Fighting Sense, and knowledge

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Hello, I was thinking about 0 power gap again. This thing or saying triggers me a lot he-he. As i understand by the topics and questions i asked. The items will give some kind of powers that synergizes with our spells. This is fine but there some kind of problem with the spell system.

We will be having 400 spells or maybe more inside the game. But there is actually wont be any way of understanding what our enemy or attacker has what skills?

Lets imagine about it, if i cant know what my enemy has.. how can i know what skills should i use in order or chain and to react the spells. In albion online spells are attached to the items and you can assume their spells by their items. But in a game like fractured how we will be understanding this thing?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@memokal If you know that you are in a dangerous area, you need to have a universal build for pvp. In the game you can create ready-made Assembly skills that will give us a way to quickly me skills. As we were told by the developers, some skills are tied to weapons - this is the first way to determine what skills the enemy will use.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

This time im not convinced, i hate making builds what other people do or have to change my build to be viable. I want to make my own build and it to work if it is universal or not.. Well i can say that my build may focused more into what i am trying to do and propably would put some escape skills inside but,
    it sounds more like first attacker will win.

recognizing skills and understanding them visualy would be very hard. They should be working on vfx of skills very much to be identified by seeing...

Even tho they got very clear animations on spells i believe that this camera look and movement speed, also not knowing the "ALL" spells of enemy would be a big trouble. They might be saving some spells for ending the fight.

Will there be kind of inspect button? In albion they solved it as i mention above. but in the game "Rage of Mages2" a very old game solved it by UI design. here the example image :
    example image
    as you can see in the image, when you click on anyone you can see their items clearly at right side. It was also a full-loot pvp game.

so you want your own build - ok
    you want it to be viable - that depends on you and the situation

it doesnt matter what game you play
    every build has weaknesses
    so you have to know your strengths and weaknesses to play around them

then you need some good reactions and boom
    you can compete pretty good

@memokal Yes, it really is considered a problem. The second method of determining abilities - the race of the enemy. As we know all races except the people there are bonuses from attributes and from this we can guess which school is used by the enemy. About builds. The game has 8 slots. They can be employed as a skills and inventory items (potions, etc), so it is unlikely someone will occupy all 8 slots for skills, since he will have to restore HP or mana.

vengu said in Summary of the first Q&A.:

If you're good, and your opponents are not, you can win a 4 vs 1 battle. This also depends a lot on your build. Builds are generally situational. If your opponents have a build that counters yours, you will have a hard time defeating them even if they aren't as skilled.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@lohen said in Fighting Sense, and knowledge:

so you want your own build - ok
    you want it to be viable - that depends on you and the situation

it doesnt matter what game you play
    every build has weaknesses
    so you have to know your strengths and weaknesses to play around them

then you need some good reactions and boom
    you can compete pretty good

its fine i can play my own build and my gameplay but i wont be able to understand if enemy has a kind of reflect ability and press it and i will be dying to not knowing about it and actually no matter what build you have against kind of abilities like reflect. you use your power and kill yourself sametime..

@muker said in Fighting Sense, and knowledge:

@memokal Yes, it really is considered a problem. The second method of determining abilities - the race of the enemy. As we know all races except the people there are bonuses from attributes and from this we can guess which school is used by the enemy. About builds. The game has 8 slots. They can be employed as a skills and inventory items (potions, etc), so it is unlikely someone will occupy all 8 slots for skills, since he will have to restore HP or mana.

Assuming enemy abilities by their race might be a little more informatic yes. But i am a kinda player that loves absurd things to work or like to make suprise builds to show my way of playing. So i propably would look at other schools spells and try to use their different type of spells even not effective that much on my race or attributes..

What would you think about kind of UI that i posted above? that would show his schools or spells by icons. or Kind of inspecting option for schools the enemy went through..

its pretty hard to assume how it will play out at this point
    so i would say you have to wait patiently till alpha/beta

@memokal Yeah, that would make it easier for pvp to suddenly die. I believe that in pvp you need to flirt with the enemy. Use 1 attack skill on him, forcing him to counterattack, at which point you'll use the escape ability to not take damage. So pvp becomes a game where first one to show their skills to be in a bad position (if the build of the enemy is not will cancel your)

Sorry for the bad translation. I write from the phone and because of this it is difficult to change the text correctly

and if the reflect ability can reflect everything, the cooldown will be pretty high so its just the last ace up your sleeve

i dont think there will be an ability which can oneshot anyone so one reflected ability is not that much

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

in group fights i believe that will be a huge problem especially in small group fights. It maybe fine at zvz fights but there should be sth like that we can check it instantly.

for me there could be an UI design for it or some kind of visual helping thing. Or even inspecting is a matter of issue

• I think it's a matter of visual indicators and good visual design. For example, if someone is holding a bow, then they're probably going to be using bow skills (because you can't use bow skills without a bow). If you want to know which specific bow skills they're using, that's just a matter of learning what the different bow skills look like (and it's the devs job to make each bow skill effect unique enough to be visually identifiable). With the reflect skill example, it should be very obvious that someone is using it so it would only punish someone that isn't paying attention.

It might be a little more difficult to determine what kind of spells someone has before they use them, but that can also be solved with visual indicators. For example, someone with frost spells equipped can have a frosty aura, a fire mage can leave firey steps, etc. For casting, there can be something like Guild Wars 1's casting symbols to help identify types of spells in chaotic situations.

Not having perfect information about enemy builds may not be a bad thing as long as the game can convey information well with its visuals. It challenges a player's game knowledge and ability to adapt, increasing the skill ceiling.

• i read it said it wont be based on equipment but yet it that excluding spells ? oh man if equipment wont play a role in lvling up or killing then why is the spells going to something dont sound right here

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

Is there any plans for it yet by devs i would love to know 😞

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

any dev? 😞 one simple bump*

• TF#10 - CONSUL

To me, the thought of having to learn what skills look like what adds to the immersion, since you can't just look at someone and know what they know how to do,

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

where did you read up on the mechanics fractured? ive been looking around but i havent really found it

People need to understand that this will be a game where one single build will not be viable for your character.

Depending on who you are fighting you will need to have a multiple builds (and gear sets) ready to use, and this is why Fractured is about horizontal progression and knowledge gain.

The more knowledge you gain the more situations you will be able to handle. Mobs will come with different resistances, and even in PvP different builds will be better vs different players.

So this is the reason there will be no "cookie cutter" builds here. How good the build is will depend purely on what situation you are in and who you are fighting.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

To me, it looks like PVP is going to be 70% wildcard for humans, and 60% wildcard for everyone else. Of course, that's true for your opponents, as well. If someone has a weapon, you can drop the number of skills you need to worry about to that subset - about 30-40 skills, and the spells that work well with them - reducing the uncertainty by another 20%. Wizards, I agree, are going to be much scarier over all, due to their high variability.

The only thing I know of that gives any sort of reflection is the Erwydra's alt form, which has spell reflect for the duration - and that is visually easy to discern.

(If PVP is your thing, an Erwydra Wizard might be your best initial bet, honestly, since they have a better number of options as a general tool kit, that alt mode reflection, and the capacity to GTFO if a match-up goes badly. Just hope you don't get stealth ganked by a rogue - cause Erwy mages are squishy squishy boys)

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured