OCEANS IN FRACTURED???

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Guys seeing that one of the main fractured points will be exploration, I wondered if it will be possible to explore the oceans of the 3 fractured worlds. So what will the role of water be?
    But it would not be nice to be able to travel in the seas and maybe even play the profession of pirates or it would be cool to have a fourth race in the game (the inhabitants of the abyss).
    What do you think of the idea? looks interesting? explore inland rivers / lakes / puddles and whole seas!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

i dont know about the role of the water in fractured but it will be definately cool to explore the oceans maybe something like the Undersea Kingdom! Great idea @Mehwar i hope they consider it✌ ✌

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@mehwar They would first finish the planet, which will gradually be replenished. Just why do several things at once (important), when you need to do one and work it well. I, in turn, do not want the quality of the world to be affected by water travel. First make the world, then work on additional features (travel the oceans, transitions to other worlds with the help of mysterious portals, etc)

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@muker you are totally right! but i was just saying it would be cool in future to have something like this☺

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I would like sea exploration, but be aware of underwater area's. That was done very badly in alot of mmorpgs

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't think there will be oceans for the moment (or maybe some beachs on Syndesia, but not sure). aybe they'll add it later ^^ Navigating on ocean could be hard to develop, and I don't think there is oceans on Tartaros πŸ˜› But if they did, it could be a cool idea πŸ™‚

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

^&!# exploring the ocean, I want to be a dreaded demonic ghost pirate. That would be awesome

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mehwar that has been talked already. There will be no navigable oceans neither a way to swim.

I want a sea expansion!

my idea for this is to allow the 'humans' to research it over the course of x months and the demons can 'steal' it during an invasion. of course the beastkin and humans would share it because they're buddies. One thing I loved about ArcheAge was the naval warfare, private boats and underwater exploration/farming.

It would be a great way to get the community involved in a pre-expansion event. boats could start off small and over the months grow so that we eventually have something similar to battleships (maybe battleships will take years). The first boat could be small like a skiff that seats 5. a frigate that seats 10, cruiser that seats 25. then the battleship that could hold 75. all of these would be sails at first then the humans could start building some steampunk style engines! (this could be another expansion)

I would have the captain of the boats be required to have a skill to use them. Rank 1 Captain skill would be for the skiff, Rank 2 is required for the Frigate and Rank 3 for the Cruiser! There would be no fires on the ship to swap out skills so if you would want to save the Captain at all cost. I'd put a hard limit of 2 players able to equip the Captain skill while on skiff or bigger boat.

When humans finally develop cannons small enough to place on Cruisers then players would need a Naval Combat skill slotted to use them. This skill could use distance as rank perks with accuracy.

1. Skiffs are used mostly to haul people from Cruiser to shore, to save personal when the Cruiser is destroyed or to invade another ship. Skiffs are pretty small and can capside easily so using spells or ranged abilities aren't advised, however, there could be a skill that allows the use of bows and ranged spells.
    2. Frigates are a faster version of the Skiff. It could have a crows nest to gain a bonus to line of sight. Players on a Frigate can use abilities freely.
    3. Cruisers could have 1-2 skiffs stowed on the sides. Cruisers can have 2 cannons on each side of the ship. Maybe the Demon version would have 1 in bow, 1 each on port and starboard, 1 on the stern. I figure the Demons would be more aggressive, maybe forgo the stern cannon and place 2 on the bow. Naval Warfare would be required to the cannons.

These 3 tiers of boats could be released over the course of a year or two. While in development there would be some advances to allow all races to stay underwater for longer periods of time. Either spells that allow breathing, spells that create a bubble (it dissipates over time) or scuba gear is invented over the course of the expansion.

Coral could be used in new recipes or be an additive to old recipes (i hate recipe bloat, btw). seaweed could be used in new food recipes. pearls for jewelry and oysters, lobster and other sea creatures for food.

I did mention farming at the beginning! coral, oysters can be farmed. either underwater plots can exist or you just have to remember where you planted your stuff.

This expansion can open up water plots for bungalows similar to this. we could swim or use a personal single seater boat to access it.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@finland said in OCEANS IN FRACTURED???:

@mehwar that has been talked already. There will be no navigable oceans neither a way to swim.

ok and to use a skill to frost water and to walk on a desert island ? would be fun with no mana middle way πŸ˜‚

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@finland nooo 😒😭

Oceanic trade routes, danger of pirates and other mystical sea creatures (or just a very hungry fish), being a pirate yourself,...

Whats not to like? πŸ™‚

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esher said in OCEANS IN FRACTURED???:

I don't think there is oceans on Tartaros πŸ˜› But if they did, it could be a cool idea πŸ™‚

Maybe add oceans of hot tar?

@benseine said in OCEANS IN FRACTURED???:

@esher said in OCEANS IN FRACTURED???:

I don't think there is oceans on Tartaros πŸ˜› But if they did, it could be a cool idea πŸ™‚

Maybe add oceans of hot tar?

Oceans of molten lava, that melt the ships as they sail though. πŸ˜„

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix that's why I switched to tar instead πŸ˜‚

I completely forgot to mention! Oceanic expansion could add private islands for housing!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@finland Not having oceans is not as bad, but not having a basic swimming skill to cross rivers, lakes etc. is actually really sad as it limits exploration to running along the waterways instead of crossing them anywhere.

• @severinus You can cross them by freezing them.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

@target but what if you arent a magic user?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@gothix Indeed. Now this sounds like there's options for tons of fun things.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured