New Race Idea

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@muker said in New Race Idea:

@VyrVandalous And you're funny, I will track you last😘

Thank-You M'Lord Muker

I am Honored to be spared as you unleash your wrath upon the 3 realms and I and my family shall take comfort in knowing
    that you shall spare us meager peasants to the very last!

Your mercy is most kind M'Lord.......

Little Billy and Sarah (My children) Thank you along with the spirit of my departed wife who passed 2 seasons ago
    from Polio.

Your Generosity shall be remembered!

@VyrVandalous said in New Race Idea:

@muker said in New Race Idea:

@VyrVandalous I see no reason to do a race with the potential for the craft, as otherwise all the fans of craft will pick it up, and it ends in a meta race for crafting

Yeah

what's wrong with that Boss?

Since all the main gear is player made.. crafting is the thing is it not?

some want to do magery or pvp.. which is about stats... and those of us who want to craft dont care as much about those types of stats as we may care about our crafting stats.

Ultima Online for example: you could get blacksmithing to 100. With a power scroll you could get it to 105, 110,115 and 120.

Then.. with BODS.. Bulk Order Deeds that is.. you could get gloves of mining, smithing, tailoring so forth of + 5 each.. so wearing a few let's say blacksmithing items or whatever would take you to legendary crafting status...

I always thought that was a cool idea.. I'm not saying copy them but instigating something crafting related would be awesome I think.

You might not agree but this idea has my vote.

Cheers folks.

Yes, almost all gear, and every end game gear is crafted, but there are no craft - levels, nor are there different tiers / qualities for gear. There also is no rng in crafting, so what bonus are you thinking of? Maybe faster crafting? I think a gathering bonus would make more sense in that direction, as that would actually do something and helps with crafting as well (more resources -> more crafting 😉 )

I think so far all races only have different bonis (maybe apart from the attribute points) which help in combat, but not in an economic point of view, so maybe the devs don´t want a race to have an economic advantage.

If they would now introduce a race with an economic advantage, I think we can assume that most people who love to gather / mine etc... will probably pick that race / are almost forced to pick that race, which would take away what we currently have. You pick your race based on your playstyle (PvE, PvP or PvX), and after that based on combat abilities / roleplay aspects. No playstyle is forced unto a speicifc class (you could make an argument that when you want a PvX playstyle you are "forced" to play a Human, but since there are abominations and angels people have a choice there as well)

@Eurav @VyrVandalous

races with economic advantages are perfect targets for my demon!

but if some races do focus on certain combat styles, why can't certain races focus on certain harvesting or crafting styles? Camelot Unchained will have classes specific for crafting and they'll need a solid guild or protection to head to areas needed to craft. I really like that even though I'm trying not to be a crafter/gatherer in games now.

Demon with economic advantages?

alt text

I will deliver your goods.. I promise!

@Jetah said in New Race Idea:

@Eurav @VyrVandalous

races with economic advantages are perfect targets for my demon!

but if some races do focus on certain combat styles, why can't certain races focus on certain harvesting or crafting styles? Camelot Unchained will have classes specific for crafting and they'll need a solid guild or protection to head to areas needed to craft. I really like that even though I'm trying not to be a crafter/gatherer in games now.

Well, Beastmen already are the race that focuses on gathering / crafting and PvE the most. The Attribute Points also give different advantages for gathering /crafting. Attribute Points are supposed to be what shapes your character, decide what your character is good / bad at.

E.g. Nheedra can have +2 STR and +3 CON, which leads to a max 20 STR and 21 CON. STR and CON impact how much weight you can carry, so it increases the resources you can gather with one journey.

@Eurav said in New Race Idea:

E.g. Nheedra can have +2 STR and +3 CON, which leads to a max 20 STR and 21 CON. STR and CON impact how much weight you can carry, so it increases the resources you can gather with one journey.

Perhaps dexterity impacts your gathering speed and perception to find rare resources as well.. 🤔 Anyway, I would also forget idea of profession focused races and I would leave that part purely for character progression. So those players who want to focus on professions, they can use points to attributes and abilitites which give them best benefits. Maybe on top of that they can craft items and wear gear, which gives them bonuses for gathering for example. So I would leave that freedom of choise to players also after character creation. I am not a huge fan of current state of beastmen either, because those are partly locked to play certain roles. I can live that, because most likely my main will be human, but still it takes something off from the base idea of sandbox.. imo ofc.

@Tuoni

so why do combat progression get advantages whereas if you're interested in a profession you get nothing specific for it?

@Tuoni

so why do combat progression get advantages whereas if you're interested in a profession you get nothing specific for it?

It is true that demons get combat advantages and Beastmen some bonus skills as well. However, Beastmen loses bonuses when moving out Arboreus and Demons get heavily debuffed if going there. So those combat advantages does not work all the time. Crafting bonuses would most likely be permanent. On top of that humans kind of have profession advantage already, they have easier access to different resources and technology as well. I would keep advantages generally as less as possible so race choise would not lock you to specific paths. In otherhand I understand that some differencies are needed to make between races or orherwise races would be only cosmetic. At the end this is just my personal opinnion and others can have their own. 😉

@Tuoni

but the combat people have advantages over the professionals.

there could be a Beastkin that better for finding animals (high scent animal). one for minerals while another for crafting. Humans are meh, jack of all trades type and they have technology. Demons could be the similar as the Beast.

example:

Rat race (like Kobols, for Tartarus) have been miners for centuries. thus they get a bonus to harvesting and/or locating ore.

@Jetah With gathering that could actually work better rather than with crafting. I do not want to see races which can craft better items than others.

• kitsune is the Japanese word for the fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context. Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing paranormal abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. According to Yōkai folklore, all foxes have the ability to shapeshift into human form. While some folktales speak of kitsune employing this ability to trick others—as foxes in folklore often do—other stories portray them as faithful guardians, friends, lovers, and wives.

Foxes and humans lived close together in ancient Japan; this companionship gave rise to legends about the creatures. Kitsune have become closely associated with Inari, a Shinto kami or spirit, and serve as its messengers. This role has reinforced the fox's supernatural significance. The more tails a kitsune has—they may have as many as nine—the older, wiser, and more powerful it is. Because of their potential power and influence, some people make sacrifices to them as to a deity.

Conversely, foxes were often seen as "witch animals", especially during the superstitious Edo period (1603–1867), and were goblins who could not be trusted (similar to some badgers and cats)
    HP 2900 MP 4300
    armor slash pierce crush 120 Magic 130
    str 20 INT 20 Dexterity 18 CON 17 perception 19 charisma 20
    damage increase by 15% spell amplification 30% accuracy rating 165 evasion rating 200 critical chance 10% critical damage 250 element fire ice and shock 25% poison 40% acid 0 psychic 50 memory 55 lockpicking 55% identify a score 250 detection 50% luck 100

@dawnofcrow I personally like when people justifies their suggestions like you. With that folklore part I was sold. 🙂 Fox would surely be intetesting option for Beastmen and something fresh too. I see fox as an agile, cunning, clever and with good senses, but not so strong. So I would tweak a little bit those max attributes to more like this direction:

STR = -2
    DEX = +2
    INT = +1
    CON = -1
    PER = +3
    CHA = -1

Dexterity or Intelligence could also be +3, but because there is already Beastmen with these primary attributes, I would personally choose Perception for best attribute.

@Tuoni
    it depends on how the attributes affect crafting.

but if combat races gain advantages with attributes then professions should too! you could have a blacksmith (high strength) which might be bad at precision (cloth). etc.

I am generally a little bit concerned how races and character creation are going to limit your character progression. This will easily come ahead in situation where you want to change your role for example. Now people are more pushed to create a new character. Now if professions will be taken along to this same mess, it will take even more out from freedom of character progression and base idea of sandbox. Thats the main reason why I dont personally want to see any more race differencies and bonuses what we already have. I dont want to see situation where we need everytime create a new alt if we want to focus on different activities.

@Tuoni
    you aren't designed to master every part of the game. you need to focus on your strengths.

I'd love to see races which excel at certain gathering, certain races excel at certain types of combat, certain races excel at certain crafting. while each race is open to whatever you want to do, it would be pretty bad to get a high strength race and decide to only cast spells with them.

@Tuoni
    you aren't designed to master every part of the game. you need to focus on your strengths.

I'd love to see races which excel at certain gathering, certain races excel at certain types of combat, certain races excel at certain crafting. while each race is open to whatever you want to do, it would be pretty bad to get a high strength race and decide to only cast spells with them.

Lets say a player starts to play as Erwydra in mind to play as a caster. What if he wants at some point try out tanking.. Okay he could, but then he would be quite squishy one. DS advertises Fractured to be classless system where you can knowledge everything. I see here a contradiction. Even you have the freedom of choise, you are still somehow locked to focus certain strengts you choose at the character progression. Many new players can later regret their choises what they have made at the beginning and I dont personally want to see that. These are the reasons why I want to see as less as possible any race differencies, and it does not matter if its related to combat or professions.

At the end this is just my opinnion, you have yours and others have their own. I truely understand your point of view as well and I can imagine how some people agrees with you. I will still stick with my POV. 😉

@Tuoni said in New Race Idea:

Lets say a player starts to play as Erwydra in mind to play as a caster. What if he wants at some point try out tanking.. Okay he could, but then he would be quite squishy one. DS advertises Fractured to be classless system where you can knowledge everything. I see here a contradiction. Even you have the freedom of choise, you are still somehow locked to focus certain strengts you choose at the character progression. Many new players can later regret their choises what they have made at the beginning and I dont personally want to see that. These are the reasons why I want to see as less as possible any race differencies, and it does not matter if its related to combat or professions.

At the end this is just my opinnion, you have yours and others have their own. I truely understand your point of view as well and I can imagine how some people agrees with you. I will still stick with my POV. 😉

Fractured says it's classless but never says you can be a master of everything. It only says there are no limitations on the knowledge you can learn (karma aside). So you can learn everything but you'll never be the best at everything.

You want to pick a race and be the best at everything and that wont happen (with the current design). DS needs revenue and selling character slots is a revenue point. It would be better from a min-max point to have each of the races and gear them appropriately for their strengths.

Maybe in the future they'll allow stat reallocation but as of right now it's locked in and you'll get a few points from somewhere as I forget the exact place.

@Jetah I know this. I just dont 100% agree with it.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

A game that actually has no classes isn't a game - it's just a sandbox.

Fractured has classes, it simply does not predefine them. You create your own class as you play.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Gothix

I Shall seek Ye out on your Battlefield of Dishonor Oh Wretched and Most Foul Demon!
    You shall not tempt the innocent nor plunder the poor any longer!!
    I am coming for you Foul One!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured