guild sharing loot/ stats

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@gothix or... or... just don't make the party leader the one who choose... much more immersive, and logic... all other options bring you to a shit game like AO.

@grofire said in guild sharing loot/ stats:

@gothix or... or... just don't make the party leader the one who choose... much more immersive, and logic... all other options bring you to a shit game like AO.

lol, so who will chose?

Each member for himself? So one member will go with round robin, one with free for all, and one with loot master? xD

Why have party at all then if you want your own loot? Just kill mobs by yourself.

If you are in party but killing your own mobs and not sharing loot, what's the point of party?

This can not be voted on, due to simple fact that it would be too complicated.

So One person forms party and invites first member, 2 people in party, loot type is voted on and two players do not agree... how is loot set?

Third person joins the party, voting AGAIN, they don't agree, how is loot set?

Forth person joins...

I'm not even thinking about situations when party is playing with, for example, group loot, but in emergency situation, loot needs to be set to free for all, due to someone disconnecting, or all kind of stuff that usually happens in every MMO. Quick loot type changes would not be possible.

It will just not work like you wish. This is why every MMO out there since forever has been using "what works".

Party leader decides, and if you don't like that party rules, join another party, or invest a bit effort in forming your own.

@gothix said in guild sharing loot/ stats:

lol, so who will chose?

Each member for himself? So one member will go with round robin, one with free for all, and one with loot master? xD

yes!!! each member will choose for himself, crazy notion lol...

i want to go with party, because there is different roles in a party, and you can PVE better, or i might go with a party because i want to meet people, and talk to people, it doesn't mean i want to share my loot.

i want to go with party, because there is different roles in a party, and you can PVE better, or i might go with a party because i want to meet people, and talk to people, it doesn't mean i want to share my loot.

That's called a guild or a custom chat channel. 🙂

Being outside of party, a nearby healer can still heal you up, he doesn't have to be in party with you, nearby tank can still pull agro of mob you are fighting (if you are about to die and he wants to help you) even if he is not in party with you, you do not need party for that.

And you can chat with them in "say" chat if you are playing nearby, while killing your own mobs, or you can talk in custom made channel if you are not close by.

Party is something else, it's about killing SAME mobs TOGETHER, and then loot needs to be distributed somehow, between everyone who helped kill it. That's called loot distribution rules. You can not have "your own" loot if many people killed mob together.

For chatting, helping out nearby in emergency, etc. you don't need party at all.

@gothix sorry that just stupid!

In all games there is a way to distribute loot, even in AO.... the only issue is that the party leader choose if it's FFA or personal, so no! Every player will choose for himself.

@grofire

because that is one way how multiplayer games work. again until DS says how it works we can only tell you how it has worked in other games.

if the loot is seen by everyone then, usually, it's the party leader's decision to say how the loot works. In Diablo 3 everyone sees their own loot.
    I have never played a game where the individual picks how the loot is distributed in a group. it has always been the group leader.

@Gothix
    grofire's fear is forming a group with guild members and the guild members (usually leadership) takes all the loot. Only instance I'd stay in the guild is if it was a weekly 'guild gathering day/hours', otherwise i'd leave.

@jetah ya i know most games its leader choice, that why i started this post, asking how it will be.

@grofire

can you give an example how your version would work. think about it very well because i'll try to argue against it. i don't belittle you but i'll try to discredit the idea.

@jetah its quiet simple, a party go to PVE, each member choose what he wants, FFA or personal, when some one press on the loot, a box show up for him with all items inside, his and his party. his and the FFA will be normal color, the other will be red, if you take the red, it will be consider thief, like the dev already said it is exist in the game. so you can take your items and not others.

@grofire
    i doubt people would ever pick ffa then. those players wouldn't get any loot because there's always one player that will take all the ffa loot and their own then leave group and move on to the next group.

I can't see Fractured having personal loot (only you can see your own) but I don't see an individual setting their own either.

I did find some post using the search bar:

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/1844

In PvE you can get loot rights or not. Looting a corpse for which you don't have rights is a criminal action. Quite classic.

There will be harder and easier areas of course, but no Albion-like stuff. They have that because of different PvP rules (not allowed, penalties, FFA). You know Fractured's world building is entirely different :slight_smile:

https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/post/1752

Two very interesting questions 🙂

yes, you will lose everything you carry when you die, even if you're a Beastman on Arboreus. You can still recover the items in your body if you get back to it in time and nobody has looted in between though. Whether other players (not in your party) can loot you (and the consequences) depends on the race/planet, of course, as for all criminal actions :slight_smile:

you will get drops from mobs, but mostly limited to special resources and currency. No complete items, aside from very special situations. All complete items will be crafted by - and therefore also traded between - players!

I beleive Grofire wants that when mob dies he drops 5 items, 1 for each party member.

Yeah GL with that. 😄

@gothix no, that is not what i want, but if you didn't understand till now, i don't know how i explain anymore, it seems that you have never played MMO before.

@grofire

your group kills 1 mob. 1 piece of loot is there. Who's loot settings works on it?

@jetah depend on how the distribution system work... from my point of view it can be random... even more, if 10 items drop and there is 5 people in party, all can go random, and it might happen that 1 player get all 10 items.

@grofire
    so there's no chance for that loot to be free for all because I had FFA set?

This is usually why the group leader sets the loot distribution. If you like the way it's set then you stay in the group. Otherwise you ask for it to be changed or you leave the party.

@jetah no, there is no chance for it to be FFA if drop for you and your setting is not FFA, but in the long run after more then 100 monsters, all will get probably the same amount of drop, because its statistically even chance. in FFA leader choice, the tank will get all items since he his the closest to the monsters... and the rest will get much less.

@grofire
    so how does the game know when to use my FFA settings and your restricted settings for 1 item? This is why I said it's better for the group leader to set it. Generally if the group leader went though the trouble of forming the group then they decide how loot is done. If you don't like that then you ask them to change it or leave.

@jetah I tried to explain but it seems you guys stuck, so I will wait for Dec to say how it will be, in any case it's stupid party leader decide, every game I seen that have it manage to workout but in guilds it always fucking the new players or the low level player in the guild.

@jetah I tried to explain but it seems you guys stuck, so I will wait for Dec to say how it will be, in any case it's stupid party leader decide, every game I seen that have it manage to workout but in guilds it always fucking the new players or the low level player in the guild.

in guilds, if the guild leadership is forcing members to give loot then leave the guild. there's no other way to fix it. no members in that guild and they have to do it themselves. don't let that one guild force you to believe that's the only way it works. The guild i'm in never did that unless it was to build something for the guild, even then it was donations.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured