PK punishment

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Again Fractured is not designed for ganking, no levels, every player can slot same amount of skills, every player has full stats from start, every player can keep losing his full gear constantly (so no play time advantage between old players and new), and gear is easy to come by.

So please can you stop throwing "ganking" word around already?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix I mentioned fps arena and mobas that aren't singleplayers game ;). Pkers/gankers exists mostly only in full loot games. Cause people is too low for real pvp and enjoy to steal equips to make low players rage quit.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix I'm not gonna stop till pkers keep talking about pvp restrinctions. I will probably fight naked or with the base equip. I don0t care to grind I just care to kill stuff.

Well, we are lucky then that fractured will not have helpless low players 😉 but you start at full power right from start 🙂

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix I'm not agains PvP but as usually none is defending carebears and I hate that so much. This time I choose to talk. I think that many players "carebears" as many loves to call just disliket engaged in PvP so the problem is just the playstyle that why you can not ask to get ffa everywhere.

@finland said in PK punishment:

@gothix I'm not agains PvP but as usually none is defending carebears and I hate that so much. This time I choose to talk. I think that many players "carebears" as many loves to call just disliket engaged in PvP so the problem is just the playstyle that why you can not ask to get ffa everywhere.

The real way to defend them is not to ask for PvP punishment in game design, but rather to group with them when actually playing, invite them to guild, help them out against attackers, play together. 🙂

Majority of PvP-ers are not gankers. It is a bad design to punish majority of PvP player base, because of just small part of gankers (and ganking of low levels will not even be possible in Fractured).

This is why sandbox games work well. They allow community to deal with issues as they see fit, by actually playing the game, and not having a game forced in certain way by design.

(and I'm not asking for FFA everywhere, I am happy with current Fractured design. I am commenting on thread title, that is called "PK punishment" which should not exist in any other extra way)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in PK punishment:

I prefer playing games with challenge. So the more danger from various sources, means I have to pay attention more, I have to be social, and actually play a MMO, and not carelessly like some farmville game.

I understand that some players want to minimize the difficulty of a game, to reduce the challenge and danger, but hey, we are not all the same I guess.

But you should understand, this is MMO and not a solo game, even if devs promised solo players they will have some content to do in here. They did not however promise them a solo game free of danger.

Arboreus is pretty free of danger. The monsters there don't even execute the players because they aren't evil. Syndesia and Tartaros is where the danger is at.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix you can't be everywhere the best way are safe zones or pvp on/off (flag system). if not restrinction are nedeed.

And as I wrote, I am happy with current design. I am writing against extra "PK punishment" that this thread calls for.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu yeah It's fine to have risk there but at the same time it's fair to have a safe spot for some players that dislike to pvp.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix Dude this thread is dated 😉 we started talking here like 3 months ago before many spotlights and videos ;). I'm pretty fine with the design. We will test it.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix said in PK punishment:

And as I wrote, I am happy with current design. I am writing against extra "PK punishment" that this thread calls for.

You guys are writing so fast I can hardly keep up. 😛

On the topic of PK punishment:

The punishments on Syndesia pretty much depend on the individual guilds. It's the guilds who set the rules there, not the devs from what I understand. (Apart from the starter town). If a guild decides not to have punishments, it will be as free for all as Tartaros. If they do set guards and whatsnot, their territory becomes a lawful area. Personally I am fine with this, as it gives the guilds of Syndesia a lot of freedom in how they run their guilds. I think the most juicy political stories will come from Syndesia. 😛 Much like those crazy stories from EVE Online.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@vengu This thread is too old we are just talking for nothing :P. I'm really fine with the devs decision. The design looks fair for now.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix Fractured is advertised as both PvP AND PvE game. I'm starting as demon and plan to have fun with PvE on Tartaros 😛

I'm sure most PKers will move in groups and only attack smaller groups or solo players just like you mentioned that's not fun for other players.

And lately they also said that's Fractured will be solo friendly 😛

I'll say it again that I've never understood why a game with PvP always has to be centered around PvP (at least that's what most PvP players on this forum thinks).

And last - I've never cried about fool loot. Only time I've posted about it was an answer to your post where I said full loot is not so fun for PvE player and that's it. Don't think I've seen any serious posts asking to remove full loot.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

No punishments. Put npc's in safe zones

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Pk can be an issue. Tera had a pretty bad pk problem outside the first real town you went to during launch. A lot of it stopped when other experienced people came and kept pking them instead to let newbies through. In the end it settled itself out?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@ghyver said in PK punishment:

No punishments. Put npc's in safe zones

The post is od restrinction has been revealed. Anyway I hope to see lots of npc's everywhere.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@shino Do not worry the post is old we have restrinction I suppose that you red the pvp spotlight ;). Arboreus will be the place for those who dislike pkers.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I feel a bit like throwing oil on a hot plate...😈 But here is a good example of carebears vs pk/gankers:

Conan Exile had huuuuuge queues on all pvp servers shortly after launch. Funcom changes a some PvE servers to PvP servers and "carebears" that got ganked because of it drown Conan Exiles in bad reviews on Steam.... Jeeeez, DS don't listen to carebears. They are small part of community but are very "vocal" 😎

Here is whole story: http://massivelyop.com/2018/05/10/ouch-conan-exiles-players-are-pretty-pissed-off-about-funcoms-pve-conflict-server-switcharoo/

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@benseine small part? hahahah liar XD . How many players are active on that game?

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured