Gender of Heroes

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I thought this thread died out a while ago. Ain't that a pleasent suprise.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Please, no female armour that leave's most of their bodies naked. If someone wants to play a half naked female, let them play without armour.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I always play males. My biggest pet peeve is when male characters don't have butts. Second biggest is when female armor is super revealing but males don't even get to show off those pecs. Let me pimp out my demonic beefcakes gosh dernit! oOo

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@therippyone said in Gender of Heroes:

@trelia I once had a newbie I was assisting/getting acclimated ask if I was a grandparent - because I typed in complete sentences. XD

Ok that is funny too. 🙂 Thank you for sharing it. It put a smile on my face.

@mewmew said in Gender of Heroes:

@jetah said in Gender of Heroes:

@fibs
    deer taste pretty good. deer jerky is delicious.

i just don't like the whole 'gender' thing being thrown in my face. it's a video game. gender doesn't change performance.

It very much does change the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people. Being a female, I really don't relate to male characters that well.

If I'm playing the story of someone else, a game about a specific person, I could care less. That is their story that I'm experiencing. I love stories, and if it happens to be about a specific male or female or other, I'm completely happy experiencing the story through their eyes.

If I'm playing an online game with a character that is representing "me" - a character that I either get into the role as playing or simply just the character I am building the story and life for - I relate far more and get much more enjoyment out of playing a female character.

Feminine or masculine characteristics are something you can see. They absolutely do have a gender one way or the other (and yes, there is gender neutral as well).

This also was a simple playful question someone was messing around with just asking people which they'll choose. There was no reason for hostility levels to increase or debates to ensue! 🐱

I said gender doesn't change performance in a game. what you wrote is all "feelings" unrelated to your characters performance.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I said gender doesn't change performance in a game. what you wrote is all "feelings" unrelated to your characters performance.

Did a transgender steal your lunch money as a kid or something? You're making a problem where there isn't one.

@fibs
    I was pointing out that the reply was about feelings but my comment was about performance. which are different.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@muker ugh

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Probably just a male character to start. Depending on the game play outside of combat roles I may make more.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jozef If I remind correctly, there will be not this kind of armor ^^

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

And yet my feelings do affect my performance, how I feel and react to things and am able to play. Sure, it very much is happening within me and not within the game, but it ends up affecting my ability to put my all into a game or not really care that much what happens to my character. It may be mental, but it very much does affect my own play performance still.

We do have genders in the game, so it's not as if we're deciding one way or the other. I still don't get where the hostility came from to begin with, I guess those are just "feelings" coming out 👅 It may not have an effect on your own play one way or the other, but it does for others! It super matters for a great many of us.

Anyway if we want to start a different topic to debate this stuff from here on out I'm all for it, but in this fun light hearted topic I am not going to reply to things in this tone anymore as it's actually a bit off subject for what the OP was doing here and I'd like to see this stay light and happy and not go down that road towards topic locking 😺

Your replies are your own obviously and I don't control them, just saying for me I don't want to keep going down that road in this subject so I've got to barricade that road off from myself after this reply.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured