Coinage and Monster Gold Loot

• @Gothix
    Why exactly do you dislike the listing fees and why is selling stacks a bad thing? If I farm a certain area or own a certain crafting station, of course I'm gonna sell a lot of a certain item because that's what I have...

That fixes everything, and still avoids having listing fees.

It only fixes the problems you listed, which imo are not critical in the first place. The more pressing issues which are not addressed by your suggestions are: having an initial listing fee makes it more difficult for groups of people to play the market and overprice items, as without these taxes they do it risk-free. An initial listing fee creates a bigger monetary sink than end of transaction taxes. Not being able to cancel your sales is terrible if you made a mistake or if we're able to list our items for a longer period of time (let's say 30days).

• Content Creator

@Razvan said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

The more visited towns will generate a lot of money from crafting facilities anyway, so I don't think they should also have a marketplace fee that goes to the treasury as well since it will create too big of an economy boost compared to less visited towns.

Your thinking backwards though. You want to encourage towns to become commercial hubs and increase visitor traffic. Thus you want to reward such hubs with additional tax revenue and then these hubs reward their visitors with better tax rates when they reach certain volumes. If a town is small and out of the way, it might tax all items sold at say 2% (just throwing out numbers, not sure what rates will be) in order to make enough from their market to make it worth it, while the big metropolis with tons of visitors can get away with a .5% tax, because they have 10 times the traffic. 1/4 the tax, but 10 times the traffic equates to 2.5 x the profit, spread out amongst more people/individual sales

• @GamerSeuss
    The towns with good positioning will become commercial hubs regardless because more people will visit them, which means they already get an economic boost from their crafting facilities fees. A hardly accessible town can't compete with that regardless of how they tax. If you ever played Albion, think about the days when Caerleon was the BZ portal -> everyone was complaining about Caerleon mafia, yet everyone still traded and crafted there.
    We don't know everything about how powerful will the most expensive gear be in the release, how exactly sieges will work out or how the politics will pan out. The main reason why I don't want to boost the economies of these well-position towns is that if the sieges are tied to how powerful the economies are, they will steamroll and take over the other towns, or bully them into joining their alliance.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

can't compete with that regardless of how they tax. If you ever played Albion, think about the days when Caerleon was

Resistance is futile. All your base are belong to us.

Sorry.. just had to say that 😄

I am fine with having a listing fee up front, after all it takes money to put on an auction so there has to be some kind of guaranteed payment for the auctioneer and not just the local government.. A listing fee will also help keep junk off the market as the listing fee would be higher priced than the junk being sold. Still, I would prefer the listing fee to be kept as low as possible in order to generate money for those poor folks out in the boonies who only have junk to sell. Ahh... make the listing fee price based off the size of the town/city!! That would work... after all.. it does cost more to live in a big city than the country homestead, and that is also where the most traffic will be.. so its a win win! heavier listing fees in bigger more populated areas, and lower listing fees in far off - less populated areas.

so people want an infinite listing system, and dont see a problem. they also want to buy a single item from a stack of 500 (usually at a builk discount).

so you walk into walmart and open a pack of oreo just to eat one. now that container has to be thrown out because some idiot didn't buy the whole pack.

Hopefully they will put on a time limit on how long an item can remain on the auction as well. In order to reduce the amount of items on the auction. It could also be, that the items are forfeited to the town or game if the owner doesn't come to claim them within a certain amount of time as well. This would keep bringing people back just to collect their wares, though it will also probably keep people from auctioning items at places they don't travel to often. Which may or may not be a bad thing, as it will do its intention of reducing the items list.

As for the one item out of a stack, New World is doing that. Though maybe they could make it so the seller can choose to "sell as bulk only" or "allow bulk to be sold in units" which would cover both aspects.

I also dislike listing fees as well and prefer the fee coming from the sold item. I don't mind a limit of amount of items listed but I would like an option to easily relist my items for the same price I listed it. One thing I hated about SWG was having to gather all my items off the auction terminal that didn't sell only to spend all that time relisting them. A one button click to relist all items back onto the terminal is much appreciated. I would also like if items are able to be listed at least a week.

@Farlander

With us having to physically travel to the location, I would think the items should be able to stay on there for a month total before having to deal with them, with maybe staying up for auction for 2 weeks as well as a "re-auction non-sold items" option that will put them back one more time for another 2 weeks (1 month total).

@Ostaff This is what you hope or something devs have commented upon? I hope you are correct 🙂

@Farlander said in Coinage and Monster Gold Loot:

u hope or something devs have commented upon? I hope you are

Just something that I would think would be feasible. As far as I know, the devs have not made any comment in relation to this issue yet.

Farmers Markets are great. they allow locally built/raised things to be sold. but you have to pay a fee for your spot.

What I hate is coming to an AH, bidding on an item, and coming tomorrow, seeing player has canceled the post because he didnt like the amount the bid reached.

That has to be forbidden.

Once someone has placed a bit on your item, you should not have the right to cancel that post anymore.

If you don't want the risk of getting to low money, then DON'T PUT TOO LOW STARTING BID !

• @Gothix
    Hmm, that's how they said the marketplace will work? I thought it's just sell/buy orders, not an actual auction as you described.

said the marketplace will work? I thought it's just sell/buy orders,

Yeah, I hate system where you actually "have" to "bid" for anything.

I would like to see both options. As a buyer I like it when the price is listed and I'm able to get my item immediately. However, as a seller I like the option to put an item up for an auction to make sure I get the best price for my item. I usually only do auctions for items I'm either unsure about or it is an expensive rare item.

Problem with Fractured is that its designed around manual travel and no simple fast travel.

Also local marketplace.

With classic AH bidding system, local people who are sticking around would have unfair advantage because travelers will not wait wasting their time and bidding. They wish to continue moving.

Such system is incentivising sticking around the cities deincentivising travel, and unlike other games where you can simply teleport back to city to rebid, in Fractured you cant.

In Fractured you might even not return to thatcity anymore at all.

• @Gothix
    And you just described perfectly the reason why portal towns will be by default the trading hubs.

The reason why I dislike the auction system (the one with bids) is that you'll need to camp the market for the last few minutes because otherwise someone will outbid you by 1% or even 1 gold, plus often I'll want items instantly.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured