Becomming an Angel or Abommination

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If I had a pawn that kept switching sides on me, I'd probably throw that pawn away pretty quickly. That being said, it probably wouldn't be worth it to code an entire separate fallen angel race for the small minority of players who can't decide on their alignment.

Question: when it comes to race-specific skins, such as the trained wolf mount from the foundation, will angels get a separate skin too, or should we expect to see holy paragons of light riding around on demonic hellhounds?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@nelchael said in Becomming an Angel or Abommination:

If I had a pawn that kept switching sides on me, I'd probably throw that pawn away pretty quickly. That being said, it probably wouldn't be worth it to code an entire separate fallen angel race for the small minority of players who can't decide on their alignment.

That's how it should be. Wanna became an angel well you must be good. Wanna became an abomination well you must be evil.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

If I had a pawn that kept switching sides on me, I'd probably throw that pawn away pretty quickly.

Good thing you're not the evil god then.

• readily leaps to do you petty favors
    • can be controlled once their motivation to risk their life as double-agent is found
    • can be fed false information to take back to enemy
    • can be fed real information to fool enemy into doing dirty work or exposing themselves
    • can be given diseases, curses, bombs disguised as relics, etc. to take back to enemy
    • excellent candidate for a scapegoat

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs in real world possibly. In game not really.

I think that the transformation should be one time deal and possible to lose it at least for angel/demon. For abomination/beastkin it is probably a bit different as it is harder to redeem oneself then to fall back into darkness 😉

In both cases after changing back to original form it should be difficult to stay in both in Arboreus and Tartaros.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Question: when it comes to race-specific skins, such as the trained wolf mount from the foundation, will angels get a separate skin too, or should we expect to see holy paragons of light riding around on demonic hellhounds?

I kinda want to see that.

Not sure if I've seen the answer, but I've looked a fair bit and didn't stumble upon it. So, I know that demons change appearance when they become an angle. However, are all "angels" the same, or will Blood Demons, Shadow Demons, and Hellfire Demons all have different abilities/looks when they transform into angels? Ultimately, will there be different angel types?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esoba I suppose that every angel will look the same indistinctly from the starting race. About abilities look it will not be affected cause everyone may get all abilities in the game. school are set. Maybe they will add some special effect to buy from the mark that woul look more close to an angel.

@finland ahh, so you're thinking that once you hit that point of becoming an angel every type of demon will transform to becoming the same visual of an angel. That would also indicate, like ya said, having 1 set of special angel type abilities. Still, it would be pretty cool if each type of demon let to a different type of angel. Or in same thing in the case of beastmen to abominations.

I want to play a redeemed fallen angel, so demon to angel, then fallen again, then redeemed again, well.. maybe fall and redeem myself once again after that.

What kind of skin do I get for that? 😛

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@esoba every race got the same spell. if you want new visual effect I think you will be forced to buy some gfx from the store. So being human, beast, demon, angel or abo to me will not influence the aesthetics of the abilities.

@finland

It does have some influence, for example it's been said that hellfire demons are more resistant to heat, shadow demons are better at stealth, etc. I'm actually really curious as to whether those passives will disappear with the angel transformation or not.

@gothix

A unique skin called Indecisive Irma. It looks just like the default demon skin. The devs were going to make it look unique, but they couldn't decide on a design for it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

It does have some influence, for example it's been said that hellfire demons are more resistant to heat, shadow demons are better at stealth, etc. I'm actually really curious as to whether those passives will disappear with the angel transformation or not.

they said that's going to became a totaly new race. So you will lose everything. Racials. attributes (you will have to reassign), skin, and planet.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in Becomming an Angel or Abommination:

I want to play a redeemed fallen angel, so demon to angel, then fallen again, then redeemed again, well.. maybe fall and redeem myself once again after that.

What kind of skin do I get for that? 😛

I suppose that's not going to happen XD if you lose your alignment/karma you will go back to your starting form.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Tbh, for me it would be a huuuuuuuuge dissapointed if I pick a Hellfire Demon because it has alot that is suited for tanking, and as an angel my char is not really suited for tanking anymore.

Only way to counter it is to make Angel or Abomination similar to human race, with 120 attribute points, instead of 100 with beastman and demons.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine they will tell us what kind of racial the angel and abominations will get. So player that plan to challange will know it from the begining.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland yeah ofc, just pointing out that they should make angel/abomination so that it is apealing to switch for ppl of all playstyles, tanks, stealth, heal etc.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine yeah would be more suitable like for humans. agree

@benseine Exactly what I was thinking. I would love both abominations and angels to have different flavors depending upon what you started as. I can completely understand if that isn't included as it might increase cost/time, but I think it would be awesome.

@benseine These are exciting answers. I'm really looking forward to at least trying the abomination quest line. I'm curious how many abominations or angels we'll be seeing once the game has been released for a few months or years?

I wonder if you can return to your original race after becoming an Angel or Abomination?
    --edit: This was answered earlier in the thread, that you'll go back to your starting form.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured