Open Alpha 2 Weekend & Test Extension

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Kralith explains this nice and polite. 😉 Way more calm then myself.

You should be grateful folks, out community is so nice, otherwise you could have easily run into some major issues. Internet is not such a nice place nowdays.

• Wiki Editor

Just think, with all the problems and people getting mad - you also tested what it will be like if you ever release to Steam. 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Arheyn said in Open Alpha 2 Weekend & Test Extension:

"We will make a free weekend." "No sorry go fuck we stop the stress test early" This decision allowed me to decide not to buy it, thx

im too!

Just baffled by some folks. Thinking that open tests might not be worth the vitriol when a test actually does what's it's supposed to do, even if that leads to having to stop said test. Although hopefully those same people avoid any tests of any games in the future as a "feature complete" and bug free game is really what they're wanting.

A reminder its worth remembering, "an alpha test is not a demo, it's a test. Expect stuff to break because it's a test"

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I never got to play this weekend but I was able to make a character and was excited but
    I was a low level backer so never expected to get in at this stage anyways.
    Not sure why some people are upset. Those of us that have been here for a long time
    just want the game to be good. Not rushed.
    This was test and the team probably gained very valuable information.
    Carry on guys your fans will wait!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Prometheus Ummm why does it say I don't have access? Didn't we all have access this weekend??

@Boclander said in Open Alpha 2 Weekend & Test Extension:

@Prometheus Ummm why does it say I don't have access? Didn't we all have access this weekend??

scroll up a little.. check their twitter otherwise.

I'd be very suspicious if everything went well in an Alpha test.🕵

I'd expect a Beta to run reasonably well but Alphas are often POC in my experience. That's Proof Of Concept and Piece Of Crap.😉

To me, it's a privilege to see the game at this stage and we can look back and remember how it's improved.

@Psymantis said in Open Alpha 2 Weekend & Test Extension:

I'd expect a Beta to run reasonably well but Alphas are often POC in my experience. That's Proof Of Concept and Piece Of Crap.😉

To me, it's a privilege to see the game at this stage and we can look back and remember how it's improved.

that privilege is no longer the case though. developer/publishers have figured out that people are willing to pay for that access. I haven't heard of an Alpha Stress Test before but I'm glad they found the problem now than in a Beta ST.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

didn't get to test. tad annoying as we need something new to play!! won't bother wasting my time though.

uninstalled, good luck to those that stay,

pathetic company.

@Smir Show me on the doll where the Alpha bug hurt you.

Seriously people. Get over yourselves. We found a MAJOR issue with the servers that may not have been caught for MONTHS if Dynamight hadn't offered this stress test weekend. To me, though annoying and disappointing, this was worth it. 👍

@FallenW1ng

bitches gonna bitch.

but odds are they moved on so we wont have to worry about them.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Yeah I don't really get some of the people ranting about how the open test went down. I'm one of the people who hadn't had the money to purchase a pack prior so I was excited for this and I actually got to play for a handful of hours prior to the bugs closing me out which I was completely understanding of. Yet even with those issues and the lack of more time to try I can wholeheartedly state that I am for sure going to try my best to buy the alpha pack so I can get in and play some more and test as much as I can. It was honestly a LOT of fun even with the damn cart bug lol. I really have started to fall for the hype train and I'm not even mad for once.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@DAUnHolyKnight I agree, I only got to play for about 3-4 hours. I'm kinda new to the MMO genre, but after playing even with the bugs 'looking at you cart lol'. I gotta say I'm definitely interested and will be buying a beta pack soon.

@Jetah said in Open Alpha 2 Weekend & Test Extension:

that privilege is no longer the case though. developer/publishers have figured out that people are willing to pay for that access. I haven't heard of an Alpha Stress Test before but I'm glad they found the problem now than in a Beta ST.

It's a privilege when it's truly testing and not a company profittering. Unfortunately, as you say, there's plenty of games with rip-off early-access packs. I believe these guys are genuine though. I'm wary of expensive packs because of the (planned to be) free to play games with them that end up being a (intentional or unintentional) scam. I bought the base pack here because it seemed worth getting in early to get the pre-release rewards. I couldn't justify the price of a higher pack to get Alpha testing as well as knowing the state it might be in at this early stage.

@Jetah said in Open Alpha 2 Weekend & Test Extension:

It's a privilege when it's truly testing and not a company profittering. Unfortunately, as you say, there's plenty of games with rip-off early-access packs. I believe these guys are genuine though. I'm wary of expensive packs because of the (planned to be) free to play games with them that end up being a (intentional or unintentional) scam. I bought the base pack here because it seemed worth getting in early to get the pre-release rewards. I couldn't justify the price of a higher pack to get Alpha testing as well as knowing the state it might be in at this early stage.

I dont mind if the publishers/developers state it's a free to play game with pre-purchase early access (i hate to even say it but Fortnite did that). If you hide that you'll be f2p and still sell packs then I get pissed.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@Specter Thanks for the run down. Sounds like the stress test was successful. 😃

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured