Best Budget 144hz 24'' 1ms Gaming Monitor

• Seems really hard to find a good monitor between 200-300$ that dont have big problems in tearing or black\shadows or.. too much brighter ecc..
    I would need help finding a valid gaming monitor, these three seems the more "sponsored" all around, what you think is best? Its ok going outside this list too:

• ViewSonic XG2402

• Acer GN246HL

• ASUS VG248QE

• Wiki Editor

I am using an iiyama PL2792Q and i am quite happy with it.
    It was a bit over 300 €, but worth every cent.

Not sure about following products, but i am sure, there are some similar out there.

• @kralith said in Best Budget 144hz 24'' 1ms Gaming Monitor:

PL2792Q

Seems a good IPS monitor with strong colors and have eye care tech but unlucky i have to go on the 144hz ones that usualy in economic band are terrible as representing colors or at taking care about your eyes, thats why i was looking to some feedback that aren't paid..

• Wiki Editor

@00 oops, i was overseen the 144Hz needs. Sorry πŸ™‚

• @kralith For this time Kralith you are forgiven πŸ™…

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@00 said in Best Budget 144hz 24'' 1ms Gaming Monitor:

i have to go on the 144hz ones

Why? I'm not criticizing just curious. I know that they're much better then 75 πŸ˜‰ but if you're on budget then you can get 75 one for half the price.

• @tulukaruk thats pretty much why:

There are many options for the 144hz range between 200 and 300 but some are really outdated, and monitors from 2012 are still on the same price as the 2018 ones but maybe lack about display port ecc. I was looking to some direct feedback from the community because this sort of market is pretty obscured by someone that is paid to left fake review here and there πŸ˜• Really hard to find some objective review about monitors because everyone have them is not like graphics cards that have their market between nvidia and amd..

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@00

I liked Toms Hardware Guide in earlier days, but haven't followed them for a while, so I'm not sure if they are still objective.
    But they have nice forums, with lots of user comments so you can check around their forums a bit.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3755379/144hz-gaming-monitor.html

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@00 said in Best Budget 144hz 24'' 1ms Gaming Monitor:

@tulukaruk thats pretty much why:

That video is really convincing for me... thet there is no difference really πŸ˜‰ A bit smoother animation isn't really that important πŸ˜›
    I've seen some gfx bugs when they were advertising G-sync and free-sync and that might be a good reason to get one of them (with 144). Just my opinion πŸ™‚

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@00

Check out this!
    Acer XF240H

• @agracore from the reviews seems a bit lack of material quality.. I think i will wait black friday to check if ViewSonic XG2402 or AOC G2460P will go a bit down.. btw glad to see you around again πŸ‘

• TF#10 - CONSUL

144 hz is the new stuff, all the lower cost monitors either have faded colors or some other problem. Your best monitor in the group is probably this one:

https://www.amazon.com/PG278QR-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01M4II4M4/ref=sr_1_1?tag=monitnerds-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1524500829&sr=8-1&keywords=PG278QR&th=1

That's on sale at $400 right now, but might come down with black friday a little more. The 144+Hz monitors are very new, though, so who knows.

• @jairone Well many of the 144hz are around from the 2013 at this point, and as i said the best seller on amazon the ASUS VG248QE is very old and im surprised that is still the most selled. In 5 years something about blacks and colors must have changed a bit even for the TN category.. i will check your monitor anyway thanks. G-sync would be cool but is like the cost of an extra monitor and with my 750ti i cant use it 100%. If on black friday or on other discount i can find a 1060 too i will take it if my alimentator can hold it 😞

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@00 Yeah, with a 750ti you likely aren't really getting much with one of these monitors anyway. The more resolution you pump out the harder it is on the components in your system. AKA, your graphics card has to handle an extra so many pixels per image, thus it will run harder and may have issues with lag. The same applies to refresh rate.

You'd be getting a double whammy on it, where it likely isn't worth anything to get such a monitor, and you'd be just as well off with a bigger TV. In fact, you'd likely spend less money pretty easily there.

And yes, the one I linked is newer and has higher contrast ratios (thus better blacks and whites) which makes a huge difference in color quality. They may have been around for a while, but the newest ones actually have options to go above 144hz. Sadly, the good ones tend to add that, which drives costs back up. 😞

Anyway, hope this discussion and all helps you!

• @jairone Yea your monitor is definitely to have on radar, if not much change i will probably switching gpu too, so:
    i take a rx 580 +free sync monitor or.. if some big discount happen i will take a g-sync monitor and a gtx 1060\1070..

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@00 rx 580 should be about the same price as 1060 but free-sync monitor should be cheaper then g-sync. And seeing what Nvidia does last days I vote AMD πŸ˜‰

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@tulukaruk said in Best Budget 144hz 24'' 1ms Gaming Monitor:

@00 rx 580 should be about the same price as 1060 but free-sync monitor should be cheaper then g-sync. And seeing what Nvidia does last days I vote AMD

Haven't had any crazy problems with my AMD card to boot. I know they sometimes get a reputation for being more problem prone, but that doesn't seem to be the case lately. So yeah. Better price and all that.

Besides needing to potentially tweak the voltage if you want to get the most out of an AMD card. For whatever reason they always pump too much juice into them.

• Friend. I am a student and obvious an avid gamer. Due to tight budget, I can’t afford expensive gaming monitor. That is why I have bought AOC Q2778VQE no doubt it is powerful enough to play games and using the software. The best part about AOC Q2778VQE is its width of about 27". Its price about $257.09

Actually I have bought AOC Q2778VQE after reading this in-depth analysis of AOC Q2778VQE.

https://www.reviewsed.com/aoc-q2778vqe-review/

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I've never had an issue with mine, but it's getting kind of old now I guess.

Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" Gaming G-SYNC Compatible Monitor 1920 x 1080, 144hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time with Height, Pivot, Swivel & Tilt

• after this topic i bought an AOC G2590PX 24.5" 144Hz, and im ok with what i have. Anyway the things remain the same, if you want cool colors you go isp 60\75hz, if you want quick reactions you put in first spot that and in the second one color, so you look to a 240\144hz monitor.

Yours seems an hybrid TN 1ms, from what i read colors are not that bad but still you are in the middle of a monitor for gaming\fps and good quality colors. For me the decision was more imprinted on getting max fps. Seems ok for me anyway, if you dont play fornite\csgo\lol 60hz are enought for mmorpg.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured