2FA Post Kickstarter

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

With people putting cash into the vision of the game, can we get a Two Factor Authentication enabled on the site? Or at least acknowledge that after a successful Kickstarter it'll be enabled. Last think I want to read about is someone losing their account after putting 100+ backing the game.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

They don't own the website. LMFAO

Maybe going to the official forums and or contact Kickstarter about that.

While sparky has got a point, I also hope 2 factor is in the plan for the future.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

2FA is pretty common and relatively easy to implement.

I actually can't think of any MMOs I play that don't have it on their games and, usually, their forums too.

I think it'll be something the guys put in place.

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

@sparky I believe he was asking for them to implement 2FA on this site. Due to our accounts having a potentially significant value tied to them from that point onward.

@sparky said in 2FA Post Kickstarter:

They don't own the website. LMFAO

Maybe going to the official forums and or contact Kickstarter about that.

post kickstarter means after kickstarter end.

DS owns this website and forums, so they can add 2FA to it. I know if I spend 300 I want some protection on the account end.

When picking a password, don't use the same passwords on multiple sites. If you can't think of a unique password for each site, then grab Enpass. It's a free password manager and you can use it to generate passwords with different character options. If a website doesn't allow certain characters, then you can remove those from the generator. One thing I like about Enpass is the overview of reused passwords. The only thing I don't like about it is you have to pay for the iOS app. I can't say about the Android side as I don't use them.

Also if you don't have a smart phone and want to use 2FA then pick up WinAuth. WinAuth is a portal free open source 2FA program. It allows everyone access to 2FA! You can require WinAuth to use a password and let Enpass generate it.

Just have a little notebook somewhere in your home (locked away in a drawer at least), and have all passwords for various games and websites written in it.

This way you can have different password (and even e-mail) for every website, and not forget what it is.

Important passwords (for banking for example) do not have written in that notebook, just remember them or use various technologies that your bank uses (tokens, etc). And you are good to go.

@gothix
    I wouldn’t use paper even if it was locked somewhere. Anything outside of a safe is easily opened.

@jetah said in 2FA Post Kickstarter:

@gothix
    I wouldn’t use paper even if it was locked somewhere. Anything outside of a safe is easily opened.

Who would want to break into your house and in a locked drawer just to get your random MMO passwords? lol

As I said, do not keep your banking passwords there and stuff like that. Just game and random website passwords, so you don't have to remember them all, and you can have unique pass for everything.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If you got important documents/paper/notebook hide it in a monopoly gamebord or something. If you got a save in your home that is not poored into concrete (bolts break away), just fill it with bricks and put a yellow post-it between the bricks with a happy smiley and the txt "hahaha, hope you broke your back, sucker!" And tape a gps tracker to the save's ceiling 😎

But back on topic, would really like to see a 2FA here.

@gothix
    still easier to use a password manager, imo.

I just wanted to mention WinAuth and Enpass as solutions when KS has successfully funded or when DS starts to put the shop online. I've heard too many times how someone doesn't have a smartphone and can't use 2FA so I've already prevented that. I know many people reuse the same password, and sites are swapping to email login, so forums are easy hack targets to get a bunch of user/pass. they'll try those on different games to see if anything works.

• DymStudios - CEO

Yes, we'll implement 2FA, it's already planned! 🙂

@prometheus said in 2FA Post Kickstarter:

Yes, we'll implement 2FA, it's already planned! 🙂

hnng

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured