Curious

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Heh, I agreed. We'll have to wait for more info for there to be meaningful conversation

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Right now we can only discuss what may be or may be not... but it's up to the devs to deliver some gameplay/game mechanics or similar stuff to discuss. This needs time.
    You can already play Linkrealms if my information is correct (never tried it) so it makes sense there is way more to discuss. I'm happy most people choose to "spam" in the welcome section, cause I personally don't care if a welcome thread gets like 100 postings. As long as there is no harmful spam like dubious links and stuff like that.

Yeah hopefully when the game has more to talk about there will be better discussions, but take notice that there may be lots of posts in the welcome section, but that may just mean more people are taking interest in the game as well 🙂

• DymStudios - CEO

@holya said in Curious:

It seems pretty clear the majority of posts to most threads contribute nothing. I'm not going to say it's necessarily a problem, even if I personally find it extremely distasteful, but it's definitely spam.
    Edit: Not to mention wtf is up with all this necroing?

Posts in the Welcome section don't hurt anyone :slight_smile: Necroing on the other hand is quite annoying, I've noticed that happening. @Specter will keep an eye on it in the future.

• Community Manager

There has been a recent increase in spam. This spam is extremely dangerous and may attack at any time, so must deal with it. 🔨

In all seriousness, we now what you're talking about and we're taking care of it. 😉

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@holya said in Curious:

Linkrealms after 2 years, versus Fractured after a couple months.
    alt text

It seems pretty clear the majority of posts to most threads contribute nothing. I'm not going to say it's necessarily a problem, even if I personally find it extremely distasteful, but it's definitely spam.

Edit: Not to mention wtf is up with all this necroing?

@Prometheus change it to awarding points for reading threads/daily logins? I feel the lack of quality will discourage people who are sincerely interested, even if it encourages people who want points.

Holya you can't truely go by that forum. There was one or two older version of link realms forum before that one. When Prometheus took it over he gave it the best make over as far as a forum page goes

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@aries
    I realize it's an apples to oranges comparison, but the comparison doesn't need to be taken as more than anecdote for my points to remain valid. Don't get me wrong, this forum has no right to be anything other than poor quality considering it's not really based around anything yet, but c'mon.

3/6, 50% of the most recent Non-English Discussion threads are currently in English.

It feels like, even in the threads centered around Fractured that Prometheus posts, half of the responses are less than 3 words. It's like that kid from school who puts his hand up just to tell the teacher he doesn't know.

Likewise, the welcome section feels like mama Prometheus is offering his retarded children cookies/points to socialize with each other.

Iunno dude, just some cynical part of me finds a group of people interacting with each other without any sense of community/friendship/rivalry/thought, purely so they can get some endorphins from watching their 100% irrelevant/only there for marketing reasons numbers go up gross.

Edit: just to be super clear, not saying it's bad/should stop on my account, merely saying I don't like it.

@holya said in Curious:

@aries
    I realize it's an apples to oranges comparison, but the comparison doesn't need to be taken as more than anecdote for my points to remain valid. Don't get me wrong, this forum has no right to be anything other than poor quality considering it's not really based around anything yet, but c'mon.

3/6, 50% of the most recent Non-English Discussion threads are currently in English.

It feels like, even in the threads centered around Fractured that Prometheus posts, half of the responses are less than 3 words. It's like that kid from school who puts his hand up just to tell the teacher he doesn't know.

Likewise, the welcome section feels like mama Prometheus is offering his retarded children cookies/points to socialize with each other.

Iunno dude, just some cynical part of me finds a group of people interacting with each other without any sense of community/friendship/rivalry/thought, purely so they can get some endorphins from watching their 100% irrelevant/only there for marketing reasons numbers go up gross.

Edit: just to be super clear, not saying it's bad/should stop on my account, merely saying I don't like it.

No one likes it but instead of just complaining just suck it up or make a post to get people to start complaining or something. I wouldn't suggest flooding others posts to make your point that just irritates everyone

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@aries ??
    Is this thread not specifically about speculation/complaint about the result of the daily quests?

Flooding

2 posts?

4 serial, the fuck are you on about?

@vengu said in Curious:

(...)With that said, I think the main reason why it's messy right now is because there simply isn't much to talk about. Hopefully when the game is further along in development we will also see better discussions.

While I concur, there's a negative side to being further development wise as well. Once they are ready to start their Kickstarter campaign, there's likely a massive influx of new people and while they have more to talk about, it might not be enough to compensate for the sheer amount of people. Awarding for posting is always a tricky system that can easily get out of hand (and activity wise, you could just ask for reading ten posts as well).

• Community Manager

@Holya and @Aries, Please keep it civil. There's nothing wrong with having a heated debate, but don't resort to name-calling.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@specter I resent my name being included here s;

Any chance you guys would want me to write you a little solution to auto-lock threads older than "x" on your forums? 😉

or maybe that feature, or a module doing it, is out there already? https://meta.discourse.org/t/about-the-plugin-category/12648

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I have to agree with Holya on most of these points. I literally log into the forums every day, see if anything new and interesting has popped up, and if not, open a hello thread and post a 2 worded response.

I don't know what the solution is though, at least most of the spam is in a regulated area, and not in news or other helpful topics.

@specter said in Curious:

@Holya and @Aries, Please keep it civil. There's nothing wrong with having a heated debate, but don't resort to name-calling.

Maybe a duel and battle tab would help people like him. He is a keyboard warrior after all 😁

@oobenonioo said in Curious:

I have to agree with Holya on most of these points. I literally log into the forums every day, see if anything new and interesting has popped up, and if not, open a hello thread and post a 2 worded response.

I don't know what the solution is though, at least most of the spam is in a regulated area, and not in news or other helpful topics.

Personally, I'd rather login daily and notice a bunch 2-words posts/threads confined to 1 single and (rather) well circumspect category / sub-forum, as opposed to logging on and seeing a whole bunch of nothing, or very few posts at all.

I'd also rather have those than a bunch of flames/trolls/antics. They, at least, represent a sign, an opportunity to engage and open, discuss. That's always one of the key elements you want to have to kick off a community. It's great that people have a sub-forum to just do that basic thing!

Maybe something that would help: having an easy link somewhere to pre-made filter excluding "Welcome..." forum, like: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/search?term=&in=titlesposts&categories[]=all&categories[]=watched&categories[]=1&categories[]=2&categories[]=4&categories[]=3&categories[]=8&categories[]=9&categories[]=10&categories[]=11&categories[]=12&categories[]=13&categories[]=14&categories[]=6&sortBy=relevance&sortDirection=&showAs=posts

@holyavengerone said in Curious:

Personally, I'd rather login daily and notice a bunch 2-words posts/threads confined to 1 single and (rather) well circumspect category / sub-forum, as opposed to logging on and seeing a whole bunch of nothing, or very few posts at all.

I'd also rather have those than a bunch of flames/trolls/antics. They, at least, represent a sign, an opportunity to engage and open, discuss. That's always one of the key elements you want to have to kick off a community. It's great that people have a sub-forum to just do that basic thing!

Maybe something that would help: having an easy link somewhere to pre-made filter excluding "Welcome..." forum, like: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/search?term=&in=titlesposts&categories[]=all&categories[]=watched&categories[]=1&categories[]=2&categories[]=4&categories[]=3&categories[]=8&categories[]=9&categories[]=10&categories[]=11&categories[]=12&categories[]=13&categories[]=14&categories[]=6&sortBy=relevance&sortDirection=&showAs=posts

I totally agree with you I think it should only rewarded by a minimum of X amount of words per post

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@aries said in Curious:

I totally agree with you I think it should only rewarded by a minimum of X amount of words per post

You mean the quest should only complete if there's a minimum amount of words in the post? That would just encourage more spam. I see posts like "10chars" on other forums all the time to reach the minimum required words/characters.

@vengu said in Curious:

@aries said in Curious:

You mean the quest should only complete if there's a minimum amount of words in the post? That would just encourage more spam. I see posts like "10chars" on other forums all the time to reach the minimum required words/characters.

This is true but they dont have to tell you what that minimum is. So for all we could know it would be 20 heh

Not a huge fan of the artificial post word count restriction. I'd rather have a way to easily filter out unwanted forum sections instead.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured