GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@guduffra20 said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

I'm agree in parts with the topic owner.

In some countries the currencies are very devalued, I think the company should think about regions like USA, South America, Europe etc ... And add a different price for each region.

There are games that will launch like New world etc, from big studios, this game costs 5 times the most basic plan in my currency.

If you buy that game with dollars from Amazon or Steam and you use a credit card for example, you will pay the same price as any one else regardless what is value of your country's currency. If I buy that game with 50$ and a credit card company charge me 40€, it does not mean that I got it cheaper.. Or what is exactly your point?

But I really liked the graphics and the game idea. It looks like a promising pvp and pve.

Yes I agree, the game looks good and promising, and I have planned to buy it. Perhaps I will follow closely the upcoming beta test phase and make the purchase decision after that.

• @Tuoni said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

If you buy that game with dollars from Amazon or Steam and you use a credit card for example, you will pay the same price as any one else regardless what is value of your country's currency.

Steam has regional prices set by the developers. For example, here's a list of regional prices for New World and The Witcher 3.

@Razvan said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

@Tuoni said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

If you buy that game with dollars from Amazon or Steam and you use a credit card for example, you will pay the same price as any one else regardless what is value of your country's currency.

Steam has regional prices set by the developers. For example, here's a list of regional prices for New World and The Witcher 3.

Yes, but I was wondering what is the problem there? How on earth it is possible that someone needs to pay 5 times more from a game than others? I did not understand the point. Or is there so biased payment system in use that someone needs to pay basically 250$ of a 50$ game because of different currency..

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I just hope they do not go swtor route and stripe everything enjoyable.

• @Tuoni said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

Yes, but I was wondering what is the problem there? How on earth it is possible that someone needs to pay 5 times more from a game than others? I did not understand the point. Or is there so biased payment system in use that someone needs to pay basically 250$ of a 50$ game because of different currency.

Minimum wage in Ukraine is ~150€. Minimum wage in France is ~1500€. If you want to open your market to countries like Ukraine or Russia you can't sell the product at the same price you'd do in France.

@Razvan said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

Yes, but I was wondering what is the problem there? How on earth it is possible that someone needs to pay 5 times more from a game than others? I did not understand the point. Or is there so biased payment system in use that someone needs to pay basically 250$ of a 50$ game because of different currency.

Minimum wage in Ukraine is ~150€. Minimum wage in France is ~1500€. If you want to open your market to countries like Ukraine or Russia you can't sell the product at the same price you'd do in France.

Okay so we were speaking of avarage salaries and not actually the value of currency. Okay that confused me.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni Yes, even when adjusting for currency conversion, price is sometimes grossly inequal in different currencies.

South American countries are frequently shafted. Sometimes Australia is too.

@FibS Sure but the currency is not always the best where to compare because if we think only the Euro countries the average salaries varies a lot. In addition, a low value of currency is not a guaranty of low level salaries either like e.g. in Sweden or Norway. Therefore, from sales & marketing point of view it is better compare countries and their average salaries between each other rather than just the currencies.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Tuoni

I am very interested in the game, I noticed that they separated by access.

Here in Brazil the EURO currency is 5.90, that is, 1 real (Brazilian currency) is equivalent to 5.90.

The minimum wage in Brazil is 1200.00, thank god I have a much higher salary.

Imagine that I wanted to buy the most expensive package to have access to everything! it costs me 500 reais or half a minimum wage, do you think this is viable?

Therefore, the Brazilian audience is very large and dedicated to the games, even at Albion, which cost R $ 120.00 reais, I got an average package at the time (2015).

It's too expensive! Very expensive! for South Americans in general !!!

@guduffra20 Yes I understand that, I just got confused because the reference to currency and its value, because that is not a guaranty of low level salaries, depending of the country we are speaking of course. If we think of all the countries which uses euros (€), the average salaries in different countries varies a lot so they are in unequal position from the start. Moreover, yes it is reasonable to take account different local markets and offer discounts if that is possible.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

There was reason Albion had to go F2P. When the game released there was no content. There was insane population with queues and ZvZ was unplayable.
    The PvE content in open world full loot PvP game was very few dungeons that were controlled by big alliances. So one big alliance have 100 people inside the dungeon and zerging basicaly fighting for mobs and exp. It was so bad that regular Expeditions were giving more consistent XP/h which was still very bad.
    On top of that there was DDoS issues and even the biggest supporters of the game like myself quit in the first month.
    It took more than year before steam release when enough content was added to get me back playing. Then again there was DDoS and performance issues that drove everyone out. Forcing the F2P. Running MMO is not cheap you need constant income stream to pay for wages and upkeep and release content. B2P with premium subscription and when the population get too low go F2P is the current safest standard. If you go F2P from the start and you lose that population you have no move to get fresh population into your game.

@AcOrP I was also one of those players who quit very soon after the launch. The performance issues from DDOS and in general made too often the playing unpleasant experience. Gold seller owning the city plots and other bullshit pushed people out.

@AcOrP said in GO F2P LEARN FROM OTHER:

B2P with premium subscription and when the population get too low go F2P is the current safest standard. If you go F2P from the start and you lose that population you have no move to get fresh population into your game.

This is how I see it as well. I have to give credit to SBI that they handled this transition very well, at least if we measure the result with current popularity of the game.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@AcOrP I was also one of those players who quit very soon after the launch. The performance issues from DDOS and in general made too often the playing unpleasant experience. Gold seller owning the city plots and other bullshit pushed people out.

B2P with premium subscription and when the population get too low go F2P is the current safest standard. If you go F2P from the start and you lose that population you have no move to get fresh population into your game.

This is how I see it as well. I have to give credit to SBI that they handled this transition very well, at least if we measure the result with current popularity of the game.

I think the popularity is due to the fact that game got somewhat enough content to be called a game.
    I've also owned plots and most people overrate the city plot owning business, It was only profitable if there was cartel agreement or monopoly, otherwise prices were dumped to point where you lose money on food.

I think the popularity is due to the fact that game got somewhat enough content to be called a game.

True, and I guess that new Outland concept whas also more than welcome.

I've also owned plots and most people overrate the city plot owning business, It was only profitable if there was cartel agreement or monopoly, otherwise prices were dumped to point where you lose money on food.

I do not know what is the situation of plots at the moment (from profitable point of view) but from consumer pov prices are kind of twofold, others are around ~ 10% and some around ~ 50% and the middle ground is kind of missing.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured