New Race Idea

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Hi there.

We see many races with bonus to certain stats.

I would like to see a couple of races with bonuses to crafting.

Crafting type love races haha.

I know it's miles away of course.. the game hasn't even launched yet.. but in a few expansions or so? I think it would
    be fun.

I love mining, fishing and doing metalsmithing and so forth. For me.. crafting is where I spend alot of my time

@VyrVandalous I see no reason to do a race with the potential for the craft, as otherwise all the fans of craft will pick it up, and it ends in a meta race for crafting

Well, the three different main races already offer a slightly different experience for crafting.
    Additionally I think we can expect the Human "steampunk" stuff to contain craft-able things, so I would say we kind of have this already? It´s also easier for Humans to access the other two planets, which also gives them some advantage in crafting (more resources -> more crafting 😉 )

I personally love to be a crafter as well, but I would like to keep professions separate from races and leave people the freedom with progression paths.

However, there is currently four beastmen, three demons and one human race. Imo there should be at least one more demon race and three more humans. Then we have total of four in all category.

@Tuoni said in New Race Idea:

However, there is currently four beastmen, three demons and one human race. Imo there should be at least one more demon race and three more humans. Then we have total of four in all category.

I don´t think we need Human sub - races. What would that even be? Elves e.g. would be a whole new race in itself, so the only thing you can divide Humans in is their ethnic, and I don´t see a reason to do that. Since Humans also have more attribute points for not having any specific attribute advanatages, I don´t see what uniqueness sub - races of Humans would get?

I'd rather have the game release rather than having a new race end up pushing the release date back

• Wiki Editor

There will be no need for a special Crafter Race, because why some Race should be better in crafting than others in general?

For Fractured the Knowledgesystem will be essential.
    And there will be Knowledge that each race has exclusivly on their own territories.
    So there will be enough race optimized crafting.

I agree fully with Eurav in this case, we still know, that we will have some race specific advantages.

@Eurav Yes, elves would be another race, but also be lived on a planet of people, that's all (although they can be send to the planet of man-beasts). To the inhabitants of the planet of people we can classify gnomes/dwarves, lizardo etc

@Althalus We have already been told that all new races will be released after the release with the same mechanics as the journey through the water

@Kralith Didn't see the point to reveal the thought: race craft > Guild crafters-traders > the enslavement of the continent due to better armor and successful trading over other races/planets

@Eurav Start to think our world and history, and I am sure you will find different kind of human races and cultures, which could easily have different backround and racial bonuses. 😉

Elfs and dwarfs would also suit nicely to planet Syndesia, but its not something must implement imo. I like the concept of demons and beastmen. Its something fresh and less used. All those basic elfs, dwarfs, orcs and gnomes are getting a little bit boring already.

@Tuoni But I don´t want bonuses for different kinds of the human race. I am more a fan of having one human race (makes more sense to me than multiple human races, still don´t really know which you would want to have), which has the bonus of having additional attribute points, because:

I wanted to make a list, but it is actually only one point so... whatever...

So.. the other races have focused to improve in one area / attribute (which also leads to them being worse at some areas), which makes each race the strongest in one specific area, almost forcing them to a specifc playstyle / use of their attribute points. Only for Humans this is not true.

Humans have more attribute points, and are able to put the same amount of points into any attribute. So Humans can become anything, cough just like in our modern world cough cough \o/

I am tired and have no Idea what I am talking about anymore and I guess you can see how I am thinking, so I will stop here 😂

In my opinion elfs and dwarfs would be better suited for Arboreus; orcs more for Tartaros... 🤔

@Eurav Well at the end its not about what you or I want, its about vision of devs. To me current number of races feels somehow odd and imbalanced. Like something is still missing. My suggestion to add more races to different planets was only thought from balance point of view and because I presumed Syndesia will be only for humans, I suggested add more human races. What kind of human races? Idk, I would need to know more about Syndesia's lore before answering that part.

Those new races in Syndesia can ofc be other humanoids as well, like dwarfs or elfs e.g.. However, I would not personally add those just for sake of adding. New races needs to be also lorewise to make sense. But I know, that I would not put dwarfs or elfs to Arborous in any case.. those are just too close of humans.

@Tuoni Ye, of course. Jacopo mentioned in

at ~43:00 (should have gone to sleep, but no, had to find it 😂) that they have plans for additional Beastman sub - races after the full release, so I guess we can assume Humans will stay with only the one race for now (yay 😂).

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If there would be more human "races", I think it would be more other "clans" or ethnic groups, maybe. Like we have in real life, a different culture, maybe a different physiology, but not more. I don't even know if it would be interesting x) But humans have never been interesting, anyway 😐

@Esher oh yeah humans have always been boring af

@Eurav He talks about Crocodiles as playable race.. omg! 🤦

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Since we are discussing different races...15429c29-d8cd-474e-9fa4-ffe8138ebdc6-image.png

@muker said in New Race Idea:

@VyrVandalous I see no reason to do a race with the potential for the craft, as otherwise all the fans of craft will pick it up, and it ends in a meta race for crafting

Yeah

what's wrong with that Boss?

Since all the main gear is player made.. crafting is the thing is it not?

some want to do magery or pvp.. which is about stats... and those of us who want to craft dont care as much about those types of stats as we may care about our crafting stats.

Ultima Online for example: you could get blacksmithing to 100. With a power scroll you could get it to 105, 110,115 and 120.

Then.. with BODS.. Bulk Order Deeds that is.. you could get gloves of mining, smithing, tailoring so forth of + 5 each.. so wearing a few let's say blacksmithing items or whatever would take you to legendary crafting status...

I always thought that was a cool idea.. I'm not saying copy them but instigating something crafting related would be awesome I think.

You might not agree but this idea has my vote.

Cheers folks.

@VyrVandalous If you can't take criticism, you're in big trouble.
    Everyone has their own opinion, everyone has the right to speak, so you have to be PATIENT

@muker said in New Race Idea:

@VyrVandalous If you can't take criticism, you're in big trouble.

Oh.. sure I can take it...

See? watch this.......

Muker <-------- Huge Hugs***

See man? we're friends now! =D

@VyrVandalous And you're funny, I will track you last😘

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured