What are you playing until release?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I sure hope the people I've made friends with in legends of aria realize that I'm out the day alpha starts here 🙂

Archeage

Ashes of Creation when its up

I've followed Ashes since it's been online basically. I have hope for it 🙂

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

ashes won't be lifting off the ground

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Neverwinter nights 2.

• Albion Online, it's come a very long way

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Ashes of Creation testing when it is running.

@aspneves

I'm pretty sure it will lift off the ground.

Probably not in 2019 like planned, but who knows, the owner did seem to get 6 new employees hired with start dates in the first week of Jan. That takes them up to 58 (although I'm still waiting for the other 22 staff pictures on the website)

There are 5 more hired for start dates soon after that.

If they get the connection issue fixed, then they can get their BR and their Castle Siege Modes rolling out the door.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Bouncing around on MHW, HotS, HS, Hollow Knight (I've to fight the 5th Pantheon of Gods&Glory) and Deep Rock Galactic.
    Also sometimes I spend few days on playing again Baldur's Gate I & II Enhanced Edition.

I followed up on Ashes for quite a while. But I gave up when I saw they are making it a PvE game, severely punishing any PvPer that attacks someone who doesn't want to fight back, by getting his geared (that is hard to come by) completely destroyed, and other punishments including, him not being able to even defend himself anymore because his stats getting reduced more and more, and if anyone attacks him further, not even being allowed to try to defend yourself without getting even more negative effects on you.

It's a complete BS them calling that game a PvP game. It's simply a carefully planned con to try to draw unaware PvP players to cash in to.

I told them no ty, and I left, and never looked back.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Ultima Online and still some fighting game on PC, Cant wait for the release of the game !

Will mostly be on HoTs when I have time. All winter break I played WoW a lot, but that'll be gone once I head back to school. Also quit OSRS a few weeks ago 😕

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I have little free time, and was really lucky with [last/current] year's [Christmas/birthday] presents and some high-quality promotional giveaways, so I've got a couple of really great games in the backburner...
    SUPERHOT, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, Darkest Dungeon with all DLCs, Wizardry 8, Shadowrun: Hong Kong
    ...as well as some minor curiosities that will gather dust because I have so little time...
    Outcast: Second Contact, demo for Particle Fleet, demo for Deltarune
    ...but right now I'm playing...

A Diablo-but-for-people-who-hate-Diablo with surprisingly high production values, great atmosphere, and gameplay balanced at just about my level that pushes you to really engage with most loadouts.

Into the Breach

A minimalistic turn-based strategy with UI/UX smoother than velvet with an enormous heap of innovation, gameplay variety, replay value, hard-but-fair-ness. Seriously, it's the game of the year 2018 for at least 3 outlets, and I can wholeheartedly agree it's deserved.

Creeper World 3

(And possibly Creeper World 4: Now with 3D and Actual Waves, whenever this comes out?) Because I'll always come back to the game series about building energy grid so you can shoot at world-devouring jam kissel pudding.

Defender's Quest 2

...if it comes out before Fractured (no pressure, Lars 😉 ).

@zidroc said in What are you playing until release?:

Will mostly be on HoTs when I have time. All winter break I played WoW a lot, but that'll be gone once I head back to school. Also quit OSRS a few weeks ago 😕

Heroes of the Storm, right? They say that the in-game community recovered from - or maybe rather wasn't affected by - the shock of Blizzard's December announcement about killing off HGC and reducing dev team size, and the queue size is alright. Is that true?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jahlon eh actually, I've been following AoC for quite a while and from their BR mode, apocalypse, I personally don't think they'll get it released (or maybe released with a very bumpy delay like AoC: A) in 2019. As for fan base for AoC you can definitely tell there are genuine players interested in the game and also fanboys that will support it no matter what (like any other game of course), but a lot of people are starting to see AoC for what it is and less people seem interested. Some are either turned off by the direction the game has been moving towards, some have pointed out apocalypse is a pretty big cash grab (considering they even shut down the BR mode) while selling cosmetics (that are mostly dyed versions of other cosmetics - which is confirmed can be dyed in the actual MMORPG => people are just buying a red, blue, yellow of same costume that can be dyed anyways to the other colors). Some simply have a feeling of what the game plays out to be (expectation vs reality). While the hype train is definitely still there, I personally think AoC is DEFINITELY an overhyped game but definitely has enough potential to be a popular game.

Personally, I have played the BR mode when it is available. I think AoC is quite a nice game for a game that is still alpha. Things are pretty smooth if you have a good pc, but honestly, the optimization is shittier than you would expect even in an alpha game (yeah its horribly optimized for sure so if you are on the hype train for this game you better have a good pc).

I guess: TL;DR: AoC's "lift off" kind of depends on how much you consider it to be a lift off. Will it soar to rank 1? Don't think so. Will it be a decent/good game for a lot of people? Definitely.

Diablo lll and Pokemon TCG. ✌

@Dragomok Yeah, it went over like a rough wave. The community is pretty stable at this point, but the que's have always been pretty bad. I haven't played in a bit, but I'll be getting back on pretty soon to see how everythings going.

• Albion Online, legends of Aria.

@saintarthiel

How is Legends of Aria?

• Wiki Editor

Started right now with Epistory and figured it is a very interesting game.
    Also it is developed with Unity i saw.
    Good reference, what is possible with it. 🙂

• Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, PokerStars, and... I don't have time to play anything else 😥 If I could then I would play Battle for Wesnoth, Smash Ultimate, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Wargroove, and Rogue Empire.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured