GvG siege questions

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I'm sure there will be a whole spotlight about this somewhere down the road. But what is the basis of the GvG siege content you devs have in mind for Fractured?

10vs10? 50vs50? 100vs100? Unlimited? Instanced for better performance? Open world for the best sandbox experience? You must have some global picture you can give us, right? 😁

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Well maybe it will be 10vs10, we won't have enough space for 50vs50 or 100vs100 🙂

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@Benseine It's a game that can support a lot of terrain, maybe the GvG number is wider than we're all imagining, remember that at first it already supports to play without load screens, in my point of view I think the GvG will be epic, just wait to know the number of players who can enter a GvG, opting for 50vs50 or more! 😄

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@baslak I don 't need to hear an exact number already, just a picture of what they are aiming for.

• Wiki Editor

Depends on visible players vs non-visible players - what I mean is with the full collision they are planning, there's only so many objects that can fit within your screen view.

I wonder if projectiles can go off screen or if they just "vanish" at the edges. I imagine projectiles, minimally, will have some sort of max range and maybe they dissipate (arrows hit the ground; magic dwindles; etc.) after some time or are stopped by a tree, rock, or other object.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@kellewic yeah I am really glad we will have sieges with player collision. Bit lame to see one blob of players just moves through another blob of players.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

Since sieges are most likely to be codified on Tartaros, I'm pretty sure you can have any number of players participating. And any number of guilds, for that matter.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

Perhaps sieges will not be tied to only one "castle/settlement" as well. Perhaps besides an actual settlement there will be objects of interest around the settlement, like some bunkers, towers, farms that support settlement and sieges will include fights around all of those mini objectives.

In such case there could be several player groups involved, detached one from another, so not a whole siege would be happening in "one screen".

I'd love sieges to include large groups even of a thousand players if possible.

@fibs

i'm seeing Syndesia also having sieges. guilds will setup there and will need to defend from demons and humans with some beastkin assisting one or the other human groups.

@jetah said in GvG siege questions:

@fibs

i'm seeing Syndesia also having sieges. guilds will setup there and will need to defend from demons and humans with some beastkin assisting one or the other human groups.

Also, I don't see why beast men guilds on Arboreus would not be able to siege each other. There is no PvP in normal play time, but sieges could very well be an exception to that and allow good guilds to fight each other in time frames (and zones) designated for sieges.

@gothix said in GvG siege questions:

@fibs

Also, I don't see why beast men guilds on Arboreus would not be able to siege each other. There is no PvP in normal play time, but sieges could very well be an exception to that and allow good guilds to fight each other in time frames (and zones) designated for sieges.

they can't kill each other though. but i think i understand what you mean.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@fibs

they can't kill each other though. but i think i understand what you mean.

Maybe a siege where you can only bring pillows as your weapons to the fight 😂🤣

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Perhaps sieges will not be tied to only one "castle/settlement" as well. Perhaps besides an actual settlement there will be objects of interest around the settlement, like some bunkers, towers, farms that support settlement and sieges will include fights around all of those mini objectives.

In such case there could be several player groups involved, detached one from another, so not a whole siege would be happening in "one screen".

I'd love sieges to include large groups even of a thousand players if possible.

I would love to see content like that with smaller objectieves. Just want to add that sieges with thousands of players is not really GvG content in my opinion. But just politics 😛
    I'm okay with that being ingame, but will there be real GvG content? Maybe smaller objectives? Maybe the asteroïdes?

@benseine

nerf weapons!

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Оптимальное количество 20vs20

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@koroffkin I think something around 20vs20 is optiomal to for guild content.

I played Age of Conan for 4 years with several sieges a week. That was 48vs48. A nice number but I know from experience that in the long run a guild needs around 350 active members to always have 50+ ppl online when sieges happen. Not many guilds can keep that up in the long run. So the small studio may devellop content for the game that only a portion of the ppl enjoy. If the devs have bigger sieges in mind, atleast make it very easy for guilds to team up, allies, mercaneries etc.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Спасибо, полезная информация.

However limiting GvG on particular number of people would be bad as well, because then many people can be forcefully excluded from being able to do the content.

Remember ArcheAge and player limit on sieges. But there are more examples. I would definitely not want to be in a large guild then and having to watch others play siege and me not able to join because player limit was already reached.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@koroffkin sry google translate doesn't work on that

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix well my experience we had trouble forcing guildies to join all the sieges. But we had them every 72 hours or so for years. Defend en then attack back and helping friendly guilds.

ArchAge is a terrible example I watched three years of AA closed beta Korean footage of all these canons shooting at castles and then we create this Max Conflix server with all the big EU pvp guilds.... and then the sieges just don't happen for some reason. I quit Archeage because of that. Did you saw a siege? I can imagine the limited number was an issue then, because you waited 3-4 years for it?

In Age of Conan they happened in the first month after launch. I had to guide/drag lowbies through the high lvl zones to the siege while they where saying "but I'm just lvl 22, I can't fight lvl 80's". And I explained I want the lowbies on the walls manning the balistas. Boy I miss those days... 😂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured