Fall Playtest & Final Relaunch Sale

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all!

As we prepare for the relaunch on Steam Early Access, we've decided to have a last playtest with a wipe beforehand.

Here we go then: the Fall Playtest is starting on Thursday, September 28, at 2pm UTC, and will last until the night of Sunday, October 15!

To celebrate this huge upcoming milestone, we’ve decided to apply a discount to current founder packs. Say hi to the Final Relaunch Sale and 40% cheaper game access!

Read the full announcement

We can't wait to see you all in game again! ❤

• One quick, but minor suggestion. In the page discussing the new test, link the mentions of the discounted packs to the page to purchase them. It will encourage people to look at the packages available and increase the number of purchases/upgrades.

• DymStudios - CEO

@GorethMolier said in Fall Playtest & Final Relaunch Sale:

One quick, but minor suggestion. In the page discussing the new test, link the mentions of the discounted packs to the page to purchase them. It will encourage people to look at the packages available and increase the number of purchases/upgrades.

Good suggestion, done! 😄

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I only see the old 20% discount labeled, not the new 40%. Is it there but invisible?

DIscounts go from 40% on the adept package to the 20% on the eternal. I see them correctly.

• if a pack is bought through the website now, is a steam key given later? or if i want to play on steam, do i need to wait?

thank you.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

+1!

Can't beat the value at that price point, and wanted to support the studio without Steam taking its cut 😁

Rock on, Dynamight!

@Melwing said in Fall Playtest & Final Relaunch Sale:

if a pack is bought through the website now, is a steam key given later? or if i want to play on steam, do i need to wait?

thank you.

I expect they would deliver us a Steam key and have everyone play through Steam, probably the easiest way to do it.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Good move!

@HolyAvengerOne

got some info on this point.

By default no, a standalone key does not also get a Steam key by default.
    The reason for that is that both keys are valid, and what happened with other games is that as soon as a game releases Steam Keys for everyone, the secondary market gets flooded with those Steam keys, which eventually damages the game.
    That's why lately games have started avoiding giving away Steam keys.
    With that said, the devs have not yet decided on this matter, and they are trying to see if there is a feasible way to provide those Keys while avoiding the effect I just described.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Wonderful! Iam curios to have a look on the changes and the rebalancing.

• @spoletta said in Fall Playtest & Final Relaunch Sale:

@HolyAvengerOne

got some info on this point.

By default no, a standalone key does not also get a Steam key by default.
    The reason for that is that both keys are valid, and what happened with other games is that as soon as a game releases Steam Keys for everyone, the secondary market gets flooded with those Steam keys, which eventually damages the game.
    That's why lately games have started avoiding giving away Steam keys.
    With that said, the devs have not yet decided on this matter, and they are trying to see if there is a feasible way to provide those Keys while avoiding the effect I just described.

Makes absolute sense. It just seems weird that this is being advertised as the sale leading up to the 'steam relaunch' if a purchase of it doesn't get you... the steam relaunch

Awesome, thanks for the update @spoletta!

I think it's always a good selling point to be able to showcase your true player numbers on Steam stats and to have every player promote the game by default to their Steam friends list as they play, but I understand the concern you raise.

By now (ie. compared to 6-7 years ago, when I was active in the scene) I would have thought Steam would have come up with a way to secure those keys by giving the option to tie in to an externally certifiable account.

shakes fist at Steam/Gabe 🧂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured