Passive Wisps

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Running around in Heartwood with a mage. It seems that wisps only aggro around 10% of the time when coming in range of my character, and if my character attacks first, the wisp does not attack back.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Also, once attacked, wisps freeze in place, making them very easy to snipe with, e.g. magic missile without taking damage.

• Wiki Editor

They should aggro you at a relative long distance.
    At least they did for me mostly and started mostly with the annoying stun.

But i noticed also sometimes inmobile Wisps, same as other animals, who did not attack me. even i was very close.

Very interesting situation i had with this one.
    I was standing a good while at this Waterfall and the Deers came into my sight.
    After i continued walking to them, i could walk almost in front of them, before they started to run away.
    alt text

However, i did not find any regular behaviour, to spot that aggroing issue.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

As for Wisps I am pretty sure they stop moving / working when you pull them to their aggro range so they reset. Could also be possible that you need to attack them while they move back. With only the starter magic skills and magic missiles? you can´t solo kill a Wisp after all 🙂 (strongest mob in game confirmed).

Next thing about Heartwood is that the aggro range of the mobs is lower than a mages auto attack range so... you can easily pull the mobs and kill them 1o1. I think Wisps don´t aggro on auto attacks because they just dodge them.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

@Eurav said in Passive Wisps:

As for Wisps I am pretty sure they stop moving / working when you pull them to their aggro range so they reset. Could also be possible that you need to attack them while they move back. With only the starter magic skills and magic missiles? you can´t solo kill a Wisp after all 🙂 (strongest mob in game confirmed).

I solo'd to 100% Wisp knowledge without any issue using magic missile and the skills that I learned from the wisps. Only about 10% of the wisps attacked me.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@Huntsmaster said in Passive Wisps:

I solo'd to 100% Wisp knowledge without any issue using magic missile and the skills that I learned from the wisps. Only about 10% of the wisps attacked me.

Hey, I've just gotten back to the game after a long time away from the forums.

Just put a house together, but there happens to be a wisp spawn near my house. No biggie, but frustrating.

Having trouble with the wisp, and I'm playing a mage. How'd you do it? I can beat wolves, sprouts and treants 1v1. But I can't do the wisps, can't break their mage shield + heal tank.

• DymStudios - CEO

@Huntsmaster was this happening on a specific day only or all the time? Is it only with wisps?

@KairosVal please open a new thread for questions/discussions in the proper sections, the bug report section is only for... bug reports! 🙂 Thanks!

• DymStudios - CEO

Fixed in va221c

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured