What do Carpenters do and VIP?

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

Been looking at buying a Kickstarter pack, but a couple of things I see in the packs give me a tad bit of concern. I know the things like VIP have been answered and hopefully will not give a p2w aspect to the game, although I still find it odd that it supposedly helps you earn knowledge points quicker when the game is said to be based on learning knowledge points. With that aside, I'm still unsure about what the Carpenters are for. Some packs give a free carpenter for various months to years, others a lifetime. So, I guess my questions would be, will these be obtainable outside of Kickstarter once the game is released? What is their function? Also, an added question about VIP, will players later have an option to purchase a lifetime VIP outside of Kickstarter, or is this to be a Kickstarter perk only?

• Community Manager

@kagero

Buildings require maintenance. Your own house, farm or other constructions will decay over time and eventually collapse if not maintained. The Carpenter NPC takes care of the issue for you.

Lifetime VIP can be obtained through crowdfunding only. First through the Kickstarter, and later through the website.

@Specter

Nice, thanks Spector. So the Carpenters will be obtainable in game? If a building were to collapse from lack of maintenance do you lose the building all together, or is a Carpenter still able to fix it once you obtain one? If it's too early to answer, I understand, just so much curiosity for me about the whole thing haha.

Also, if I had my own "Founder Villa" or some kind of thing like it outside of the Kickstarter packs, would I be able to maintain the building myself, or is that something I would also need a Carpenter for?

• Community Manager

@kagero Of course you will be able to maintain the building through other means if you don't have the free KS carpenter.

I assume a collapsed building would be gone, but I am not a dev, so I don't know for sure. I don't know if a carpenter can be obtained ingame, but like I said, you will be able to maintain your building.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

Thats nice!

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

@specter said in What do Carpenters do and VIP?:

@kagero

Buildings require maintenance. Your own house, farm or other constructions will decay over time and eventually collapse if not maintained. The Carpenter NPC takes care of the issue for you.

Lifetime VIP can be obtained through crowdfunding only. First through the Kickstarter, and later through the website.

Last I was updated, lifetime VIP will not be available after Kickstarter. Immortal tier is Kickstarter-only.

@Specter @FibS

Awesome, thanks for the info! Now the hard part... how much of my wallet can I afford to empty... Haha.

• Community Manager

@FibS

1. Is any pack a Kickstarter exclusive?

Rough answer: no. However, you should expect differences anyway. Some packs, such as very high-tier ones or Early Bird packs, come in very limited numbers. As such, they might be easily all purchased on Kickstarter. Moreover, some Early Bird offers might not be replicated on the website even if some units are unsold on Kickstarter.

https://fracturedmmo.com/faq/faq-kickstarter/

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@fibs said in What do Carpenters do and VIP?:

@specter said in What do Carpenters do and VIP?:

@kagero

Last I was updated, lifetime VIP will not be available after Kickstarter. Immortal tier is Kickstarter-only.

that's something you leave up for a while but make it cost 5 years upfront. if it's 12$ per month then 720 is 5 years cost you could drop the 20, so 700 up front.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Carpenter through KS basically saves you in game currency later on.

Anyone will be able to rent services from carpenter NPC in game, but these services will cost in game currency. By purchasing these NPC services through KS you are saving up on in game currency later on, and you will in this way have more in game currency available for other in game expenses.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured