EU / NA Servers?

• TF#3 - ENVOY

EU / NA Servers?

• Community Manager

@zziox One server located in North America, connecting everyone through SpatialOS.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

But why? I guess u guys have heared of Albion Online... EU timezones has way more traffic then NA... On NA times game is legit dead.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@zziox Over time and depending on the circumstances, I suppose they would determine how to do the best for both the players and the game itself, for now we hope to see how it goes.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

do you think that SpatialOS will give EU players a proper ping to compete with NA ?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@silentnj said in EU / NA Servers?:

do you think that SpatialOS will give EU players a proper ping to compete with NA ?

I doubt SpatialOS will affect raw ping very heavily, but its cloud-based server hosting and procedural world loading should give each player the optimal ping for the respective geographic distance because the server itself responds faster.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@baslak @Specter and i can assure you with 99% they will say: "Sry boys no EU servers or playerbase is gonne be split and our pop. is to low for that to happen." instead of giving us a Server where the main playerbase is. And go from there the high pings are legit a turn off for allloooot of players. But i guess going to NA gives u more money since they are willing to pay more for ingame stuff? I dont know... Another dead game in 2 Years max that acctually looks somewhat decent.

• Community Manager

@zziox Everyone will be playing on one server, connected through SpatialOS. If EU players suffer from high latency due to the distance between Europe and the NA server, the devs will open a EU server as well.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@specter I like the answer. But i rly dont wanna sound like a a-hole i can garantee you that ping is going to be bad when u connect from EU to NA. Who is going to tell what kind of ping is to high? Does it only have to be "playable" or should it be a "smooth" experience.
    I live in germany with a 200k internet connection, id say its above avarage of the speed that most germans use.
    And i play Albion Online with 120 Ping.
    And as u guys mentioned there will be aswell "competetive play" and EU is going to have a disadvantage again. Albion has so many freezes and lags that the hardcore EU players who love the game still stay and look over it. I couldnt even get my friends to test Albion after i told them that it has only NA servers.
    But if you want a game to be successful with a stable playerbase, "ping" will play a HUGE part.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@zziox Do not worry they will open an EU server if will be required. We have years to test 😉

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I hate to admit it but @Finland is right on this. Test it from other countries and always report the ping and the quality of the game mechanics.

It will surely depend on number of players that buy the game from different regions. If there is many players, they will surely add another server (logical).

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

This post is deleted!

@baslak

the only game i know that made a single server work is Eve Online. and it doesn't require a low ping to play.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Going 1 server was imo. a really bad decision by SBI. And u will not get "alot" of numbers if EU players know that there is only 1 NA server. Like i said alot of ppl. will not even touch a MMO that plays like League of Legends, with a ping disadvantage. Imagine World of Warcraft had only NA server(s) a shit stom will rain on them. Playerbase will stay low and die out slowly with only 1 Server. And like i mentioned in my last reply, who is deciding what a to high latency is? like Specter has said. And does it only have to be "playable" or should it be a "smooth" experience for the EU player.

We will see during Alpha how the server handles it.

Of course if ping shows to be crucial, and NA players having advantage over EU players and keep winning battles due to ping, and only 1 server will be in NA (I am from EU) then of course I will not play the game.

But if ping shows to be an issue, then I'm sure devs will plan one more server in EU. They do not want to lose EU population due to something that would be a game breaking issue.

We will see in Alpha.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured