Isn't better flag account's characters x World Choices??

• I was thinking that having a character for every world can be somewhat lame in an rpg game that aim to create a social community in his ecosystem. Is like on UO where a red (Gargamella) could create a blue character and spy the goods (smurfs) in their village or in their activity, pvm, gathering ecc. if the aforementioned Gargamella have bad intentons on his new friends this gameplay can create lame opportunity if he swich character to take advantage or call his friends on the right opportunities ..
    In UO for exemple if a newbie pve guild was going to a Champ a spy can call his friends to raid on the last minute, in this game will probably be when Arboreus left their planet to do other activities on Human planet ecc.
    Apart from that the sense of community and trust will probably be ruined by multicharacter that can be created everywhere, and the World Aspects will have probably have much to lose on this factor..

if yuo ask for me is even better have only a char and play like RS or Eve, without having 3+ character that ruin a part of the immersion..

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@00 I was thinking the same 😮
    But it may work with different characters if they will create different servers and if you are Human on one server, you can only create humans on that server. If you want to play a demon, you need to go to another server, where you cannot spy 🙂 This is the way many MMOs handle tis topic.
    I Think it should be also here like that 🙂

But anyway, if somebody wants to spy, he will create a second account, so there will always be some players finding a way. 😮

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

If people want to spy, there is always a way.
    Get a 2nd account or maybe even pay someone to spy for you.

In EVE you can have 3 characters on 1 account, you can only train skills on 1 of them a time. I actually had a 2nd character that I used to spy on other alliances. Spend some time training it, to make it look like a legit character. And it worked nice, found out where the alliance we were in war with was hiding their titan and when it was poorly defended and we destroyed it.

I think it adds nice stuff to a game, where you can never fully trust anyone.

@evolgrinz said in Isn't better flag account's characters x World Choices??:

If people want to spy, there is always a way.
    Get a 2nd account or maybe even pay someone to spy for you.

In EVE you can have 3 characters on 1 account, you can only train skills on 1 of them a time. I actually had a 2nd character that I used to spy on other alliances. Spend some time training it, to make it look like a legit character. And it worked nice, found out where the alliance we were in war with was hiding their titan and when it was poorly defended and we destroyed it.

I think it adds nice stuff to a game, where you can never fully trust anyone.

Indeed.

I mean in this day and age even if the developers try to limit you to only one instance of the game on your computer at one time, it very rarely works. If you know what you are doing you can easily get around it.

There are also people with 2 even 3 gaming computers hooked up next to each other. So yeah, you have to buy a second and/or third copy of the game, but some people will go to extreme lengths to feel like they are winning.

• @jahlon Yep, but one thing is allow to do this, one thing is making it against the rules. If someone get reported for that reason you can atleast try to trace ips from the incriminated account and see where the path go, is possible to use a VPN too but thats not the point. The Point for me is to choose or not to build a path more marked on gdr aspect than casual\gdroff, where everyone can be everywhere in a couple of second..

@alcriblp said in Isn't better flag account's characters x World Choices??:

But it may work with different characters if they will create different servers and if you are Human on one server, you can only create humans on that server. If you want to play a demon, you need to go to another server, where you cannot spy 🙂 This is the way many MMOs handle tis topic.
    I Think it should be also here like that 🙂

Its highly likely there will be only one server though. Unless we see a huge increase in population over the next year or two.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

I don't understand the meaning of this topic, i must be sleepy ;D
    If you want to play 3 different characters on the 3 planets, why not ?
    Some are going to spy... yes but you need time to do it... time you don't have to your main
    More than that, have you considered an human turning evil, staying on Tartaros ? or how you can trust an angel staying on Arboreus ? And have you considered again a beastmen who want to become an abomination ?
    You gonna have fear of your own shadow !
    So enjoy the game like it come 😄

• I don't think having characters for different planets is a big deal since worlds don't really represent factions, and with limitations on how long races can stay on other planets, most guild conflict will be intraplanetary.

Though, I do think there is a potential problem with having multiple characters in situations where a guild controls a large amount of territory. Travel in Fractured takes time since teleportation is very limited. The weakness of holding a large amount of territory is that it takes more time to mount a defense against an attack because your guild might be more spread out. Having more characters means guilds can place alts in vulnerable territory that they can just relog onto instead of having to travel.

Obviously, people can have multiple accounts to do the same thing, and I'm also making a lot of assumptions about conquest and travel mechanics, so it might not be an issue at all. Just something to keep in mind.

Conquest will probably have a timer. Like you enable the conquest to attack another guild city and you have X amount of hours before you can attack. This enables both the attacking guild and defending guild to prepare the attack or defenses and will make it all more fair.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

I don't see how having a character on every planet is going to give you an advantage. Who's going to use the info you got on x planet? The character who is on x planet, i.e. the same one you got the info with.

Planets are not just vacation spots you jump between when you like. They are largely exclusive game modes, and while possible, it takes a lot of effort to switch your planet.

@target said in Isn't better flag account's characters x World Choices??:

Though, I do think there is a potential problem with having multiple characters in situations where a guild controls a large amount of territory. Travel in Fractured takes time since teleportation is very limited. The weakness of holding a large amount of territory is that it takes more time to mount a defense against an attack because your guild might be more spread out. Having more characters means guilds can place alts in vulnerable territory that they can just relog onto instead of having to travel.

An easy solution to this is to make it so that your character does not disappear from the game world when you log out, unless you do so within a major city / inn room / other pre-selected "safe" location.

i do not see the point too, so what if there a miner effect of spying? its part of the game, it just make the game more immersive.

• Well until there are some strategic objects to take like dungeons or boss or areas there is always someone that want to control them. And taking some info with an alt will probably interfere with the natural gameplay. Of course is an early discussion until someone will encounter this problem, but on that point might be too late for solve it. In a roleplay world im not a fan of multicharacters and you could imagine what can bring having one on tarataros and one on arborea..
    Multiaccount will probably be forbidden and after a couple of bans you lose a ton of time and a couple of dollars too until this game is remaining b2p.

I don't care if you spy, I'll just rekt both your main and your spy! More loot for me ❤

@gothix

@00 said in Isn't better flag account's characters x World Choices??:

@jahlon Yep, but one thing is allow to do this, one thing is making it against the rules. If someone get reported for that reason you can atleast try to trace ips from the incriminated account and see where the path go, is possible to use a VPN too but thats not the point. The Point for me is to choose or not to build a path more marked on gdr aspect than casual\gdroff, where everyone can be everywhere in a couple of second..

Only problem with this is how to you distinguish between people who are multi-boxing and people who have more than 1 gamer in the house?

My household has 3 gamers in it. My wife, my best friend and I all game and usually end up playing the same games. At different times we've had 4 or even 5 gamers in the same house when my other friend and my daughter have been gaming with us.

Can't really just limit households to 1 connection or you'll lose out on what I imagine is a lot of couples who game together.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured