Dungeons

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Surely the dungeons will be exciting, I want to play them!

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@baslak Me too 🙂

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Considering where Fractured is taking its gameplay and the explicit confirmation that all dungeons will be open world (something I'm not too keen on honestly), here's how I see the ideal Fractured dungeon (not necessarily the planned Fractured dungeon).

• All dungeons have multiple entrances and exits to reduce camping effectiveness.
    • While not instanced per se, once a room is empty, all of its traps and gimmicks reset along with its enemy respawns.
    • Bosses spawn in a cycle. Once Boss A is killed, you must go to Boss B or Boss C to allow him to respawn again, which takes 5~10 minutes after this condition is met. All linked bosses and their dungeons are relatively close together.
      • When a boss respawns, all players in the boss room are booted to the "foyer" before the boss. This is to account for multi-stage or multi-room bosses that would break otherwise.
    • The same boss may appear in multiple dungeons, especially in the case of minor bosses.
    • Bosses may drop their own weapons and armor. These are not directly useable; they are materials to craft weapons and armor that are. (e.g. gigantic troll's armor is too big to use but you can chip pieces off to make plate armor)

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I would expect them to allow players to choice how they complete dungeons, including whether they desire to play solo or with cooperators.

My favorite part about dungeons is exploration!
    Im still hoping that dungeons in mmo's will take on a more Zelda-esque style where killing monsters is one thing, but puzzles and traps are also important. And I do think dungeons should be soloable exept for a few ones for the hardcore players.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@sharo Dungeons will be only open dungeosn not instanced and will be mostly solable. Only few boss will require a group. but everything will happen in a pvp full loot area.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Everyone loves a good old classic arpg-esque dungeon, now the interesting thing here would be how they can be used in conjunction with the knowledge system. Super rare knowledge that can only be discovered in the depths of the most challenging dungeos? Yes please.

@finland Open dungeons sounds really neat 🙂

@frequencyzero sign me up! 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@frequencyzero I suppose that the tasks to get the stage 1 of spells can be found on the starting planet for level 2-3 you need to travel and discover more. About how to get the knowledge well it will be everything from gathering to killing things exploring really everything not just dungeoning ;).

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

As @Sharo has already mentioned, I'd like for dungeons to be bit more creative than just smash every enemy till there is none left. Some secrets, puzzles, jumping areas and traps would be great addition. If I'm honest I'm not too keen on them all being soloable but thats the design they are going for so will make the most of it 🙂

@miffi

one reason i'm asking for asteroid-dungeons, as the dungeons could change as often as you enter them.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@jetah said in Dungeons:

@miffi

one reason i'm asking for asteroid-dungeons, as the dungeons could change as often as you enter them.

This. 🙂

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Have to have huge epic dungeons!

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Prometheus And if the entrance of the dungeon was through an altar 😄

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

not a bad idea

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I kinda have mixed feeling about Open dungeons, while I do miss the open dungeons from everquest where you could farm all day I remember the BS that also occurred in those same dungeons. You had people who would just camp a single boss for hours and hours and sell the loot rights to it. There were groups/guilds that would keep content on lockdown making it almost impossible to get certain pieces of loot, it was very common for epic weapons. I know because we were one of the guilds who did it. We would kill certain bosses on spawn that were required for certain epics. Pretty much unless you paid us we would destroy the epic piece or give it to a guild alt to preserve the boss timer.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@maethor said in Dungeons:

I kinda have mixed feeling about Open dungeons, while I do miss the open dungeons from everquest where you could farm all day I remember the BS that also occurred in those same dungeons. You had people who would just camp a single boss for hours and hours and sell the loot rights to it. There were groups/guilds that would keep content on lockdown making it almost impossible to get certain pieces of loot, it was very common for epic weapons. I know because we were one of the guilds who did it. We would kill certain bosses on spawn that were required for certain epics. Pretty much unless you paid us we would destroy the epic piece or give it to a guild alt to preserve the boss timer.

This won't work in Fractured because the lack of a large power gap means any other guild (or two or three) can come murder you for trying it.

So what's more likely to happen is that several guilds will compete for the same boss spot, and if this ends up locking the boss off to most players the developers will just add more dungeons with the same boss.

How about..

They could follow the SAO model where the bosses room is locked so the team attempting the kill has fair chance of it. Fractured couldn't do the only 1 kill though.

Fractured change to above:
    Once the boss is defeated an exit door is opened. After a minute the door shuts, the room is filled in AoE to kill anyone still remaining as the boss respawns.

Optional:
    Each boss is killed once with extraordinary loot (requires a well coord team) and Asteroids are used as repeatable dungeons.

@jetah

Killing them just for staying behind sounds a bit too drastic, I still like my idea of giving them huge debuffs to make sure they can't defeat the boss again more.

That last one wouldn't really work in an actual MMO. Imagine you start playing after a year, only to find out all the dungeons are empty.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured