time and effort are what gates a guild from going back into battle after a defeat.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Will be interesting to see if Fractured gets a nice ‘Alpha’ funding bump with no NDA during testing.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured