Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas I'm not sure if you're doing it on purpose or you just cannot understand what I'm writing... I wrote that you don't need extra balancing for instances and you're going "so you're saying you need extra balancing" πŸ˜• So I'll stop it by saying as clearly as possible: I think you're wrong and no extra balancing is needed for instances.

Please don't take it as personal attack.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@phaethonas stop talk about that you will never balance pvp that's way exists meta in every decent game.

By the way does not care where you play, you need a pvp build in open world cause the hardest engage can be made by players so you need to be ready for that despite mobs around.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Must say i did love this spotlight! . Gonna be alot of beastmen going for aberrations and demons trying to go angel-style ahahaha

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@luccheno said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

Must say i did love this spotlight! . Gonna be alot of beastmen going for aberrations and demons trying to go angel-style ahahaha

I'd hope so! The challenge sounds like a fun one if anything.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@rainstorm26 Indeed. It's a nice touch of provoque ppl to actually go out of their confort zone. At least if the angel and aberration are actually a powerfull asset

• TF#10 - CONSUL

I hope the road to angel will be hard enough to discourage all non serious people πŸ˜‰

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

@tulukaruk said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

I hope the road to angel will be hard enough to discourage all non serious people πŸ˜‰

Yes!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I don't think angel or abomination should be more powerful than any other build to be attractive enough. This could harm the overall balance of the game. People should follow these paths for the thrill, not for power ups.

I hope they indeed have some unique traits. But also that it doesn't make them overpowered, just different.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@logan of course. If abomination would be stronger then demon then what's the point in playing demon? Same with angel and beastkin.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

magnifico

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

love this system pve - neutral - pvp ... good job guys! omg

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@phaethonas i like this, add me !! xD

• TF#9 - FIRST AMBASSADOR

@parca said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@phaethonas i like this, add me !! xD

I am not actively recruiting, and I won't do so till the game is ready to launch. After all, I never did say that I would make this guild alliance(s). I said that I am 100% sure that at some point it will happen, if pvp raiding at Arboreus is not laxed

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

I would just like to pop in since I see people writing how it's all about horizontal progression, and how everyone has a chance to learn everything, and thus all have a shot at being anything with equal success.

This is not fully correct.

The main reason for this is the stat system (DEX, STR, CON,...). This will be fixed, and If you go with 20 INT, 20 CHA, 10 STR, 10 CON for example, you will never be able to fully excel as warrior even if you learned all 400 skills.

It is about horizontal progression, but at no point will everyone be equal, as everyone will always be limited by their initial stat distribution that can not be changed.

The point is if you are an archer, and you learn all the skills, you may become extremely versatile archer with an ability to adapt to many situations, but you will always (from min max perspective) only be an archer. You may wear a warrior gear, and use warrior skills, but you will always be at disadvantage from any warrior that chose warrior stats on start.

And this is the system that I actually like. It allows for great versatility, but still defines you as a class from min max perspective. (It still makes sense to have alts to play a different class, specially if you combine it with different race).

This is also good from PvP perspective, as people are allowed to adapt, but at no point everyone will be exactly the same.

@Gothix

right now we don't know if we can change our stats. it could be possible that by using abilities we start to change those associated stats. Sure the initial stats allocated might not change.

@jetah said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@Gothix

right now we don't know if we can change our stats. it could be possible that by using abilities we start to change those associated stats. Sure the initial stats allocated might not change.

We do know. It was in one of the spotlights.

As it stands now, claimed by the devs, initially distributed stats can never be re allocated.

https://fracturedmmo.com/feature-spotlight-5-character-creation-attributes-resting/

"The choices you make in this phase are impactful, since THEY HAVE A STRONG EFFECT ON HOW WELL YOUR CHARACTER WILL DO WHEN DEALING WITH DIFFERENT ABILITY SCHOOLS and combat scenarios. THEY'RE ALSO PERSISTENT, in that you won’t be able change you character’s race and attribute distribution in game – unlike what you can do with talents and abilities."

(So persistent + they mean a lot)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix That's a nice choice by devs to me looks something like shit I just bought a new game and I have to pick up my class. What to take? here it's a bit tricky cuase you have no clue about the abilities you are going to discover so you need to be lucky or it will take a while to unlock the best abilities for your stat's combo. The Idea looks good somehow but we need to test this. Never say never that things may change like giving us the option to reassign the attributes.

@finland said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@gothix That's a nice choice by devs to me looks something like shit I just bought a new game and I have to pick up my class. What to take? here it's a bit tricky cuase you have no clue about the abilities you are going to discover so you need to be lucky or it will take a while to unlock the best abilities for your stat's combo. The Idea looks good somehow but we need to test this. Never say never that things may change like giving us the option to reassign the attributes.

It's already described what each class will need.

For example, warriors will need strength and constitution the most, while archers will need dexterity and perception the most, etc. Also was said that any stat below 10 brings penalties so it is recommended that you have all stats 10 and then focus on most needed stats for your class with 40 remaining points.

This info will likely also be in char creation screen, so people will know which stats they need if they want to focus on certain archetype.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gothix you have no clues about what you are going to unluck with the knowledge system and you have no clue what build to use. you can make infinite build/combo spell that's what I like. If you set up the path of warrior who knows if you will unlock the warrios abilities over the other school.

@finland said in Feature Spotlight #6 - PvP, Alignment & Crime:

@gothix you have no clues about what you are going to unluck with the knowledge system and you have no clue what build to use you can make infinite build/combo spell.

You DO know that archery school abilities will depend most on dexterity and perception, and warrior school will depend most on strength and constitution, you also know for each other school which 2 stats will be the most important for them.

So depending on what class you want to be (what schools you want to chose) you DO know what character attributes are most important to you.

I already know that as an archer, I will first rise all 6 attributes to 10, then I will max dexterity and perception to 20, and then with remaining 20 stats, i will distribute them a bit on CON and INT (and will think about if that's it, or get a bit of some other stat up instead of going full on con / int). But I am sure that my DEX and PERCEPTION goes to max 20, cause those are the stats I need the most as an archer, for my archery school.

Ofc. if you are not sure which class you want to play, that's another problem. Your problem. πŸ™‚

Ofc. if there are diminishing returns, I might go DEX and perception till 19 instead of till 20. I'm not sure about how hard will DRs be yet. but I generally know which stats I'm hitting on as most important ones for me.

Copyright Β© 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured