Opening inventory during fight ?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@asspirin

i played in the alpha-beta somewhere phase. i realized it was going to be a bad game and didn't play at release.

@Razvan

that's an assumption, yes, but we dont know.

• @Jetah

i played in the alpha-beta somewhere phase. i realized it was going to be a bad game and didn't play at release.

that was correct decision, 24/7 grind simulator 😄 But point is in both games you have limited active abilities slots, so they´re very similar. Therefore if using inventory midfight would be beneficial in AO, then it would be in Fractured as well.

@asspirin said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

@Jetah

that was correct decision, 24/7 grind simulator 😄 But point is in both games you have limited active abilities slots, so they´re very similar. Therefore if using inventory midfight would be beneficial in AO, then it would be in Fractured as well.

depends if they disable that while in combat.

• @Jetah

Exactly 😄

• @asspirin said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

In Albion the potions are VERY powerful, have long CD and last a few seconds.
    If the potions in Fractured will be cheap and have a moderate effect, it wouldn't be unbalanced to use them from the inventory, but for me the combat will be less enjoyable.

@Jetah said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

@asspirin

What exactly you didn't like about it? The reason I'm here is because Fractured was advertised on Albion's forums or discord (I don't remember exactly) prior to the kickstarter campaign as a very similar game, but a lot more casual-friendly and without the horribly demanding endgame (territories are designed in such a way in Albion that you have to log in daily at a certain hour and do guild activities).

@Razvan Albion is a pretty shitty grindfest which encourages zergplay and big zerg alliances and therefore much good income and content is blocked for smaller guilds by the zergs and big alliances.

@Razvan said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

@asspirin said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

In Albion the potions are VERY powerful, have long CD and last a few seconds.
    If the potions in Fractured will be cheap and have a moderate effect, it wouldn't be unbalanced to use them from the inventory, but for me the combat will be less enjoyable.

@asspirin

What exactly you didn't like about it? The reason I'm here is because Fractured was advertised on Albion's forums or discord (I don't remember exactly) prior to the kickstarter campaign as a very similar game, but a lot more casual-friendly and without the horribly demanding endgame (territories are designed in such a way in Albion that you have to log in daily at a certain hour and do guild activities).

by advertised i assume you mean by the players and not a paid ad.

i just saw how the game was going to be (right or wrong) and it didn't look good. it's been a while since i played the alpha/beta so i may have forgotten but i just remember seeing the wheel and not liking how it was laid out and how much of a grind it was to obtain stuff.

• @Shivashanti said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

@Razvan Albion is a pretty shitty grindfest which encourages zergplay and big zerg alliances and therefore much good income and content is blocked for smaller guilds by the zergs and big alliances.

In Albion the gvg are 5v5, so small guilds can compete for territories (think of U12 academy). You are right about zerging but by the looks of it Fractured will have the exact same problem.
    How about the grind, if you played before f2p I agree with you. If you played after f2p, then it isn't bad.

by advertised i assume you mean by the players and not a paid ad.

I thought Prometheus wrote the post, but I could be wrong. Anyway, even by looking on this forum, it seems the two games will be quite similar and the only noticeable differences are: the races and stats system, how will the progression work, high level safe zones and maps not being instanced.

@Razvan well if you can afford gvg with your small scale guild then sure, and if you get your gear there too. I hope fractured will have the same problems, then on the other hand we will get a true open world and not that cluster-zone bullshit which strongens zergs a lot. Antother thing is the lack of hard cc immunity timers, just bring more people with more cc = autowin more or less.

• @Shivashanti
    In season 6 (the last I played), 1pg left squad after the last reset and played alone until the end of season, ending up as Crystal (and 4th place) and owning all NE Mercia, including GoE. Everyone was very active and we did almost only guild-related stuff: wc, mage def, mage raiding, cgvg and gvg. The only expensive activity was the gvg (which is not that expensive if you have teams that also wins from time to time); the cgvg gear was not expensive (6.1oc), the mage raiding gear was very cheap(4.1oc, but we lost hundreds of sets) and we tended not to die too much in zvz.
    In Anglia there were 2 guilds (Articulo Mortis <which ended up as 3rd place> and U12 Academy) who owned a lot of land and played solo for the whole season.
    My point is that it's possible to achieve such feats as a solo guild in Albion and it has been done, but you need skilled and very active people. On the other hand, doing this all day every day becomes tiresome.

@Shivashanti said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

and not that cluster-zone bullshit which strongens zergs a lot

I think the instanced maps with a bunch of choke points, the zvz stats scaling and the bubbles (groups size indicators on the map) make zvzs less potent. As a small group you can hold a defensive position on the edge of the map and completely secure the flanks, but in a open world map, bigger zergs will always be able to flank you. If they at least introduce the map bubbles in Fractured, then you will know what to expect.

@Shivashanti said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

Antother thing is the lack of hard cc immunity timers, just bring more people with more cc = autowin more or less.

CC doesn't win fights, coordination between tanks and dps does. Besides, one very important item in zvz is the locus (big aoe cleanse bubble).

CC has more of an impact in small scale PvP, where you can CC lock small amount of people to death.

This is impossible in large scale battles, specially if continued DPS will break CC effects. In large scale battles the group with more AOE dps and more healing will win.

• @Gothix We don't have enough information on how the large scale pvp will work in Fractured. My earlier reply was strictly a discussion about Albion, which is very aoe-heavy and in which CC matters very much in big scale, but you need coordination to between tanks and dps to score kills. For example, check this:

• As far as the main topic is concerned, I would like Fractured to have the same slots either for consumables and skills, as in the majority of the others RPG. I also that it'd be interesting if you cannot, for instance, drink a potion or use bendage while you are stunned or while casting a spell, if I got the topic.

The type of CC is very important. More precisely does getting damaged break CC on you or not.

If you are constantly aoed, then any cc on you will constantly get broken if it will work like that.

• @Gothix How do you kill anyone in a zvz ever if there's burst healing and you lose CC when getting hit?

@Razvan said in Opening inventory during fight ?:

@Gothix How do you kill anyone in a zvz ever if there's burst healing and you lose CC when getting hit?

You make it that there is no endless burst healing. 😉

we dont have burst damage though. they said time to kill would be longer than it is in the old alpha.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured