The Trees are Our Enemy

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

So, every time I try to fight an enemy under a tree the dang tree insists on joining the fight. Oh sure it has never actually hit back but it might as well have. When I suddenly begin chopping at that tree instead of swinging on my true opponent it can cause all kinds of problems.

I propose that in order to be able to chop trees or harvest plants we need to Tab-Click (or whatever button is clever.) This is not the same as Tab-Targeting as it is noncombat related. It simply means that during combat you can’t accidentally click on a tree or plant; the same would apply to running. (Yippee, the trees are friendly again! No more accidentally chopping trees in combat or stopping to pick up unwanted plants on a long run.) Just my $0.02

Best solution I've read yet, Tab target trees and plants +1 from me.

I like ideas that add quality of life 🙂

• Wiki Editor

F is a pretty common key for "interact with target".

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Either that or diminish the area to target the tree to trunks specific instead the whole crown of the trees... I was trying to run from a gang of monsters only to see my character select a tree to chop. Also, while shooting my mage staff it starts shooting trees?!?!?! Why? must be a bug.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

There is actually a "combat toggle mode" planned, where if you are in combat, then you won't be able to click on a tree and start picking branches instead. I believe the devs were trying to implement it earlier but haven't had the chance to do so yet.

• I get that this game is in alpha. But that is no excuse for not putting any though what so ever, into what you do. Clickable trees where people kill mobs! Especialy if you are a basic attack char. Or when you are just trying to run from mobs. Which you will need to. That this has been brought up months ago, and nothing seems to have been done about it, is ridicules

• Content Creator

@killergoldfish said in The Trees are Our Enemy:

I get that this game is in alpha. But that is no excuse for not putting any though what so ever, into what you do. Clickable trees where people kill mobs! Especialy if you are a basic attack char. Or when you are just trying to run from mobs. Which you will need to. That this has been brought up months ago, and nothing seems to have been done about it, is ridicules

Putting in thought isn't the same as implementing something during an Alpha.;...they need to prioritize things and decide what mechanics to hot fix during alphas, and what mechanics can wait for the QoL tweaks that are to come later. In between Alphas, they have more leeway, but still, every thing that they do takes time to code to some extent, and thus takes away from another project, and that's not even counting how interactions can cause a cascading affect on the devs time.

@GamerSeuss said in The Trees are Our Enemy:

Putting in thought isn't the same as implementing something during an Alpha.;...they need to prioritize things and decide what mechanics to hot fix during alphas, and what mechanics can wait for the QoL tweaks that are to come later. In between Alphas, they have more leeway, but still, every thing that they do takes time to code to some extent, and thus takes away from another project, and that's not even counting how interactions can cause a cascading affect on the devs time.

I do think they need to start heavily working on the QoL of the game however as the tests are getting tedious and will only become more so with more time-consuming mechanics and combat updates. The collision problem will be a very big factor in this next update since it is geared mostly toward combat so it definitely should be fixed.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

i suggest we should use Left-click for walk and attack only
    Shift + Lt click to force attack
    and Right-click interact with object

and tree hitbox is way too big. It don't need to include all leaves and branches.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured