The PvE vs PvP Thread

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas none said that will be inhospitable for humans 😉

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@finland said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@phaethonas none said that will be inhospitable for humans 😉

I think it is at least implied that the beast planet will be inhospitable to humans, but if it won't, if you ask me, so much the better.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas Good Humans can walk there safely. I can feel so good the alignments restrictions 😛

Prometheus said that the game is not going to be like ALBION ONLINE with starting zones protected but end game zone PvP on only! They want give the deep experience to both side. For those who likes PVP and for those who does not.

• Community Manager

It's based on alignment. Arboreus is inhospitable to evil-aligned players.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@phaethonas said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@phaethonas said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

Also, I don't think we know that "Demons [...] will not allowed to kill people in the most of the planet". I am almost certain that something like that hasn't been announced and I sincerely doubt that the devs would make Arboreus for the most part a safe zone as you hope.

They said it!

Till you point me to the direction of that info, I will doubt it.

It would make no sense to have demon invasions at the beast planet then. If 80% of Arboreus is a safe zone, it makes no sense to have that mechanic.

They have said that the demon invasion is a human planet event, not a beastkin one.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

sounds like the spotlight can't come fast enough.

So it kinda sounds like the 3 planets are like the 3 security levels of space in EVE.
    Where Arboreus is high sec, Syndesia will be the low sec and Tartaros will be null sec.
    Basically in null sec you can attack and kill anyone without repercussions. In low sec you can also kill anyone, but by doing so you will lose alignment, having your alignment too low pretty much gets you killed by NPC called Concord (space police) when you jump into high sec. High sec is high secure zone and if someone gets attacked the Concord will also jump to that location.
    That said, quick strike forces can attack people, loot and jump to safety before Concord gets to that place.

Weirdest thing about this all is that null sec is in a lot of cases safer than the other 2 area's as the areas there are controlled by big alliances and if someone flies around that doesn't belong there the intel chat channel will be notified and that person will most likely get destroyed quickly.

• Community Manager

@jetah And it will. Due to the popularity of this topic, the next spotlight is going to be about this topic instead of town building.

@specter said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

(...)Due to the popularity of this topic, the next spotlight is going to be about this topic instead of town building.

Great news, thank you! I hope that details on the 'severe restrictions', the size/resources of the 'PvE only' zones for Arboreus and the goals/design philosophy behind Demons with their invasions (the spotlight on races claims that Demons spread chaos and death on Arboreus, but if most the planet is PvE, that is a bit of a ... misconception/miscommunication) are going to be included, since these seem to be the most debated topics?

@specter said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

@jetah And it will. Due to the popularity of this topic, the next spotlight is going to be about this topic instead of town building.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

it'll be good to know how invasions will work. what the limitation will be, if any, and what areas (even if it's a percent) will be protected on Arboreus.

I think the current problem is everyone is interpreting the highlights differently.

@evolgrinz said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

So it kinda sounds like the 3 planets are like the 3 security levels of space in EVE.
    Where Arboreus is high sec, Syndesia will be the low sec and Tartaros will be null sec.
    Basically in null sec you can attack and kill anyone without repercussions. In low sec you can also kill anyone, but by doing so you will lose alignment, having your alignment too low pretty much gets you killed by NPC called Concord (space police) when you jump into high sec. High sec is high secure zone and if someone gets attacked the Concord will also jump to that location.
    That said, quick strike forces can attack people, loot and jump to safety before Concord gets to that place.

Weirdest thing about this all is that null sec is in a lot of cases safer than the other 2 area's as the areas there are controlled by big alliances and if someone flies around that doesn't belong there the intel chat channel will be notified and that person will most likely get destroyed quickly.

yeah it's just 1 system for each where the whole game playerbase will be in 1 of 3 systems.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

One thing I don't understand is, why do so many PvPers here have such a big obession with Arboreus? What does Arboreus have that Syndesia and Tartaros does not? The devs have said multiple times that no planet has resources that are strictly better than the other planets, so it can't be about resources. Why would you want to fight a bunch of peaceful PvE players over more PvP oriented players on Syndesia and Tartaros. Prometheus has also said that you generally can't destroy player-owned structures except during city sieges, so you're not going to be able to destroy many buildings either. Heck, many PvPers in here sound more excited over attacking Arboreus, than the eclipse mechanic on Syndesia.

@vengu said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

One thing I don't understand is, why do so many PvPers here have such a big obession with Arboreus? What does Arboreus have that Syndesia and Tartaros does not? The devs have said multiple times that no planet has resources that are strictly better than the other planets, so it can't be about resources. Why would you want to fight a bunch of peaceful PvE players over more PvP oriented players on Syndesia and Tartaros. Prometheus has also said that you generally can't destroy player-owned structures except during city sieges, so you're not going to be able to destroy many buildings either. Heck, many PvPers in here sound more excited over attacking Arboreus, than the eclipse mechanic on Syndesia.

it's a challenge to get other there. it's a challenge to have lower stats to fight them, demons are given a handicap. and there's the 'why not' part.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I think one of the largest factors of the PVE vs PVP debate has to do with how looting and equipment is dealt with.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

it's a challenge to get other there. it's a challenge to have lower stats to fight them, demons are given a handicap. and there's the 'why not' part.

A challange you say? I don't think the best or most skilled PvPers will roll a beastmen.

@ildirettore said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

I think one of the largest factors of the PVE vs PVP debate has to do with how looting and equipment is dealt with.

Yeah considering that we don't have to grind the experience the only real problem should be the loot. Losing everything should be frustrating for many.

@finland

it isn't about being a beastkin, it's about overcoming the handicap being a demon on Arboreus.

@vengu said in The PvE vs PvP Thread:

One thing I don't understand is, why do so many PvPers here have such a big obession with Arboreus? (...)

Now that is a very good question and maybe part of the back and forth argumentation!
    While I certainly can't talk for others, I can try to elaborate my reasons.

First from a personal perspective, I intend to play as Udoadra (Wolf-kin beastman), but simple PvE grinding with no challenge is a little too boring for me. I enjoy the 'thrill' that an evil (group of) Demon/Human could try to catch me off guard, which means I'd have to take a run, showing my map awareness and preparation, followed by displaying my community interaction through persuading the request for assistance to my wolf pack. That said, I fully understand this is personal preference and would never ask to have the mechanics just for my own kick.

Now from a PvP perspective, if the three worlds would be fully separate from each other, it wouldn't matter, but they are interconnected. This means, what happens on Arboreus has great impact on the two other worlds as well. MMORPG PvP players, much like PvE players, want a feeling of progress (else they'd simply go with one of the countless MOBAs), which means in a group versus group, guild versus guild and even player versus player scenario, strategic resource management takes the role that levels would in PvE. Having that backup equipment, the potions, the mounts and whatever else can be looted from you and used as an advantage in combat means you can return to the battle right away and that is the target of the opponent, to deplete your ability to return to the battle. If the complete environment is PvP, you can effectively hinder your opponent on regaining these resources, simply through controlling and limiting their access. If there are large parts of non PvP areas, every PvP player/league is suddenly required to run a good number of bots there, because that is an instant and easy ability to refill your resources (it can not be blocked and controlled by your opponent). And you suddenly removed a key element of PvP from the game (and made life more miserable for the PvE player by having them compete with countless bots, followed by the PvE players crying for instanced dungeons, which means there is even less player interaction and the game effectively turns into a 4-player dungeon raid-Diabolo clone).
    As an add on, PvP players tend to enjoy the freedom of 'moderating themselves'. Where a PvE player has to complain to a moderator/gamemaster if another person insults them and can not do anything about another player hindering their progress/enjoyment by challenging their 'hunting area', a PvP player can easily tackle the situation alone, simply through force.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain I have a different view and it easy. I plan to play as human for the siege mechanic but I would like to hide/avoid pvp mostly while gathering or doing dung. That's all. If you start as beastkin you can move out from Arboreus for some good pvp. You are not forced tostay there as beaskin.

@logain(...) If you start as beastkin you can move out from Arboreus for some good pvp. You are not forced tostay there as beaskin.

You might want to read my complete posting, not just the first five sentences.
    Namely the part where I explain that it directly influences the PvP mechanic, not just my desired playstyle.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logain I have not skipped it. And it does not influence the PvP except if you aim to have big nerd guilds ownin everything. Honor buddy for the win! That was a must for those spending 4-5 hours a day in raid and the other time the bot was grinding money for you. I hate only those who use bots in pve or pvp content but if they use bots for gathering I have nothing to say cause I did too. The panorama you described abowe is like AO where the top guilds were monopolizing the territories. I prefer people that can jump in battle every 2 mins like an fps arena. Remeber that not everyone can play h24.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured