Funding

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

This game really does have some incredible possibilities. I know the devs are working hard and doing their best.

I cannot understand why the funding is not much higher than it already is. I myself have been working hard to pass
    this game information onto my friends so they know about it.

The average person in the EU Lands makes 38k EU a year. 38k X 7 Staff Members = 266k. and they have only raised 145 EU thus far. I personally think they should be over the 2-3 million Euro point by now.

And that is only 1 year of wages let alone the following years to come needed to support this game. While I do appreciate how players here want to avoid the pay-to-win thing which does ruin alot of games I think the dev's should consider more broader means to generate funds to support the game and just let the community deal with it.

Someone Once Said: Your Honor has a price knight?... And the Knight Replied: Honor does not fill my belly nor shoe my horse.

We all live in the real world here and we all need to support ourselves. I think options such as Auctions and some more pay options should be included here in the game in order to ensure it's long term survival.

@VyrVandalous said in Funding:

(...)I personally think they should be over the 2-3 million Euro point by now(...)

The company does have investors and 'other means of funding'. While I agree that the Kickstarter should have raised more money, I suppose that once we hit Alpha 1/2 and some videos of actual gameplay hit the net, we're going to see a higher influx of paying customers.

@VyrVandalous said in Funding:

(...) think options such as Auctions and some more pay options should be included here in the game in order to ensure it's long term survival.

You have some cosmetics and a VIP subscription that you can purchase for a steady income to the company.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

You know why some games have raised $3 million before the A test.
    This game, to Q1, A-alpha time do not know,

• This post is deleted!

• Wiki Editor

@Meiki exactly
    @Azccc if you have in EU an income of 37k a year, you have a quite good life.
    Maybe not a luxury life, but a life without problems to pay your monthly bills and be able to spare money and/or do some funny things with it.
    I know many many people who have a salary under 25k a year even in Germany.
    There are even much people who not even get the legal 8,50 Euro per hour.
    If you count it for an average working month with 160 hours it is not even 1400 Euro, means 16,800 Euro per year.

• This post is deleted!

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi @VyrVandalous 🙂 As @Logain mentioned, we do have additional funding, we're not limited to Kickstarter and store sales. On the other hand, it's also true we're not selling as much as expected, so we're (slowly) burning through our savings. We expect things to change radically though once we lift the NDA and Alpha 1 begins, without having to resort to any kind of "pay to win" 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Prometheus
    Yes, you're right.Once the test is released,Things will change radically.
    Then I ask you.,Q1 is here.,Alpha 1 When does it start?

• This post is deleted!

@Prometheus
    put some cosmetics in the store with previews! and start that. If you're selling dynamight gold then put that in there too (dynamight gold spent during testing to be refunded when the game launches). If these items are pre-launch exclusives then I know people would buy them if they aren't 50$ each!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I’d be totally down for furniture/house cosmetics 😜

Just sayin’

But there has to be a fair amount of in game cosmetics as well, so there’s a fine line on that front.

@Meiki said in Funding:

@VyrVandalous Taking average income of an EU citizen is real blasphemy. If you really wanted to compare and to calculate it, you should have at least taken an average salary of an Italian developer, which is around 25k€ a year, I really wonder where you got that 38k€, as even in Germany it is only slightly above 37k€ so the average for EU lands is much, much lower. Hell, if you ever went out of your way to make some information collecting before putting out such a blasphemous claims, you would have known that averages in salary in the EU are right-skewered, i.e. over 50% of people earn much less than the average.

Blasphemy?

Perhaps it is.. but blame Google.

I simply put in average EU yearly income and that is what it gave me

So blame not me for this mighty transgression but blame the corporations!.. Blame the media outlets!.. Blame the
    Military Industrial Complex! =D

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki said in Funding:

@VyrVandalous I blame your lack of cyberliteracy. Whatever is on the internet does ought to be truth. But in case of salaries you can for example use the Statistical Agencies of the countries you are interested in. Google also could provide the highest yearly income in the EU for you, which would be either Swiss or one of the nordic countries, where the salaries are pretty high, but so are also the costs of the living there. I am not sure whether you are from any of the EU, but if you were, common sense is also a pretty good lead. I would for example struggle with analyzing the data of the US or any american country, the same goes for Asia, as I have no experience living there, so I can only imagine whether the society there is really so right-skewered as it is here. But as capitalistic approach is pretty widespread I think the idea is basically the same. The poor are getting poorer each year and the rich richer and so the difference became from a simple line, through a hole into an abyss.

@Prometheus I would supp Jetah and Pluto on this, previews of the cosmetic items would be pretty neat. At the same time, if you were to either refund dynamight gold spent during the testing, or put a discount like 20% or even more and that everyone keeps the cosmetics they purchase during the testing phases, it should also bring in some more money to the project. And as promised, if I get my annual bonus and if it is high enough I am going for the Creator pledge, but I doubt that it will be enough 😞 Maybe only if my currency got extremely powerful and the conversation rate was more in favour 😄 😄

You are Over Reacting and being a Drama Queen.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@VyrVandalous Give it time.. I'm sure it will be fine.

I do understand where you're coming from though.

@Prometheus I agree that lifting NDA and start of Alpha 1 will help with marketing a lot. However, I suggest Dynamight Studious on top of that to be more active with own videos and upload those in your youtube and Twitch channels more often. Releasing official content information is something players are really interested with and that will also give you more followers and that way more backers. Not every video needs to be long with massive content, you could introduce just one feature at the time, and that way keep community and followers keen to your product. 😉

• This post is deleted!

@Meiki Then I best be careful lest I incur your wrath eh?

I am anything but lazy... I learn/research all of the time.. but this is not a court of law.

It was a generalization and there is nothing wrong with that. I used google.. yes.. then I replied in what I believed to be
    a semi-humorous manner in reply.

Blame the Government!.. Blame Canada!.. that sorta thing.

Yes.. I am Canadian...

And you really do need to relax more.

It's not always what you say but how you say it. I myself am here for a fun time and to meet friends and I am not going to spend hours defending each of my posts which you seem to radically be following and consistently commenting negatively upon.

Relax.. lets have some beers and watch some Hockey eh?

Cheers Folks.

• This post is deleted!

Well.. maybe those numbers were not so accurate, but the point was still there so, that is enough for me at least. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured