What's your main gonna be?

• @Mudz said in What's your main gonna be?:

Chadra martial artist I think to go unarmed and focus on harvesting and crafting other than that.

Usually, in this kind of games gatherers go for high mobility and CC resistance builds. Unless you play on Arboreus, where there won't be pvp but also resources will be cheap and it will be harder to find unharvested nodes, you should probably unlock a high mobility build to escape gankers.

-> Frontline discussion
    In my opinion, CHA isn't the most important stat for a frontline character. @PeachMcD posted this table with what each stats gives: https://forum.fracturedmmo.com/assets/uploads/files/1564087621096-fracturedstats.jpg

• Still watching how everything develops, but disregarding that it'd be a nightblade and druid mix. Limited damage but lots of debuff skills/spells to help my tank and dps builds gain the upper hand and they won't have to worry as much about me getting hit thanks to an evasion skill or two. When things get real bad I'll have the AoE, healing, and/or buff spells to pull us out of trouble

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't know - and I think that's part of the fun.

Typically in these types of games I get started with a crafter or a warrior class to build up currency to get a house - Fractured doesn't have that type of system, so...

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Corben Crafting will not be a major part of the game, but I'm pretty sure a warrior will still have the easiest time building a house. Your carrying capacity will be higher (assuming furniture items continue to require inventory items and not just large items) and you will be better-able to clear most enemies out from around your plot / each resource node, or better survive them while ignoring them in your handcart-driven craze.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Actually, I would say that crafting has a key role in Fractured like it has in sandbox MMOs in general and games which have player-driven economy.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni The act of crafting, yes. The progression of crafting, no.

So far as I'm aware there is no "crafting EXP" or upgrade to your abilities as a crafter, other than by obtaining better materials through improving yourself as a combatant.

@FibS said in What's your main gonna be?:

@Tuoni The act of crafting, yes. The progression of crafting, no.

So far as I'm aware there is no "crafting EXP" or upgrade to your abilities as a crafter, other than by obtaining better materials through improving yourself as a combatant.

So far there is not much to craft but Prometheus has talked about advanced crafting and how those players who are interested of professions should live near a city where will be better crafting stations than what players can have in their own house plots. However, I am a little bit concerned how shallow the crafting progression and tier system is going to be. If there is not much to achieve or progress I guess then the markets are going to be quite poor and content for crafters somewhat narrow.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@Tuoni I think the entire game is going to essentially be a guild wars thing - not only will each planet have different resources, but so will each biome. Influential guilds will fight to control key resource spots.

I'm not sure how this will work on Arboreus which disavows PVP, unless it has a bidding system similar to ESO.

• using the point scores from "feature spotlight 5 character creation"
    i think making a human with - 18 strength- 18 dexterity- 15 intelligence- 10 constitution- 15 perception- 10 charisma- using light armor could be a really strong build you have alot of good stats with the ability to put a wide degree of knowledge to use hopefully having the extra ability slots to outplay people using low cooldowns decent crits and a mix of cc/escape/stealth to fight on your terms as much as possible

a variation of this build could be - 15 str - 15 dex - 18 int - 18 con - 10per - 10 cha - making a paladin style build good caster with great life good endurance good evasion

humans are very well rounded and possibly the best race just based on attribute points, in my opinion, giving strong well rounded guys but a blood demon fully maxed towards magical/psychic damage - 10 str- 10 dex - 21 int - 10 con - 6 per - 21 cha - depending on what will hurt each target more int and cha max giving them a great chance to beat resistances and on top of that a "significant boost to luck" because of over 20 charisma to make giving you even more of an edge when it comes to applying effects potentially if well protected i can see a couple of these bursting people down in group fights wish there was somewhere with a complete upto date skill list so i could add more reality to my dreams... they would also be the most powerful necromancers because they have both max charisma and max int 😄 hmmmmm necro bard sounds fun summon creatures then fuck with people using musicianship

• @FibS said in What's your main gonna be?:

If I understand correctly, luck affects gathering yield and crafting (quality ?!). CHA is the only stat that gives luck but all in all it's not terribly important for all the classes to max it up. Then the talent system might add some crafting bonuses. Dedicated crafters will be a thing, but at this point, they will be just alt slaves. I hope the devs will find a viable solution to enable crafting mains able to generate income. I have a solution in mind, but I have a feeling most people would dislike it.

I think the entire game is going to essentially be a guild wars thing - not only will each planet have different resources, but so will each biome. Influential guilds will fight to control key resource spots.

The alliances have no limits, so from a political point of view I'm quite certain it will end up like Albion where each region is controlled by 2-3 huge alliances. As a member of such an alliance, walking on your home territory is most of the time just as safe as walking in Arboreus. For this reason I hope they will limit the alliance size.

I'm not sure how this will work on Arboreus which disavows PVP, unless it has a bidding system similar to ESO.

From my understanding, Arboreus will still have sieges. Controlling a region there seems pointless because since PVP is mostly not enabled, you can't dispute farming or gathering spots.

@NeroulGB Characters get extra buffs when they reach 20 in a certain stat. If you want to minmax (especially for frontliners and mages), the other races are better than humans thanks to their affinities. Also, perception seems to be quite an important stat for DD.

@FibS said in What's your main gonna be?:

@Tuoni I think the entire game is going to essentially be a guild wars thing - not only will each planet have different resources, but so will each biome. Influential guilds will fight to control key resource spots.

Perhaps the "PvP" could be done via PvE? Guilds could compete each other with gathering, crafting or killing certain mobs and bosses and that way earn the control of a hot spot.

• DymStudios - CEO

• High DEX+PER+INT Shadow Demon focused on Illusionism + Assassination - the mage rogue I'd like to play but will never be actually good at playing.
    • High STR+CON+CHA Human focused on Warfare - the tanky paladin I'll actually play.

• @Razvan yea i took the bonuses into consideration but humans can have 3 stats at 18 and the other 3 at 10 so with talent perks they will be able to possibly 3 stats at 20 with none under 10 (i want to play demon the most or maybe criminal human we will see lol)

also does perceptions crit values and accuracy work with magical spells? i thought it would be a good stat so i wouldn't be as vulnerable to stealth attacks but in a group setting I think the little bit of survivability from con will be helpful ( not sure what you meant by DD maybe Blood Demon? )

a concept i have been thinking about is making human Assasin with 18 dex 18 per 15 int 15 cha 10 str 10 con scour the lands for the best skills/magic for murdering the unaware get a house where the poison grows then Achieve ninja status 😛

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured