Player Run Cities and You

• TF#10 - CONSUL

If we composed a hit list of "must have" things in player run cities what would be your top item?

Personally I enjoyed Cantinas in SWG, so hopefully tavern/bar with gambling would be A+ in my books. I'd like to see zoning be a possibility as well if we are talking pipe dreams.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

• tavern with gambling and social games
    • trading stands, where players can leave their goods to be sold (alternative to AH, no tax but must be on physical location to purchase an item)
    • set guard rules (who will guards attack - or not - by karma, by alignment, by flagged status)
    • taxation system of property, income for controlling guild (taxation caps within reason, not able to set insane taxes)
    • resource management, set rules who is allowed to hunt / fish / gather in city ZOI (if anyone does it against the rules he is marked as thief)
    • ability to set administrative positions (controlling guilds chooses people to fill them up, city major, city officers in charge of various stuff)
    • city bank with storage space
    • city arena, where duels can happen, and people can bet on the winner
    • race track
    • ability to build protective city walls, for sieges, by own design (including other city defenses)

• Wiki Editor

• Ability for powerful spell casters to weave a mythal (like in Myth Drannor of Forgotten Realms) - would be very hard and take lots of resources but help protect against sieges
    • Warehouses for storing mass amounts of food or other resources
    • Bazaar where players can barter for goods (like the good old days of East Commonlands tunnel trading in EQ 😃)
    • back alleys and sewer system for unscrupulous people to sneak in

• TF#10 - CONSUL

• Crafting area where items can be created for those that can't be carried i.e forge, tanning rack, loom, etc
    • Storage for personal and guilds

Defense quests that solo players can play that are scripted, the more quests that are completed the safer that area becomes. This way unused places become dungeons, needing to be cleared by new players as they progress. While the area is active new content is being introduced to the players, the more active the more varied the missions. Areas being used build up visible defenses. This way players determine what area becomes the central hub.

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

Completely agree with taverns and places to wager a little bet. If there is no LFG tool, than I believe taverns could also play an important role in meeting up for questing or maxing out those abilities.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Taverns with gambling sounds amazing, gives people a place and thing to do.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

back alleys and sewer system for unscrupulous people to sneak in- nice idea

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

@mazikar I absolutely like this idea. I like the idea of the players being able to influence the flow of the game and the area around the game. I think this would allow both the players to allow them selves to build an area of safety but also would negatively effect the players in those safe areas by allowing the people to attack their areas faster.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Non-instanced player houses & city shops would be a superb 'nice to have'. I'd love to have sprawling cities that you can get lost in rather then having to teleport to an instanced area.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I like the bazaar idea. Although I'd like if you could put stuff up for sale without having to stay online.

• Wiki Editor

@scottator said in Player Run Cities and You:

I like the bazaar idea. Although I'd like if you could put stuff up for sale without having to stay online.

Would like to see this but you'd have to hire an NPC to do it for you.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Id love for economy to be local to the city as well, just say no to global auction house. I think the concept of local economy, and perhaps goods/services taxation set by the city to try and foster the type of market they wish to see would be amazing. IE I want my city to be home to all the unsavory folk, so I don't tax anything thats typically black market but have a modest 5% taxation on legitimate goods/services you know?

With the way the PVP works, I think it might be interesting to have bounty boards for the taverns.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

I'm sure it's been considered plenty already, but I can't help but worry about the issue of defensibility of a town/City.
    If a guild founds and runs a town, chances are that there will tend to be peak and off hours of it's members. So, thinking about how I'll manage a guild and town in Fractured, I worry about how we'll be able to protect everything we've built from other players.
    I assume there won't be an option for 'hostile' players to simply come in and raze our town while we're offline; that'd be majorly discouraging. I'm imagining something like a siege period, or there having to be some sort of arrangement between the town and attackers for a scheduled battle over it or something.
    Idk, not an easy question to answer. I'm just brainstorming. Would love to hear other ideas.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@xionmuteki

I assume there won't be an option for 'hostile' players to simply come in and raze our town while we're offline; that'd be majorly discouraging. I'm imagining something like a siege period, or there having to be some sort of arrangement between the town and attackers for a scheduled battle over it or something.

I hope that will be possible to manage settlements like an RTS, so hiring military npcs to defend our citites.

Anyway we need to wait the next spotlight that will explain the city building.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

A public square where people can gather to debate politics and vote laws for the settlement. Perhaps elect mayors. With a post wall where you may leave a request for other players or a suggestion for the current administration. It could also be the place where celebrations take place or artists can publish their work.
    Worksops: print house for newspapers, smith, carpenter's workshops, tailor workshops, mills, Stables, caravan stations (also functioning as a post office), Alchemy workshops, enchanting apparatuses, Training grounds, Library (you could be able to buy lvl 1 lore books, recipes or bestiaries from here)
    My Tavern, of course!

@finland Oh, I hadn't really thought about that, but definitely a great idea. Hopefully, that spotlight shines some light on it, and hopefully we can manage them like this.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm looking forward to any additional information about this as pretty much it is what has me most hyped for the game. Is that odd? Running a city is like the end game for me? Damn, FeelsSadMan.

@darian said in Player Run Cities and You:

A public square where people can gather to debate politics and vote laws for the settlement. Perhaps elect mayors. With a post wall where you may leave a request for other players or a suggestion for the current administration. It could also be the place where celebrations take place or artists can publish their work.
    Worksops: print house for newspapers, smith, carpenter's workshops, tailor workshops, mills, Stables, caravan stations (also functioning as a post office), Alchemy workshops, enchanting apparatuses, Training grounds, Library (you could be able to buy lvl 1 lore books, recipes or bestiaries from here)
    My Tavern, of course!

i don't see my dictatorship allowing you to debate politics though nor vote laws. i'll handle all that for you! just sit back and relax (while working of course because i need my taxes).

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured