Identifying Items

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Would like to see some kind of 'trade' mechanic where a player can identify an item for someone for a fee without the owner requiring to trade the item. Would be a nice way for those focusing on magic and intelligence to make a little money on the side or help out guild mates. Just wondering what others thought on the matter!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I played a game where the blacksmith could cast repair on a player and choose an item in their inventory to repair, never having to take it from them.

Something similar for Identify would be great! Maybe even a booth you can set up akin to a player shop, where players can simply slot their item in and pay your fee to identify it.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I like the idea. It would be nice to have a mechanic like this, enchanting, identify, repair all of this could be done much safer. You could even have a work station where you would have to put all the required items (if items are needed) and the skilled tradesman would simply have to apply their skill. This trade station could also contain prepayment of either items or cash and once the tradesman uses their skill it completes the trade giving both their respective items.

@fibs Oooo! Didnt even think about a repairing mechanic, thats a good one! Yeah, I like the idea of the shop, the only area I can see that being a little bit abused is if you can just afk the shop and its automatically done. Dont think I would appreciate it that way.

@mazikar @FibS I think thats a great work around. That way you can afk, it just prompts you when you're back stating there are items for you to work with in your workbench. I like it! Enchanting too, thats a good addition. It makes being a trader/merchant much more expansive too.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mazikar said in Identifying Items:

I like the idea. It would be nice to have a mechanic like this, enchanting, identify, repair all of this could be done much safer. You could even have a work station where you would have to put all the required items (if items are needed) and the skilled tradesman would simply have to apply their skill. This trade station could also contain prepayment of either items or cash and once the tradesman uses their skill it completes the trade giving both their respective items.

Looks intresting ;). Hoping for cheap repairs

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi said in Identifying Items:

Would like to see some kind of 'trade' mechanic where a player can identify an item for someone for a fee without the owner requiring to trade the item. Would be a nice way for those focusing on magic and intelligence to make a little money on the side or help out guild mates. Just wondering what others thought on the matter!

This remember me the times of wow vanilla where mages were selling teleports

• TF#5 - LEGATE

It would be good to have a npc shop keeper that player crafters could hire. Also, it would be good if the shop keepers could set prices for typical items that people could sell to the store. It will be interesting if crafting services like repair or upgrades takes time.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Auction house usually is the place where players sell everything for players ;).
    Or.. do you think something like a black market where you can sell to npcs?

• TF#5 - LEGATE

I was thinking of players setting up individual shops and the owner could sell items or buy specific ones, such as crafting materials, from other players without the shop owner needing to be online or directly interacting with the other players. Like setting a list of things they are willing to buy with prices. I mean, crafters won’t really want to spend time waiting around for people to come buy or sell to them. Particularly if crafting is highly specialized.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Usually all MMO got a shop/market called AH (auction house) where you drop resources, items, everything that could be traded. You can choose the starting price or a buyout price ;). Obviusly you don't need to stay online and you will recive a mail with the money once you sell

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

I think this idea should be good if it doesn't consume much time. Should be something really fast to do.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

@finland Yes, i know. I can definitely see auction houses in big cities, but smaller towns or even roadside inns will need something different.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So something to spread the economy also outside the main/capital cities?

The problem is tha usually players will converge to the main cities. So we need something unic to motivate players using small/xroads towns

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Yeah, even things like outposts will still need a general store or blacksmith for repairs. Partly it depends on exactly how big the worlds are and how quickly people can travel.

Well the fact that teleportation is minimal will help towards people using smaller towns.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

i am all for OP. less use of npcs and more use of players doing stuff for each other is one of the best things for a sandbox game. i'm sure we'll see a lot of player made general help store kind of buildings if they are easy to have/exist when we see them on the next spotlight.

What about an escrow that holds the item to be repaired or identified? This way it's feels better taking off your gear to repair or handing the item over to be identified but the NPC has said item where the player can do their thing. Once done you pickup the item from the NPC then paying for it (or pre-pay but whatever).

This system could be extended to enchants or gems if gear is capable of having them.

The trade UI could have 3 main boxes. 1 input for the item to be repaired (using this as my example). the smith puts the price in. if both parties agree the gear and price is moved to the escrow npc with a value for the services. Once the smith is done they are paid and the gear is there until the player picks them up. For extra convenience, and a fee, the Escrow will send the player a message letting them know it's done.

This could allow the smith to be constantly repairing goods without the need to keep track of which gear belong to whom and there's not theft. If gear breaks while being repaired (unsure if it's possible) then the smith may get half or all of the funds (however it's setup).

This would give a much better RP or immersion for getting gear repaired.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

Assumming of course that gear needs to be repaired or enchanted. Its entirely possible that it can only be enchanted or otherwise enhanched during creation. Also, I don’t know if item durability is a confirmed thing yet

@morridin

odds are durability will be a thing in a pvp loot game. However, we might not get the chance to repair or we can repair but eventually it'll decay.

I'm intrigued on the enchant while crafting. I see two possibilities with that.

1. enchant while crafting grants 100% of the enchant bonus.
    2. enchant post craft grants 50% or 75% of the enchant bonus.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured