PK punishment

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

For PVP, I think there should not be punishments.

I am all for there being a reputation system and some way to know how people may behave, but in reality this should force people to find help or man up and get to work.

• @benseine said in PK punishment:

Funcom changes a some PvE servers to PvP servers and "carebears" that got ganked because of it drown Conan Exiles in bad reviews on Steam.... Jeeeez, DS don't listen to carebears. They are small part of community but are very "vocal"

That's more about the devs pulling a shitty move than about carebears vs gankers. If they converted PvP servers to PvE, there would still be mass salt, just from a different group of people. If some time after Fractured launches, Tartaros suddenly becomes PvE only, I'd be pretty pissed.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@finland

http://steamcharts.com/app/440900 if a game is on steam then you can see the stats.

says 44k concurrent and 8k average in the last 30 days.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah full loot and grindy?

@finland

i dont play the game, i just linked the stats.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@jetah if it's not full loot that stats are useless. anyway that's not isometric.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

PvP servers are full loot

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine said in PK punishment:

Anyway you have no clue about games tho.

Funcom changes a some PvE servers to PvP servers and "carebears" that got ganked because of it drown Conan Exiles in bad reviews on Steam

Carebears were playing on a PvE server that got turned to a PvP as far as I understand it. Carebears had all the reason to give a bad feedback. They joined there for PvE and they have been forced to play on a PvP server. That was not funny tho. it's better close a server and give the option to free move on another server. Swapping server rules it's a fail. I would have done the same. You can not sell me A and then transfrom it to B.

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I'd be interested to see what kind of punishment besides karma loss they could implement if they added pvp to all areas, albeit with guards in some.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@Target
    @finland said in PK punishment:

Anyway you have no clue about games tho.

Funcom changes a some PvE servers to PvP servers and "carebears" that got ganked because of it drown Conan Exiles in bad reviews on Steam

Carebears were playing on a PvE server that got turned to a PvP as far as I understand it. Carebears had all the reason to give a bad feedback. They joined there for PvE and they have been forced to play on a PvP server. That was not funny tho. it's better close a server and give the option to free move on another server. Swapping server rules it's a fail. I would have done the same. You can not sell me A and then transfrom it to B.

Yeah they had reason to give bad feedback, absolutely, but they are a small part that gives nearly ALL the bad reviews, while they pleased the majority, the PvP players, with less queues, but you don't hear them. That is my whole point, and that is why I call this "carebears vs PKing" because I've seen this so many times over the years in mmo's 😈😎😜

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine you are not the only one. People are bored of wow, eso, gw2, ff so trust me that lots of pvers are looking around for something fresh. If you want talk about numbers there are more players playing safe mmorpgs games than risky games.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland yes, so they should stick to those save mmo's and not whine so much to turn other/different mmo's into save games too. That is my biggest problem with them.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine unluckly we have just one mixed server here instead of 2 distinct servers (one pvp and one pve). Said this we need to find a way to give bot open pvp and safe gameplay.

Those restrinctions could work. I'm kinda happy about the spotlight so let's wait to see how they will develop the game. As I said many times this thread is old dated. No need to argue much about it for now. We got our anwers on the FEATURE SPOTLIGHT #6 – PVP, ALIGNMENT & CRIME

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland yeah well, since that spotlight this tread has had an aditional 130-140 replies. Ppl just want to vent their opinion on PK punishment I guess 😝

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@finland yes, so they should stick to those save mmo's and not whine so much to turn other/different mmo's into save games too. That is my biggest problem with them.

Turning PvE servers into PvP servers was a dick move. I don't understand why you and so many other PvP players here have such a big issue with PvE players. The same thing is happening here on this forum. The devs are giving the PvE players a planet and all I see is PvP players whining about carebears. The PvE players aren't whining because they wanted to turn Conan Exiles into a PvE game, they are whining because the devs decided just after release to turn the PvE servers into a PvP game.

@vengu said in PK punishment:

The devs are giving the PvE players a planet and all I see is PvP players whining about carebears.

Actually I see them whining about PvP players (thus this thread was made asking for PK punishment). 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in PK punishment:

The devs are giving the PvE players a planet and all I see is PvP players whining about carebears.

Actually I see care bears whining about PvP players (thus this thread was made asking for PK punishment). 🙂

We have none here. I may have seen one or two that were hopoing to have a safe spot. none Is whining on Tartaros and Syndesia. So stop telling no sense things. Only real problem here like every game are PvPers that want their play styl at 100% everywhere. That's not the way to go. Egoism is not the way to go.

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@gothix said in PK punishment:

@finland said in PK punishment:

@gothix I'm not agains PvP but as usually none is defending carebears and I hate that so much. This time I choose to talk. I think that many players "carebears" as many loves to call just disliket engaged in PvP so the problem is just the playstyle that why you can not ask to get ffa everywhere.

The real way to defend "care bears" is not to ask for PvP punishment in game design, but rather to group with them when actually playing, invite them to guild, help them out against attackers, play together. 🙂

Majority of PvP-ers are not gankers. It is a bad design to punish majority of PvP player base, because of just small part of gankers (and ganking of low levels will not even be possible in Fractured).

This is why sandbox games work well. They allow community to deal with issues as they see fit, by actually playing the game, and not having a game forced in certain way by design.

(and I'm not asking for FFA everywhere, I am happy with current Fractured design. I am commenting on thread title, that is called "PK punishment" which should not exist in any other extra way)

Care-bears should not be defended at a game like Fractured. Marrying pvp and pver is hard enough by its own, taking into the equation the extreme pvpers (gankers) and the extreme pvers (care-bears) will make the "marrying" process impossible.

Finland needs to understand this, if he wants to stay in this game and see it succeed.

As for the OP, punishing player killing is stupid. Why have a feature which you will punish? That is crazy. If you want a game without pvping then you make a game without pvping or you make a server where pvp is not possible. If on the other hand you want a game, or server, with pvping, whereas is the sense at punishing it?

Fractured is a game that wants pvp, so there is absolutely no reason to punish it, at any form. Restricting it? Controlling it? Yes. Punishing it? No.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I don't understand why you and so many other PvP players here have such a big issue with PvE players.

Here is my issue, it's in the OP:

"I'd love to see perma death for most serious repeat offenders"

I don't have an issue with ALL pve players. Just the ones who post stuff like that. To keep it short I refer to THOSE pve players as carebears 😜

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

If you want to make it as "real" and "open" as possible i don't think you should give punishments. I think you should put a bounty or something similar to that on a PK'er, that way they can have a taste of their own medecine. If someone else thinks otherwise or likewise: I'm open for discussion ^^.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured