What you think about vaping?

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

What you think about vaping? Why you chose vaping and what use for this?

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I presume, and may be wrong, that vaping was developed as a transitional activity to help tobacco smokers quit - the mechanics of this being a complex subject I feel is best for for another topic.

For that purpose I think it's a wonderful invention.

However, because of its perceived relative safety, it's reignited the "it's kool to do it" nonsense among children and immature adults that tobacco smoking originally did, and that's just stupid.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

It's just a conspiracy to give a "healthy" alternative for smokers.
    But long term effects of vaping has yet to be researched.

In my opinion, it's just as bad. You are still breathing in stuff that is not supposed to be in your lungs.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

Mostly annoying, in my experience. Smokers usually at least leave the room before they smoke, vapers pull the "It's healthy" card and blow it into your face until you threaten physical violence.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

I don't think about it. it stinks. it smells different then cigarettes or pipes or cigars. it even smells worse with all the stinky smelly weird …. yuk.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@fibs said in What you think about vaping?:

However, because of its perceived relative safety, it's reignited the "it's kool to do it" nonsense among children and immature adults that tobacco smoking originally did, and that's just stupid.

@evolgrinz said in What you think about vaping?:

In my opinion, it's just as bad. You are still breathing in stuff that is not supposed to be in your lungs.

@francorider said in What you think about vaping?:

Mostly annoying, in my experience. Smokers usually at least leave the room before they smoke, vapers pull the "It's healthy" card and blow it into your face until you threaten physical violence.

@dordolio said in What you think about vaping?:

I don't think about it. it stinks. it smells different then cigarettes or pipes or cigars. it even smells worse with all the stinky smelly weird …. yuk.

Did... did I just find an echo-chamber that echoes my opinion on vaping? I- I am so happy right now. T_T

Okay, but seriously, I'd kind of prefer if people vaped instead of smoking, because the smell of burnt tobacco:

• is hitting me right in my autistic hypersensitivity, and it's literally the worst, most horrible smell in the world, and is basically painful,
    • makes my throat hurt,
    • is goddamn freaking intense and travels an absurd goddamn distance.

But unfortunately, despite most establishment updating their anti-smoking policy to forbid vaping, a lot of vapers (including LITERAL CHILDREN) in Poland still think it's totally okay to inhale their mist-based (ie. easily absorbed?), addictive, psychoactive, legal drugs in closed spaces where there are other people, and that's even worse.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Ummm that's a hard question to answer...

I think Vaping is dumb just as smoking...

Everytime I see "Cigars" "cigarettes" or "Vape" I hear (Cancer).

Everytime I see someone doing any of this, I try to get away from it and hear their lungs crying out for help...

Obviously the choice is up to the person but perhaps in the future "Vape" won't be such a bad thing and there will be some actual added health benefits to vape instead of just bad stuff that is a waste of money...

But hey in the end, we're all slaves to the system, just a different type of slavery, and the FDA doesn't even care when it comes to passing new medical devices in the name of greed if you seen the documentary called the bleeding edge...

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

You can control what you put in your vape - you don't control what goes into tobacco.

As I understand it, you can even put water in the thing and vape steam. I highly doubt this is as harmful as a typical cigarette

You can control what you put in your vape - you don't control what goes into tobacco.

As I understand it, you can even put water in the thing and vape steam. I highly doubt this is as harmful as a typical cigarette

Vape Steam? Sure, if you want to burn your lungs and airways. You know Steam is at least 100°C right?
    Vape juice is made from the same stuff that is used for stage smoke and gives that lung kick smokers like to get.
    The biggest problem comes from the fact that flavors are not regulated by the FDA, so you have no clue what you are actually smoking when buying vape juice, because producers can put whatever they want in it.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Vape Steam? Sure, if you want to burn your lungs and airways. You know Steam is at least 100°C right?

Have you ever been burned by the steam coming off of a bowl of soup? I haven't.

You're using the stricter sense of "steam" which arbitrarily requires the water to be above boiling temperature, as opposed to the commonly understood definition as any form of water droplets or vapor suspended in air (which does not need to be anywhere near boiling temperature.)

An easy way to tell the difference - the former is invisible and the latter is not.

Vape juice is made from the same stuff that is used for stage smoke and gives that lung kick smokers like to get.
    The biggest problem comes from the fact that flavors are not regulated by the FDA, so you have no clue what you are actually smoking when buying vape juice, because producers can put whatever they want in it.

Then do what most people do and create your own, the same way that smokers often roll their own cigarettes so they can skip all the rat poison.

Buddy of ours was vaping.

Suddenly he started to turn an odd shade of blue around the lips as cyanosis set in, luckily he was in a room full of military medics.

Get him to the hospital and his lungs were full of vapor of some shit that they couldn't believe was in the juice.

Took him about 2 years to get strong enough to be able to walk again.

Not saying not to do it, just saying be careful where you get your stuff.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

[...] You're using the stricter sense of "steam" which arbitrarily requires the water to be above boiling temperature, as opposed to the commonly understood definition as any form of water droplets or vapor suspended in air (which does not need to be anywhere near boiling temperature.)

I think the word we're looking for here is "vapour".

@jahlon said in What you think about vaping?:

Suddenly he started to turn an odd shade of blue around the lips as cyanosis set in, luckily he was in a room full of military medics.

Get him to the hospital and his lungs were full of vapor of some shit that they couldn't believe was in the juice.

On the one hand, it sounds like an urban legend. On the other hand, I can totally see this happening.

Did your buddy tried to take a legal action against the e-cig's manufacturer and/or e-liquid producer? I mean, this definitely is grievous harm to the body.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@dragomok said in What you think about vaping?:

I think you should stop splitting hairs and accept that 1. the mist coming off of hot food is called steam by basically every single person on Earth and 2. this tangent has nothing to do with the topic or any substance of my argument whatsoever.

@dragomok

@dragomok said in What you think about vaping?:

[...] You're using the stricter sense of "steam" which arbitrarily requires the water to be above boiling temperature, as opposed to the commonly understood definition as any form of water droplets or vapor suspended in air (which does not need to be anywhere near boiling temperature.)

@jahlon said in What you think about vaping?:

On the one hand, it sounds like an urban legend. On the other hand, I can totally see this happening.

Did your buddy tried to take a legal action against the e-cig's manufacturer and/or e-liquid producer? I mean, this definitely is grievous harm to the body.

Ok, sorry I posted something and I mixed a few things up in my head.

My military friend, I'm not sure what he did as far as far as suing. Lost track of him after he went back home and there was still mission to do. I'm sure he got taken care of by the military, but you know what, I should go hunt him down.

The other thing that I had posted from another guy I knew from Archeage who had the same issue. I won't even try to tell his story, I'll let him do it: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?274491-Salphiran-player-in-trouble&p=2343315&viewfull=1#post2343315

Some people doubt his story, but first post on page 1 of that thread is his go fund me and stuff. Urban legend maybe, but he seemed pretty sincere.

Anyone against vaping hasn't tried it. It's great. Watching the smoke roll out of you is a feeling unlike any other. The effects are essentially the same as caffeine. So if you're drinking coffee, you're taking just as big a risk as a vaper.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Stinks. Wastes money on something I don't really care about. Some people think it looks cool, but the effect is really less than awe inspiring.

The chemicals involved in most offerings are also NOT on the level of caffeine. It is Nicotine which is roughly comparable including in terms of addiction. Vapor offerings have far more than just caffeine or nicotine on average (although it might be possible to just use liquid forms of those). Still nothing all that exciting, though.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@jairone said in What you think about vaping?:

Stinks. Wastes money on something I don't really care about. Some people think it looks cool, but the effect is really less than awe inspiring.

The chemicals involved in most offerings are also NOT on the level of caffeine. It is Nicotine which is roughly comparable including in terms of addiction. Vapor offerings have far more than just caffeine or nicotine on average (although it might be possible to just use liquid forms of those). Still nothing all that exciting, though.

Caffeine is not nearly as addictive as nicotine, believe me. If you're a caffeine addict like me and you don't get your dose you get tired, maybe exhausted but you don't feel like you're going insane. It makes you go out for a smoke when it's pouring rain or blazing hot, it makes you desperately look for a convenience store at 4AM just to spend 10$ that you spend every single day without even realizing that if you had saved them in your piggy-box instead you could have been on an airplane right now on a way to a long vacation or could have pledged legend on Fractured KS. Still let me tell you something - if you decide to quit you go through ~3 weeks of hell but then it's gone, at least as far as nicotine is concerned. Well, what are 3 weeks compared to decades?
    Anyway the real problem is that as addictive as it is, nicotine is not the only or even the most addictive thing in cigarettes - the most addictive thing is the habit - you may not have any trace of nicotine left in you but next time you find yourself extremely bored or pissed off you suddenly don't know what to do with yourself.
    As far as vaping is concerned - virtually everyone agrees on two things: (1) it's really bad for you but (2) smoking is way worse. It's only "recommended" for people who would not have been able to give up on cigarettes at all if it weren't for that. I do want to mention that since the habit is way more addictive than nicotine, I think that vapes with zero nicotine will be more effective in keeping people off regular cigarettes than patches.
    Still there's always the risk that vaping may attract teenagers who wouldn't smoke otherwise and obviously the fact that smoking is worse does not mean that vaping is not bad so we can't allow people to vape in non-smoking areas (unless we just do what they do in Japan and cut the smoking area in half and turn one half into vaping-only area).

It's simple really.
    Vaping isn't as unhealthy as smoking, but that doesn't automatically mean it's healthy.

As if some burning chemicals leavibg smoke in your lungs could be healthy 😄

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

It's safer and cheaper than regular smoking, which is good.

It's still bad for your health though. But then again, so is most of what makes life worth living.

Biggest downside is that it does make the user come across like a bit of an edgelord to non-vapers.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured