Playing together with other races

• TF#3 - ENVOY

So I see how large the impact of choosing one's race is. The trouble is, my partner and I want to play different races (demon and beastman).

How will our game experience be changed here? Is it viable (or even possible) to play together as different races?

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@kitkiani said in Playing together with other races:

So I see how large the impact of choosing one's race is. The trouble is, my partner and I want to play different races (demon and beastman).

How will our game experience be changed here? Is it viable (or even possible) to play together as different races?

Yes, but you will have to chose which alignment you both want to play on.

• One can stay as (good) beast man, and the one that is playing an (evil) demon can work on rising the karma and become an angel (redeemed demon) and then you both can play as "good guys".

• One can stay as an (evil) demon, and the one that is playing a (good) beast man, can bring his karma all the way down and become an abomination (corrupted beast man), and then you both play as "bad guys"

As things stand now, according to the devs, guilds will be an alignment based, so you will not both be able to join the same guild if you are not of same alignment (but alignment can be changed as written above).

Also unless you are both of same alignment you will not be able to permanently live (have housing) on the same planet.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@gothix Okay, so if I understand correctly, you're saying:

1. Let's say we both plan to be "good" aligned.
    2. We start off on separate planets. The beast player is already good to go, as they start "good" aligned.
    3. Eventually the demon player manages to get off the demon planet (since you can't raise in karma while there) and gains enough karma to choose "good" alignment. During this time both characters can play together in the human area at least.
    4. Once the demon becomes an angel, both players can join the same guild and play together (although, even an Angel will have a hard time staying on the beast planet? Or is that incorrect?)

Thanks for the info!

@kitkiani

1. Eventually the demon player manages to get off the demon planet (since you can't raise in karma while there) and gains enough karma to choose "good" alignment. During this time both characters can play together in the human area at least.

Demons can't ever pick Good alignment, as far as we know. They raise their karma to Neutral, then complete a divine quest. They only become good after the quest is complete and they turn into an angel.

1. Once the demon becomes an angel, both players can join the same guild and play together (although, even an Angel will have a hard time staying on the beast planet? Or is that incorrect?)

Once a demon turns into an angel, it shouldn't be hard at all for them to stay on the beastman planet. Angels and beastmen will be treated almost exactly the same, just like demons and abominations will be treated the same.

What Nelch said, but yes, eventually you can both play together on same planet.

But keep in mind the path to allignment change for demons is long, demon will not become an angel quickly. 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kitkiani it's possible if you play the same alignment.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

@finland Sweet 😄 Thanks!

I would get a new partner.... err mean come to some sort of compromise as to which race you are going to play as it appears redeeming a demon (or corrupting a beast man) is going to be pretty drawn our process.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

The path @nelchael described is not an easy one, but a possible. In a certain it counters the original idea of the races alignments and will require some time, until one can play together, but it allows for a more intricate decision adn experince than just choosing races for their abilities and traits, as an alignment is harder to change and has more influencce on game-play than anything else.
    I wonder, if there is no way for both to become neutral and live happily in the middle without having to go from the one extreme to the other extreme end of alignment choices.

@severinus

As far as we know, Neutral demons can only live on Tartaros, so that wouldn't work.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@nelchael said in Playing together with other races:

As far as we know, Neutral demons can only live on Tartaros, so that wouldn't work.

Thank you!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

What about if both players decide to work towards going neutral, can they then get all the same benefits or will one still miss out/not be able to cooperate as easily?

@jazunia

They wouldn't be able to live on the same planet, so cooperation would be nearly impossible.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

So if I understand this correctly, even though the game caters to both PVP- and PVE-players, they could not work together? I'm a PVE-person, my partner is a PVPer, and we are looking for a game we can both enjoy. As in, where we can work together and still play our preferred playstyle. Would an angel be able to freely PVP an Tartaros? Or would he have to give up PVP to live and cooperate with beastman-me?

@merveilleux it's not easy to be an angel, it take long time and it's hard getting your karma so high, it's a lot of PvE... but you both can be neutral and be in the Human planet.

• @merveilleux said in Playing together with other races:

So if I understand this correctly, even though the game caters to both PVP- and PVE-players, they could not work together? I'm a PVE-person, my partner is a PVPer, and we are looking for a game we can both enjoy. As in, where we can work together and still play our preferred playstyle. Would an angel be able to freely PVP an Tartaros? Or would he have to give up PVP to live and cooperate with beastman-me?

I believe an angel is treated as a beastman on Tartaros (you can travel there, but suffer debuffs and can't stay long). Also, beastmen and angels aren't non-pvp, they just can't fight other good aligned players; you can still go to Syndesia or Tartaros and fight evil players. If your partner is set on being a demon, and you're set on being a beastman, the best planet for you to play together would be Syndesia.

People keep insisting that Arboreus is the PvE planet. It's just the safe planet -

@prometheus said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

As the "Hunters & Scavengers" tab in our homepage (which you've mentioned later) suggests, resource gathering goes through PvE on Tartaros much more than in the other planets. And PvE can get really hard there, given the horrors that inhabit the planet.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured