Can Good Characters Party With Evils?

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

The situation is simple again, and by the way sorry if I sound tedious about possible mechanics exploits but I've played a lot of mmorpgs (as other here will have) and I've seen a lot of strange things happening to circumvent rules and mechanics in a legit way.
    Take a bunch of Good aligned healers and supports and put them in a party with an Evil one willing to do the killing and then sharing the loot.
    Will this be possibile?
    If so, such a party could go around killing other Good people without the supports being targettable since they are also Good.
    Maybe an interesting mechanic, unless something like this is already planned, should be that healing an Evil character is an evil action, thus a Good character healing (or supporting) an Evil one would lose some karma.
    Moreover being in party with an Evil character could make the Good one lose karma over time as bad company.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GreatValdus

The answer to this is, No. A good player is not capable of grouping with an Evil aligned player. And I think Specter claimed that if a neutral player changes to evil while in a party with Good players, then they will be automatically kicked out of the group.

@Ostaff well this pretty much solves everything in this case, many thanks for your answer... 🙂

• Community Manager

@Ostaff said in Can Good Characters Party With Evils?:

@GreatValdus

The answer to this is, No. A good player is not capable of grouping with an Evil aligned player. And I think Specter claimed that if a neutral player changes to evil while in a party with Good players, then they will be automatically kicked out of the group.

I believe that response was related to guilds and Demons/Beastmen becoming Angels/Abominations.

@GreatValdus As Ostaff said, they can't group up. You can find more information about how it all works in this spotlight. 😉

@Specter ah I was so close!
    Last night I gave up at 3am trying to catch up with past blog articles and I was almost at the one you pointed out! 😄
    Well thanks for the dig, that clarifies a lot about PvP flagging and AoE friendly fire.
    Just to be sure, beneficial AoE, such as buffs or healing, will work without PvP flagging, I suppose, right?
    In that case I understand it will anyway work only with party members, I don't know about guild members outside the party.

Wait, that opens a new question, or better a clarifications.
    When saying that with PvP mode is on you start getting hit by EVERY AoE that will be cast does it mean that Good players will start damaging Good players too?
    That would be harmful, since a party of Good players doing PvE with lots of AoE could be attacked by surprise, flagged, and start damaging each other suddenly!
    Or do the basic rule of no Good to Good damage still applies?
    Because if they can damage each other I suppose they would also lose karma for harming that way.

• Content Creator

@GreatValdus It was written as a cautionary note previously, which would indicate that everyone would be hittable by AoE spells, good, bad, and the ugly...which makes AoE spells much more problematic in group dynamics

@GamerSeuss I like the idea, friendly fire adds a whole new level of tactics and need of coordination in PvP context, which is good in my opinion.
    Do you know something about karma loss when hitting other Good characters with unintentional AoE effects?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@GreatValdus said in Can Good Characters Party With Evils?:

unintentional

Good players can only harm other good players if those other good players have their PvP status on. So if you are just out PvE'n, then you do not have to worry about friendly fire unless an Evil player AoEs the group.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured