Monster infrequent weapons?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

How are players going to make money? Are we going to take quests from npcs to go kill x number of y type of creatures and return for your reward? If that is how I have to make money that is going to get really old. If you say you make money by crafting and selling your stuff where do people get money to buy things? It can't be loot chests just lying around because those will be camped. I hope kills at least drop money. If that is the case and it is only realistic creatures that have that stuff then those areas are going to be camped. Better have lots of camps spread out.

@Farlander said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

How are players going to make money? Are we going to take quests from npcs to go kill x number of y type of creatures and return for your reward? If that is how I have to make money that is going to get really old. If you say you make money by crafting and selling your stuff where do people get money to buy things? It can't be loot chests just lying around because those will be camped. I hope kills at least drop money. If that is the case and it is only realistic creatures that have that stuff then those areas are going to be camped. Better have lots of camps spread out.

why do you need money?

if you fight, you guard the miners.
    if you fight, you steal from the miners

if you mine, you swap services with a fighter.
    if you mine, you swap services with a smith.

if you smith, you swap services with a miner.

i'd much prefer we need to build mining tools, find metal, then mint our own coins.

• @Jetah said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

why do you need money?

Because the game is going to have an auction-house/marketplace, which will be kind of awkward to use without money.

I wish we could mint our own coins, but it'll result in a lot of chaos early on. Most likely mobs will drop coins indeed.

Humanoid mobs can easily drop money.
    Perhaps gold ore can be used to craft gold coins, it can also serve as base for economy.

@Gothix said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

Humanoid mobs can easily drop money.
    Perhaps gold ore can be used to craft gold coins, it can also serve as base for economy.

how did the mobs get the money.. why did they pick it up..

problem is the economy will inflate. minting it could keep it in balance.

ut rabbit carrying 2h axe inside is just lame. And completely UNenjoyable.

Especially for the rabbit........

• @Jetah

how did the mobs get the money..

ogre: "look, tasty trvlr"

why did they pick it up..

for same reason as magpies: "look, shiny!" 😛

Imo best economy is in Path of Exile - no money, everything works on "barter" system - "currency" that modifies equipment, so there is still demand for it. It does have a flaw however, as one has to find everything by drop, but unlike unique items the currency still keeps it´s value.

The barter system is nothing other than another currency system. Each item will still have a coin value. However, instead of carrying coins of fairly little weight you will have to carry bulky items that require much more weight. That in turn will limit the value of transactions because you won't be able to transfer 100 swords worth 1000 gp as it would to just carry 1000 gp of coins. If you are lucky you will be able to store several items of varying values so you can easily make "change".

I liked the systems that were in later UO expansions and SWTOR. Your money was stored in the bank and each transaction was done via "check" where you bought an item and the money was directly removed from your bank to the other player's account. It's hard to do a transaction with a player in person when each person has a limited carrying weight. "Oh wait a second I can't carry all of that to make this trade. Wait a few minutes while I run home to get rid of some of my inventory."

I don't want complete realism. I want quality of life systems to speed up game functions to give me more time to do fun stuff. If you want to see a system as you are all talking about go check out Life is Feudal. I've mentioned it before. See how successful they have been with no loot drops, player only crafting, barter trading (resources of varying values became the preferred method by players), time sinks for everything you do, etc... It was basically a dead game by the time they launched their full game into the mmo.

@Farlander said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

The barter system is nothing other than another currency system. Each item will still have a coin value. However, instead of carrying coins of fairly little weight you will have to carry bulky items that require much more weight. That in turn will limit the value of transactions because you won't be able to transfer 100 swords worth 1000 gp as it would to just carry 1000 gp of coins. If you are lucky you will be able to store several items of varying values so you can easily make "change".

I liked the systems that were in later UO expansions and SWTOR. Your money was stored in the bank and each transaction was done via "check" where you bought an item and the money was directly removed from your bank to the other player's account. It's hard to do a transaction with a player in person when each person has a limited carrying weight. "Oh wait a second I can't carry all of that to make this trade. Wait a few minutes while I run home to get rid of some of my inventory."

I don't want complete realism. I want quality of life systems to speed up game functions to give me more time to do fun stuff. If you want to see a system as you are all talking about go check out Life is Feudal. I've mentioned it before. See how successful they have been with no loot drops, player only crafting, barter trading (resources of varying values became the preferred method by players), time sinks for everything you do, etc... It was basically a dead game by the time they launched their full game into the mmo.

that isn't how PoE's system works though. but i dont see PoE crafting in Fractured only because DS seems to want the 'craft 1000 swords because you'll die and it'll have to be replaced'. I just hope they have a system to create gear faster than Eve.

@Yitra said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

Especially for the rabbit........

I laughed.. how cruel is that 😥 poor bunny

• @Gothix said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

How do you use the marketplace early on?

@Jetah said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

problem is the economy will inflate. minting it could keep it in balance.

Economy will inflate regardless.

@asspirin said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

Imo best economy is in Path of Exile - no money, everything works on "barter" system - "currency" that modifies equipment, so there is still demand for it. It does have a flaw however, as one has to find everything by drop, but unlike unique items the currency still keeps it´s value.

@Farlander explains it quite well: even in PoE all the stuff has a monetary value attached to them that people use as a guideline when trading. The problem with such a system is that it's inconvenient if I die and need to regear or forgot to buy an item just before the zvz; and it comes with no real advantage. However, you are right that there should be a monetary sink and they will probably implement it as payment for guild activities (such as starting a siege).

/--------/
    PS: You think rabbits are not cool enough to use battleaxes? My rabbits, Stew and Pufichu, will be disappointed to hear what you think of them!

@Razvan said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

How do you use the marketplace early on?

You dont. You use direct goods trading. Civilization has to reach a stage of using monetization. That actually makes a lots of sense.

Someone has to craft money and it has to start be includedin trading and like in real life, starting money (there are no governments and banks) has to be some metal of value (gold).

@Razvan said in Monster infrequent weapons?:

PS: You think rabbits are not cool enough to use battleaxes? My rabbits, Stew and Pufichu, will be disappointed to hear what you think of them!

when we get the bunny/rabbit race for the furries.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured