Crafting considerations

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

It needs to be MORE group oriented, not less.

The higher level mobs shouldn't be entirely soloable. Especially Ogres and Dragons. Partly because i'm terrible at kiting 🙂

I doubt we'll ever see anything like a party system, but i've seen occasions (and been in one) where randoms will try and group up in general chat to go do some farming. On Syndesia at least all the does is paint a big red target on peoples backs.

• Content Creator

@grofire

Previously, Purples were removed at campfires. It was abused at minster spawns to cheese them.

Going to a town should still be part of a game. Might take a group to make a town (which makes sense) but the Tavern is always available to remove purples unless you're Red(and that's a Red Punishment).

There is also 2 default towns on each continent.

Waystations/cabins in the woods were there before towns were introduced, but really, tech levels make more sense connected to towns. If anything, they will probably limit crafting even more by locking some of the stations currently available in houses to town buildings. Towns need prestige to grow in Tech that wouldn't work for an individual home. This means tgere is no incentive to build a house on personal property instead of just crafting stations and chests.

Solo loot and gold is fairly easy right now. Solo crafting w/o city support is limited, but as a soloist can get by without higher tier gear until they accumulate enough gold to buy gear (or make some contacts to craft at their city stations)which are tge typical Multi-player benefits most Solo players play MMOs for.

Groups over 3 take a KP penalty right now, points and % cleared, Larger groups have the additional "cost" if building/maintaining their cities or are in the same boat as solos.

@grofire said in Crafting considerations:

@spoletta why you say it 7? prove your point...
    i will say it more like 2, and to prove my point, i will say that:

1. there is no advanced tech for solo

Techs are made by groups, which invest a huge number of resources in them. The solo player can then choose any settlement based on the techs he want and gain the benefit with almost zero investment, and almost zero contribution to the city.

1. solo advancement in skills are super slow compered to group

Yes they are. This is the only point where we agree. The group distribution of KP is incredibly generous and makes partying up the optimal choice. Still, you can solo all the content.

1. solo advancement in gold and loot is super slow compered to group

Gold is better farmed alone, so no, I reject this point.

1. many game mechanics are gated like: farming, war (siege), and so on.

Anyone can sign up for a war. Farming is getting implemented for personal plots.

so to answer your question i would change all the 4 points above.
    and some more laws like the purple HP, to get a better solo experience, and had somthing for the city players extra.
    let me give you example:
    i played many years in dragonraja Korean MMO, there the 2 nations could declare war one on the other, and fight on the map, but couldn't effect others, but solo players could sign to any side they want, and join the war.
    most of the prize would have gone to the group since they declared the war, and some gone to the solo, this way solo players joined who ever had the less players, and the fight was better balance and still had many solo and group play.

You are literally describing the current tech system that you are criticizing.

Nations declare wars -> Cities develop techs.
    Solo players can sign to any side they want, and join the war -> Solo players can join any city they want and get the techs.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@spoletta said in Crafting considerations:

@grofire said in Crafting considerations:

@spoletta why you say it 7? prove your point...
    i will say it more like 2, and to prove my point, i will say that:

1. there is no advanced tech for solo

Techs are made by groups, which invest a huge number of resources in them. The solo player can then choose any settlement based on the techs he want and gain the benefit with almost zero investment, and almost zero contribution to the city.

your just saying that the tech is a group job, you said nothing to counter my point that solo player are unable to join it as deciders, only flowers, that could be throwen at any time, like it happened this test.

1. solo advancement in skills are super slow compered to group

Yes they are. This is the only point where we agree. The group distribution of KP is incredibly generous and makes partying up the optimal choice. Still, you can solo all the content.

1. solo advancement in gold and loot is super slow compered to group

Gold is better farmed alone, so no, I reject this point.

have you played solo ???? because i did, and i have no idea how anyone that played solo can say it... as solo player i have done 4k gold in about 5-6 hours, at 3 players party i made 4k in less then 20 min.
    i reject your rejection.

1. many game mechanics are gated like: farming, war (siege), and so on.

Anyone can sign up for a war. Farming is getting implemented for personal plots.

so to answer your question i would change all the 4 points above.
    and some more laws like the purple HP, to get a better solo experience, and had somthing for the city players extra.
    let me give you example:
    i played many years in dragonraja Korean MMO, there the 2 nations could declare war one on the other, and fight on the map, but couldn't effect others, but solo players could sign to any side they want, and join the war.
    most of the prize would have gone to the group since they declared the war, and some gone to the solo, this way solo players joined who ever had the less players, and the fight was better balance and still had many solo and group play.

You are literally describing the current tech system that you are criticizing.

Nations declare wars -> Cities develop techs.
    Solo players can sign to any side they want, and join the war -> Solo players can join any city they want and get the techs.

i do not understand how you missed my point so much ? first of all i didn't talk about tech at all so i do not get how you add that to your point.
    in my example, i shown that in that game, 95% of the game was solo player oriented, and there was some, group activities that solo can join up.
    witch is supper different from what we have this game, that its 95% group and only 5% solo.

and im still waiting to see why you rank solo to group at 7, to my 2.

@GamerSeuss said in Crafting considerations:

@grofire

Previously, Purples were removed at campfires. It was abused at minster spawns to cheese them.

true, but we can get purple to remove by time, why to force people to go cities ?
    when there is an issue, the game go towered cities and not in a set of mind of a solo POV.

• Content Creator

@grofire Solo doesn't mean not using cities. As was said previously, why most solos play MMOs over Single Player games is things like cities. The fact that, if desired, a soloist can participate/utilize some group activities/resources

@GamerSeuss there is a difference between using cities and forced to use cities...
    in both solo and group oriented game there is cities, the difference is, that in solo one can go to a city if he wish, and in group he forced to.

I farmed in solo around 8-10k per hour in the previous beta.
    Going there in a team would have decreased that.

@spoletta maybe they change the gold drop, but that defiantly not how it want for me, this test. its true thought, when i max power it was little faster, but nothing like group, the gold was crazy.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This post is deleted!

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured