Suggestion : Good idea that most MMO's Lack.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

Hi guy's. In many MMO's I've played only few or even NONE had implemented the Excavation / Archaeology in the lines of gathering or resource grinding, we all know that the basics of gathering consist of Mining, Woodcutting, Herbalist and other basic ones everyone is tired of, when Excavation / Archaeology can get the people hyped for new possibilities as in...
    ------- * Getting the possibility of digging out a chest with some rare material, high tier wood or ore (even a low percent ) will get people to want to be giving this profession a chance.
    ------- * Implementing digging sites in the city's build by players and/or special places where if u build your city u get a bonus for that specific profession.
    ------- *Having the chance to party with other Excavators / Archaeologists to increase the percent of loot or "too be found Treasure"
    ------- * Finding relic parts of ancestors weapons or even blueprints "if there are so" for rare weapons, mounts, siege weapons, building decorations.

Of course the Excavation / Archaeology will need its own Tool to be used like basic "Shovel", but combining the Excavation / Archaeology with other professions would be a good way to make it more demandable around the community.

_____ *For Example:

U need a Shovel to be able to dig the Excavation / Archaeology site, but u by chance need a Pickaxe to get to the excavation site or a Wood Axe to cut down overgrown trees that block the Excavation / Archaeology Sites.

In the end there are a lot of fun and specific things you can add to Excavation / Archaeology such as "Burial Grounds" , "Old City's", "Destroyed kingdoms", but that's for u to decide the future of this profession.

Thank you everyone for your time and attention.

Kind regards,

Vanderix.

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

So what WoW has?

I like the idea but more for lore and not usable resources.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Good idea but just to discover and asemble cosmetic things (for players, guilds, settlement)

• TF#10 - CONSUL

Yeah imagine if you can dig up spell tombes. You'll see ppl digging all over the place.

Think that only works if a shovel can by used as a weapon too haha 😛

@benseine see US Marine entrenching tool

out of all the new stuff WoW put out the Archaeology was to me the most fun.... in the end not done the best way but I did like it.

@vanderix said in Suggestion : Good idea that most MMO's Lack.:

------- * Getting the possibility of digging out a chest with some rare material, high tier wood or ore (even a low percent ) will get people to want to be giving this profession a chance.
    ------- * Implementing digging sites in the city's build by players and/or special places where if u build your city u get a bonus for that specific profession.
    ------- *Having the chance to party with other Excavators / Archaeologists to increase the percent of loot or "too be found Treasure"
    ------- * Finding relic parts of ancestors weapons or even blueprints "if there are so" for rare weapons, mounts, siege weapons, building decorations.

What do we need to implement this profession:

1. In each capital/ major city should be built the building of the "Guild of archaeologists", which will be given tasks to find low-level treasures.
    2. In this Guild with the development of reputation will be taught the skills of possession of tools. Well, let's say the treasure is located in an area with solid rock, our character has the tools but he will not be able to cope with the breed since he has no such skills.
    3. More complex tasks on the treasure will have to be extracted from: libraries, various records in dungeons, stories of NPС, etc.
    4. The desired levels of treasures and the consequent difficulty to obtain them, from easy to legendary(from the stories of the NPС on the artifact...).
    5. Each character's treasure arrangement should be individual, except for the legendary and epic in a certain area.
    6. We still need to decide what will get the characters: jewellery for sale, resources, ancient artifacts, or something else( say a dragon egg to this to grow and turn into petaca or mount).
    7. About global job for the Guild care to talk, as it is necessary at first pridumal, but if you think that the legendary and epic sadanji have to go through a few guilds and it follows that the award will have to share their Guild master.
      As always all ideas invented on the chord.
      What will you offer in this system?

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@gibbx said in Suggestion : Good idea that most MMO's Lack.:

@benseine see US Marine entrenching tool

Cool, and only $35 at amazon.com 😂

This is an idea I fully support for the game.

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

could indeed be a fun element... provided it has enough depth. I mean... if you fill in the game with all sorts of activities just for the sake of sinking in time, it will be shallow, like it's in BDO. But if each profession has depth and impact in the game, then... hell yeah! Bring it on baby! Still i think new professions could be gradually introduced once the core game is good!

@darian That was the main problem with WoW when they added this. It was just a time sink for mounts and pets. It would be cool if Fractured made a "ancient" line of spells and items. You would need to track down ruins to read where ancient battles were fought to see if you could find artifacts you could either salvage or research. You might even get a subclass this way, like Ancient Hunter or Ancient Summoner and so on. It would be cool to have dungeon bosses guarding high end stuff as well as normal loot drops. You know you have to create a key to unlock a special room and its at the end of the dungeon guarded by a dragon. Its always nice to have multiple reasons to dispatch dungeon bosses and deeper interactions create lasting memories and equate to more fun.

• TF#10 - CONSUL

@mazikar Cool, nice addition to give humans a way to become a new class/species like you have now with the angels/abomination option you have now as beastman and demons.

• TF#4 - EMISSARY

I imagine this will be insane when you take the PvP element into account, which honestly sounds awesome!

• TF#6 - DIPLOMAT

@mazikar add in some really difficult puzzles, a bunch of trap dodging in ancient ruins, and we've got a hell of an adventure. 😉

@darian right? Kinda want to play now and get some loot!

• TF#2 - MESSENGER

I think it would be cool to apply Archeology in the game, but what I personally think would be cool is, that you have a chance to for example find a random generated secret dungeon while digging, which you can complete for some cool loot.

• TF#3 - ENVOY

The idea is good I admit it has it's own things to twitch but the main part should be at least taken into consideration 🙂

@shirogu5

that kind of ruins the player crafted gear economy. If those dungeons were rare and if those items were rarer then I could accept it. I'm thinking along the lines of original legendary rarity (like 1-10 per "server").

I'd welcome crafting mats, that this profession could sell or get use to craft something. IE a group kills a dragon, the dragon doesn't have gear but dragon scales, eye, claws, wing and meat are worth a bunch.

• TF#7 - AMBASSADOR

First, I'd like to say I'm definitely not tired of mining / foresting / herbalism at all. That's like saying you're tired of drinking water and looking at trees, it makes no sense.

Anyway.

Archaeology is rarely implemented because it rarely has a point; there are absolutely no useful materials that would reasonably be found in or, more importantly, unique to Archaeology. Also, your suggestion for Archaeology amounts to randomly generated and otherwise ordinary dungeons / raids whose entry key is a shovel. Snooore

The thing is that Fractured has an extensive reliance in its basic design on discovery and knowledge, and knowledge is the entire point of any real-world activity that could plausibly be called archaeology. (That and Nobel prizes.) Ergo, it would make the most sense for Archaeology to be predominantly a knowledge-based profession while the others are material-based.

Many fantasy and especially sci-fi settings rely on archaeology uncovering a quest objective (e.g. "EGYPTIAN GODZ WR RELLY ALIENZ GO FIND DEM"). Fractured just so happens to have quest objectives for ranking up skills / spells / actions, and using Archaeology as a gateway to discover particular skills' quest objectives would make a lot of sense, especially if those skills were discovered thru Archaeology to begin with, e.g. you dug up an ancient religious site which had a profane power to commune directly with or even attempt to command a god or other spirit but you need to find more sites (and complete the discovered objectives) in order to complete the spell.

Archaeology could also uncover recipes / formulas to enable crafting of pre-modern culturally-themed items. For instance, Beastmen may already easily be able to learn modern Beastman architecture or weapon design, but Archaeologists are needed to discover and teach older / primal Beastman styles. You could combine this with the "profane power" idea to discover how to make ancient unholy weapons that rival and offend the gods and were buried long ago as Powers Not Meant For Man.

If each trade has its own tool, the Archaeology tool should be an entire kit in single-item form. Archaeology requires both WHOMP tools like shovels and pickaxes, and delicate tools such as brushes to clean off relics without damaging them.

It's quite reasonable in a fantasy context if Archaeology sites occasionally have skeletons, zombies, ghosts, etc. that need to be cleaned out to properly study the area, but it should not be the primary purpose of the profession or else it has nothing to offer that isn't better found elsewhere. In fact, you should make it so that the Archaeology site is damaged if you're not careful when you fight the residents (Fractured emphasizes terrain effects from spells etc.), which lowers the reward you get from it, and the goal is to keep it as pristine as possible.

You can dig holes with dynamite. 🙂

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured