Dont forget the RPG

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Roccandil
    land. lust for power. [land] location. guild/alliance hellbent on ruling the planet. it's a sandbox so any reason that exist can be thought of here.

@Meiki No one has to do anything in the game but to reach certain levels of knowledge, yes you will be forced into pvp. No matter how you play on the words that is the end result lol. Sounds kind of like the SWG system for their achievement system. You had an ingame check list you could pull up of everything you had visited within the game. Once you arrived at a very specific spot the achievement unlocked and you got a check next to it. Sometimes the spot was a pain in the butt to find also and you walked around in circles for a few minutes lol. I do like the pk penalties in the game. Hopefully that cuts down on griefers.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Farlander What if the knowledge gained from PVP warped skills and abilities to be more PVP oriented? Essentially making the knowledge acquired by PVP irrelevant to PVE players. If your goal is to reach a higher level of knowledge, it would make sense that you would have to participate in both PVP and PVE.

@Jetah

PvP for the sake of PvP will certainly attract some people, but I'm hoping for more than that.

@Farlander

beast planet will only have limited areas of pvp. if someone is outside a 30 run from invasion points then they'll never participate in pvp.

@Roccandil

other than being a crafter or harvester, i'm not expecting much else. sure there will be some raids but Prometheus already said the want the solo player to experience as much as possible.

if you're expecting treadmill level of quest and action then Fracture wouldn't be for you.

I will say that Eve Online is a sandbox and they have bounties, which you speak to a bounty agent and they give you a place to find them. but other than that and the starting tutorial there isn't much other than PvP.

@Crowdac If that is the case then that would be great. As you get older your hand eye coordination gets terrible and pvp becomes more frustrating than fun. I tend to steer away from solo pvp these days lol. Are knowledge gains general gains from which you can spend them on the areas you wish? Until I actually see the knowledge system working I have no clue. I will have to wait until beta to start to find out. I'm not complaining, I'm just gathering info for my gaming community πŸ‘

• This post is deleted!

@Farlander Hopefully they will consider the completionists PVE completionists that dont want to PVP will be upset if the only way to get certain PVE spells is to PVP

@Jetah

I'm hoping the draw to PvP is more than simply PvP for the sake of PvP. Albion Online has scarce resources in PvP zones, for instance, and ownership of territory is valuable.

Maybe another way to put it is that I'm hoping PvP will be a means to an end, and not simply the end. πŸ™‚

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

The game has quests - they are simply not structured traditionally.

Quests are formatted like achievements, in that you perform certain tasks to improve your character skills or curry favor with the gods. You don't need to do anything other than acquire that trait or skill to start said quest.

I don't believe Fractured will even have a coherent NPC presence, let alone a turn-in style quest system.

@Roccandil
    resources will be different on the planets but not necessarily better. If you decide to be a Beastkin then PvP isn't happening outside of invasions. Humans will have invasions pretty often while Demons will be the aggressors toward all invasions.

there's land, cities, etc that factions will fight for. we aren't aware of the resource layout so people trying to pick a spot to place a city will happen later. There'll be pvp on the asteroids but I dont have any information on how often the appear.

right now it's pvp for pvp sake.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Farlander Never said you were complaining. I was merely responding to your post with some what if scenarios, in terms of potential directions the game may take. I shouldn't have used you and your in the earlier post. πŸ‘ ✌ 😁

@Jetah

Hmm. If true, I consider that a very bad thing.

@Xzoviac I don't think you seem you understand what RPG means... All it means is that you play as a character in actuality... you play that characters role in a game, no matter how limited it is. It could be as extensive as levelling up to lvl 10m and equipping up to 20 different pieces of armour and weapons, and having minions and pets and be able to build your own town and city, or build a space station... or it could be something as simple as being a herb farmer, talking to only 3 different NPC's, levelling up your proficiency and understanding of the herbs and not being able to change any equipment. Just gathering herbs and selling them. it is still an RPG... you are playing the role of a herb gatherer... it just wouldn't be as interesting as the RPG where u have 10m levels to go through and 20 different pieces of gear to make choices. In almost all JRPG's you dont get any choice to do much of anything... they are completely linear.

@Roccandil said in Dont forget the RPG:

@Jetah

Hmm. If true, I consider that a very bad thing.

I'm sure that will change. He's just saying that's the way it is right now.

@Xzait said in Dont forget the RPG:

@Xzoviac I don't think you seem you understand what RPG means... All it means is that you play as a character in actuality... you play that characters role in a game, no matter how limited it is. It could be as extensive as levelling up to lvl 10m and equipping up to 20 different pieces of armour and weapons, and having minions and pets and be able to build your own town and city, or build a space station... or it could be something as simple as being a herb farmer, talking to only 3 different NPC's, levelling up your proficiency and understanding of the herbs and not being able to change any equipment. Just gathering herbs and selling them. it is still an RPG... you are playing the role of a herb gatherer... it just wouldn't be as interesting as the RPG where u have 10m levels to go through and 20 different pieces of gear to make choices. In almost all JRPG's you dont get any choice to do much of anything... they are completely linear.

I know what RPG means, I was just saying what I enjoyed in a particular RPG (the one I enjoyed the most), I thought it would start a good discussion.

The reason JRPgs are rpgs are not because your role playing as a hero, it's because you can customize parts of your game, normally your stats, sometimes a few dialog choices, who you have in your party, what items you equip, what moves you use, the RPG origins, are likely from dungeon and dragons table top,

IMO the thing that makes those kind of games great is the depth of customization, within the story.

not just stat allocation and spell choice.

I just hope there is a server once/month event run by the devs. Those always seems to hype up the players. I remember when the Battle for Trinsic took place in UO to get ready for the Trammel launch. We had right about 10 people call off work to get into it that night. The next day the bosses weren't very happy lol.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

An inherent contract system would be amazing. Simply put as a leader of a town being able to produce, or direct people to produce items or gather resources is huge. Imagine I want to travel around and see another city. I could show up, find their stores, review what they need and set off on β€œquests” to obtain those things (be them x iron ore. X hide, x person for bounty). This would provide me income as I travel around and still let me earn to maintain a lifestyle and repair items/obtain new ones in the area. I think PVP has many different benefits depending on the race chosen. Beastmen learning to defend themselves from invasions, or to explore off Arboreus. Humans to prepare for the long nights of invasions. Demons because killing will provide resources. Give creative players a tool to add and create and we will. πŸ™‚

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured