Identifying Items

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Enchantinting should be the same always otherwise none would enchant with a lower bonus. Second thing I hope to see a balanced repair bill not like Albion that was like 10% (of the price to buy it) every time you died.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland said in Identifying Items:

Enchantinting should be the same always otherwise none would enchant with a lower bonus. Second thing I hope to see a balanced repair bill not like Albion that was like 10% (of the price to buy it) every time you died.

you defend your people and loot is given out. you get a nice leather armor with +intel you're a melee and need +str. You use an enchant that gives you 75% of the total bonus to strength thus removing the +intell. Basically crafted gear will always be better than 'off the ground' gear.

for RP reasons it is said that enchanting weaves itself into the core of the material when crafting (or refining or other process) which pulls the most out of the enchant. whereas just trying to force an enchant on to an item doesn't get within the material.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@jetah There's no reason why not; swords are reforged into much stronger blades (usually after being broken once) all the time in mythology and fantasy, with probably the most famous being Gram, and a re-enchant would simply be part of such a reforge.

Maybe re-enchanting a weapon counts as upgrading it and takes Knowledge Points or w/e the crafting equivalent is.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah said in Identifying Items:

you defend your people and loot is given out. you get a nice leather armor with +intel you're a melee and need +str. You use an enchant that gives you 75% of the total bonus to strength thus removing the +intell. Basically crafted gear will always be better than 'off the ground' gear.

for RP reasons it is said that enchanting weaves itself into the core of the material when crafting (or refining or other process) which pulls the most out of the enchant. whereas just trying to force an enchant on to an item doesn't get within the material.

Dude there will be no loot. The only way to see equips around is to craft hem or loot from players 😉 I'm pretty sure they said it 😉 So I don0t see the point to have different enchant bonus

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@finland @Jetah Actually thats not true, there will be loot. Thats why identifying is a thing, it is require for any found loot. It just wont be as common as most mmo's or rpg's. That said they did point out that crafted gear will be stronger than anything found. My opinion on that is thats not my favourite way to implement that but I understand where they are coming from.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Nevermind. I don0t care about shit gear I usually run for the best. Dunno if everyone is like me ^^

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I tend to prefer a system where found loot, crafted loot, and raid loot each excel in a different aspect and only by having a crafter reforge all three together can you get a top-tier weapon that excels in every aspect.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@FibS Yeah I'm a PvE grinder player so I prefer kill stuff that drops the best equip.. anyway I think they are going for something like Crafted items will be the top tier 😉

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Dude there will be no loot. The only way to see equips around is to craft hem or loot from players 😉 I'm pretty sure they said it 😉 So I don0t see the point to have different enchant bonus

so you'll never kill a pvp person defending your peeps and take their gear?

@fibs said in Identifying Items:

@jetah There's no reason why not; swords are reforged into much stronger blades (usually after being broken once) all the time in mythology and fantasy, with probably the most famous being Gram, and a re-enchant would simply be part of such a reforge.

Maybe re-enchanting a weapon counts as upgrading it and takes Knowledge Points or w/e the crafting equivalent is.

reforge is crafting! I mentioned just changing a stat from intel to str via an enchant. How do you reforge leather or cloth?

Maybe we could simply change the enchant quickly and cheaply or you could reforge it (thus costing more) and add the enchant.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

reforge is crafting! I mentioned just changing a stat from intel to str via an enchant. How do you reforge leather or cloth?

Maybe we could simply change the enchant quickly and cheaply or you could reforge it (thus costing more) and add the enchant.

Reforging is more like leveling up an item, as opposed to crafting which is making a new item entirely.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Jetah I hope to avoid PvP mostly. I hope that defending my friends will be something like 1 time per month. If I have to PvP every day I'm not gonna play the game

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@miffi said in Identifying Items:

@mazikar @FibS I think thats a great work around. That way you can afk, it just prompts you when you're back stating there are items for you to work with in your workbench. I like it! Enchanting too, thats a good addition. It makes being a trader/merchant much more expansive too.

If you don't have a global AH ingame, an afk shop is great for the local market. Even for identifying or repair and even if it is fully automatic. Go back all the way to a main hub for repair or go to local guild settlement for that? Afk shops can't be in the openworld because of the risk of pk. Dunno how to deal with overflow of afk ppl in main hubs, maybe disable the option there.

@benseine

i've played games with afk shops and i don't like them. the area lags, there's no good way to advertise. and having to look at each shop isn't fun. it'd be better to have a website dedicated to being a market and let those meet up when a buyer wants something which would end up happening anyways.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine said in Identifying Items:

@mazikar @FibS I think thats a great work around. That way you can afk, it just prompts you when you're back stating there are items for you to work with in your workbench. I like it! Enchanting too, thats a good addition. It makes being a trader/merchant much more expansive too.

If you don't have a global AH ingame, an afk shop is great for the local market. Even for identifying or repair and even if it is fully automatic. Go back all the way to a main hub for repair or go to local guild settlement for that? Afk shops can't be in the openworld because of the risk of pk. Dunno how to deal with overflow of afk ppl in main hubs, maybe disable the option there.

What's an AFK shop?

@finland

it's where the player becomes a shop. the UI is setup so that in certain places when you hit escape or other means, you can place 5 or more items in a 'trade screen'. Then you set a price. your characters can emote something to grab attention that you are selling something.

you are logged in, and are usually afk.
    here's a video setting one up in Warframe

it's not well thought out but shows you how it's done.
    not all games allow you to walk around. Many force you to stay still.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Would like to see some kind of 'trade' mechanic where a player can identify an item for someone for a fee without the owner requiring to trade the item. Would be a nice way for those focusing on magic and intelligence to make a little money on the side or help out guild mates. Just wondering what others thought on the matter!

This reminds me of "The legendary moonlight sculptor". A lot of the points I've read regarding Fractured really remind of the manhwa.
    It'd be great if this and similar concepts could be introduced. It would tie in very nicely to the devs vision of a true player driven economy

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured