Elusive - Casual Beastman Guild

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Welcome to Elusive, @Xulu and @giansen!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I sent a request. Would be glad to join!

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Why are you exclusive to Beastmen? Wouldn't any good aligned PvE character make sense?

• Wiki Editor

Welcome @Jiki!

• Wiki Editor

@Pwnstar I suppose we could, but any good-aligned, non-Beastmen players would have to leave Arboreus every day or two since only Beastmen can stay permanently on Arboreus and getting to the planet is not easy.

Having the game do that to evil characters makes sense but not for Good alignment. I bet it doesn't survive the beta phase.

The point of the three worlds is to accommodate three styles of playing. PvE, regulated PVP and unregulated PVP.

Forcing a PvE player to leave Arboreus makes zero sense.

• Wiki Editor

@Pwnstar Only time will tell - I know there have been changes in their thinking on similar issues. Still, crossing planets and the difficulties there I don't see changing as it's core to the game.

I wanted to edit to add that if any good-aligned races end up being able to stay on Arboreus permanently, I don't see why we wouldn't let them in. As it stands with the stated difficulty crossing planets it would have to be a multi-world guild which I'm not sure the game provides for, although I thought I remembered the only restriction guild-wise is alignment - this is one of those things that has flip/flopped a bit and I don't recall where it landed; originally, it was world restricted.

@Pwnstar said in Elusive - Casual Beastman Guild:

Having the game do that to evil characters makes sense but not for Good alignment. I bet it doesn't survive the beta phase.
    The point of the three worlds is to accommodate three styles of playing. PvE, regulated PVP and unregulated PVP.

Good Aligned Demons are probably looking to turn into Angels, and I think for Angels they are not sure wether they will permanently be able to stay on Arboreus or not.

As for Good Aligned Humans... Humans are the reason for The Fracture (destruction of Elysium into the three planets) and Beastmen are a very nature loving race who are the only ones able to access the primal energy on Arboreus, which was left from Elysium. The reason Beastmen are able to stay on Arborues forever is because they are loved from nature and the primal energy.
    Since Humans are the reason for the destruction of Elysium and can´t access primal energy, I don´t see a reason why they should be allowed to stay on Arboreus without limitations.

Forcing a PvE player to leave Arboreus makes zero sense.

If you are a PvE player you play a Beastmen.

The three planets are for three playstyles and intervening between the planets is not a regular every day thing. The most likely is a Demon comin to Syndesia. A Human won´t be comin to Arboreus just to do so some PvE

If you allow Humans to stay forever on Arborues, who needs Beastmen? If a Human can freely access the resources of Arboreus, and you can do the PvE on Arboreus without limitations as well as on Syndesia (and the PvP on Syndesia), why would anyone play a Beastmen?
    If you allow a Human to stay on Arboreus forever, you can just make a Human to live there. Beastmen would then just be a different race (with its race bonis yeah yeah) but with less gameplay versatility.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Welcome @Jiki!

• @kellewic said in Elusive - Casual Beastman Guild:

I'm not sure the game provides for, although I thought I remembered the only restriction guild-wise is alignment - this is one of those things that has flip/flopped a bit and I don't recall where it landed; originally, it was world restricted.

I believe orignially they were race restricted, then alignment restricted. Last word is that they're world restricted. You have to be able to live permanently on the planet a guild is based in to be able to join it.

@Eurav said in Elusive - Casual Beastman Guild:

If you allow Humans to stay forever on Arborues, who needs Beastmen?

Because different races have different racial bonuses and abilities. If you want the Beastmen ones, play them. If you want the Angel ones, play those.

• Wiki Editor

@Target said in Elusive - Casual Beastman Guild:

@kellewic said in Elusive - Casual Beastman Guild:

I'm not sure the game provides for, although I thought I remembered the only restriction guild-wise is alignment - this is one of those things that has flip/flopped a bit and I don't recall where it landed; originally, it was world restricted.

I believe orignially they were race restricted, then alignment restricted. Last word is that they're world restricted. You have to be able to live permanently on the planet a guild is based in to be able to join it.

Thanks. It's changed so many times I couldn't remember 🙂

Because different races have different racial bonuses and abilities. If you want the Beastmen ones, play them. If you want the Angel ones, play those.

Humans would be broken then. Having an immense advantage over the other races (and if they would then balance out Humans and Demons, would only lead to Beastmen being even more unnessecary).
    You can´t just... make a race have a certain gemplay aspect, and then make another race which has the same gameplay aspect + another gameplay aspect and some more. Apart from roleplay freaks everybody who is sane would choose a Human over a Beastmen then. It would make Humans too strong.

Also...
    In the first Feature Spotlight it says that they don´t want races to just give you different stats /bonis / abilities / whatever and maybe put you into different fractions who fight against each other. They want each race to offer a different gameplay aspect, and with allowing Humans to permanently stay on Arboreus this would not hold true anymore. Aaand as already said it would not make sense with the current lore as well.

Well, I will stop after this, since this is not the Thread for this. If you want to continue please go ahead and open up a new Thread in General Discussions.

• Wiki Editor

Welcome @Ziguar!

Welcome! 😄

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

"It’s confirmed: on Wednesday, April 10, at 4pm CET (10am ET) Fractured is going public with Alpha 1 - Test 1!

Alpha 1 is open to all backers with a Knight pledge or higher and is not under an NDA - so you can record it & stream it too!"

So...where and when are we meeting up? I will be on hand for the launch...even though most launches happen several hours-or days-late lol

• Wiki Editor

welcome @valsundo and @Artien

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Just sent a request. I plan to start as Udoadra, so I'm going to need a pack 🙂

• Wiki Editor

@Wolfmane just approved. Welcome!

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Thanks! Looking forward to building a community together.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured