coalitions

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

coalitions

will there be the diplomatic possibility of coalitions for the defense of territories and control of the map?
    I see there are many guilds, but none of the quality for now.
    it would be appropriate to implement the coalitions to make the game a minimum competitive against the great guilds like mine

• Community Manager

@mattdaniel Guilds will be able to form alliances. 😉

@specter maybe it was in the news and I lost it. thanks for your answer

• TF#10 - CONSUL

So alliances? Didn't that what Albion Online and now most of the server is in two alliances fighting each other right now. Don't really know about coalitions implements, but guilds can talk to each other outside of game and form something.

@sparky

they serve game mechanics for alliances, not just verbal guilds. if not in the zerg it's suicide with a friendly damage

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mattdaniel Yeah, and that's what's killing Albion Online now. There's only two alliances and all the guilds are in both of them. If Fractured turns into something like that, then game could possibly go downhill.

@sparky said in coalitions:

Yeah, and that's what's killing Albion Online now. There's only two alliances and all the guilds are in both of them. If Fractured turns into something like that, then game could possibly go downhill.

you're talking about a dead game, where few players were left to play. of course that everything is closed in 2 big coalitions...
    more people is more guild. more guild is more coalitions

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

we already talked about this, about the guilds, just make sure there is upkeep.

• TF#5 - LEGATE

The worst part about having an 'Alliance' feature, is that human nature will always seek the path of least resistance.

This results in casual and scrub players just allying with everyone, and turning the game into essentially a PVE experience.

But at the same time, I don't want any arbitrary restrictions on what a player can and can't do.

Perhaps just allowing you to still attack members of your own alliance would solve the issue? A toggle feature that lets you fight people in the same alliance, without having to leave your guild like you did in Albion.

Fractured has friendly fire so it'll be difficult for zergs to exist, at least in theory. Fractured has planets too which will instantly split the population. If DS maintains their same race guild then having 2 alliances will never happen.

• @jetah We don't know the extent of friendly fire mechanics. From the sound of it, partying will disable friendly fire. It also seems like good aligned players will not be able to hurt each other at all which brings into question good vs evil fights if evil players suffer friendly fire and good players don't.

If DS maintains their same race guild then having 2 alliances will never happen.

That's assuming alliances have the same restrictions as guilds. We don't know that yet. But yeah, the 3 planets should make it significantly harder for only 2 major alliances, though 2 major alliances per planet (or at least the two pvp planets) might still be a possibility.

@target said in coalitions:

@jetah We don't know the extent of friendly fire mechanics. From the sound of it, partying will disable friendly fire. It also seems like good aligned players will not be able to hurt each other at all which brings into question good vs evil fights if evil players suffer friendly fire and good players don't.

If DS maintains their same race guild then having 2 alliances will never happen.

That's assuming alliances have the same restrictions as guilds. We don't know that yet. But yeah, the 3 planets should make it significantly harder for only 2 major alliances, though 2 major alliances per planet (or at least the two pvp planets) might still be a possibility.

i doubt a party of 50 will exist. so the limit there is maybe 5 for a party. i don't understand the point of non-friendly-fire if friendly exist. i can understand no friendly fire against party mates but other groups and individuals should be susceptible to friendly fire. @Prometheus should have not mentioned friendly fire if good players can't hit other good players at all.

it is obvious that friendly fire does not apply to the guild or coalition. since the coalitions are made for that reason

• @jetah said in coalitions:

i don't understand the point of non-friendly-fire if friendly exist. i can understand no friendly fire against party mates but other groups and individuals should be susceptible to friendly fire.

I agree. I want the same thing, but we know that there will be limits on it. Which is why I'm curious about good vs evil fight dynamics (and the full extent of friendly fire limitations).

@mattdaniel said in coalitions:

it is obvious that friendly fire does not apply to the guild or coalition. since the coalitions are made for that reason

That doesn't have to be true. If friendly fire applied to guilds/alliances it would require a lot more tactical positioning and teamwork instead of the game turning into zerg blobs. I would love that.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Why not just trade deals so only those who are useful to eachother would have them like you both agree on the terms and payments or rates or discounts and perks like cheap or free caravan protection from a mercenary guild

@target

Basically all of the beastkin and good humans will have no friendly-fire. Friendly fire will only affect evil humans and demons.
    I don't like that at all.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured