Free Play Extended & Summer Roadmap

• DymStudios - CEO

Hi all!

New consumables, city crafting orders, artifacts... and a whole additional week of Free Play! Lots of big news in today's announcement!

Read the blog post

Enjoy Fractured Online!

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

The new legendary equipment is huge change and will open up many new builds,
    . I am looking forward to it.
    The city change less so. NPC's? Resource sink quests for RNG reward? Not selling it for me at the moment but will see.
    I do appreciate that the legendary reagents will now have more use but I am slightly concerned about accessibility to legendaries for small groups and the low drop rate of legendary reagents from the summoned. We summoned 5 of the elemental legend and got zero reagents.
    It is nice to see the house skins and I hope to see more such things in the future ( cart skins?)

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

Amazing changes in there - really looking forward to it!

I think the right-click change is massive - THANK YOU!

@Prometheus Is there going to be a way for us to convert our current buildings? Do we need to tear them down and rebuild the new ones? How does that work with all the storage built in the current homes?

Also, do you think it'd be possible to make tree stumps lower priority when trying to pick up logs? it often causes you to having to run around in order to be able to select a log.

Thank you,
    Silynx

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Prometheus Any clue when the larger homes are released if we will be able to place "outside" items on the inside of the home? It's going to suck to own a "palace" that you can't craft in because you don't have enough land.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Ah, good stuff here. Weapon of wizardry gets me just that much close to making a Redmage and an Archane Trickster.

• @Xulu Excellent question, I was wondering this myself. No use in getting excited about skins if my land size is the same and newer houses serve no real purpose.

• Hi There,

About Artifacts, will the suffixes be random or will we be able to choose which ones we put on which piece of equipment?
    An "Axe of Wisdom" seems fairly useless if they are random.

Also, are there plans to implement rings and necklaces with gems?

• DymStudios - CEO

@Silynx said in Free Play Extended & Summer Roadmap:

@Prometheus Is there going to be a way for us to convert our current buildings? Do we need to tear them down and rebuild the new ones? How does that work with all the storage built in the current homes?

If you are just applying a skin, you can convert. If it's a different blueprint, you must rebuild.

@Xulu said in Free Play Extended & Summer Roadmap:

@Prometheus Any clue when the larger homes are released if we will be able to place "outside" items on the inside of the home? It's going to suck to own a "palace" that you can't craft in because you don't have enough land.

Yeah, we are going to change the inside/outside rules for some stations 🙂

@Thieuke said in Free Play Extended & Summer Roadmap:

About Artifacts, will the suffixes be random or will we be able to choose which ones we put on which piece of equipment?

The recipe you get is random. Each recipe is for a specific item+suffix combination, e.g. Rapier of Wizardry, which you can use to craft the Rapier of Wizardry together with a Legendary Rapier and some materials.
    Note that suffixes usually don't couple with all weapon types. The Axe of Wisdom doesn't exist 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• @Prometheus Thank you for the clarification.
    I know there will be a dedicated post about artifacts later, but I am really curious about it.
    Just to lift the tip of the veil, could you tell me if there is an "of the Summoner" suffix that could ad one more summon slot? Or other suffixes that influence summons? 😇

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

probably wont be coming back until you have aoe loot .. sick of having 12 boxes of loot open at once

• Change the mouse cursors graphics to more visible (brightly colored) ones.

Can we also get resizable elements of the UI a brightly colored cursor is nice but for those of us that run at high resolutions the cursor is also quite small.

• See the names of monsters on mouseover.

In keeping with the "discovery" aspect of the Bestiary and gatherables in the game I think that monster names should not appear until the first time you have killed it and received the discovery of it. Furthermore along with the name of monsters it would be nice to see buff and debuff icons on mouseover, perhaps not fully unlocking those visuals until a monsters kill count in the bestiary is completed.

• About Crafting Orders, will only the citizens of that city be able to fulfill them or anyone who passes through that city?

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

Despite the previous update bringing new minions, the game still doesn't support the use of minions, such as "sets".
    It's very common to see mages (and archers) using elementals as a "tank" while casting powerful spells causing absurd damage, or tanks using ranged minions to complement the damage. However, there is STILL nothing that supports playing only with minions (like in the Lineage series, or FFXIV in the early days, and even some ARPGs like Titan Quest, Diablo, Last Epoch, Poe, etc.).
    In my opinion, a big problem nowadays is that minions inherit ONLY the player's attributes! It would be interesting to have something like, IN ADDITION TO being based on the current attribute that does not deal damage, having a debuff on the minions based on attributes that increase damage (INT/STR/DEX) and having the damage a HUGE improvement in the minions' attributes (especially in the necromancer, because you easily lose your minions while walking... the skeleton warrior easily takes the knight's attention [which makes no sense] and the ghoul... besides the fact that it is practically IMPOSSIBLE to do a chase... because the minions are slow, and disappear when they move away.) Wow, I just got off my chest, sorry haha

• @Irven said in Free Play Extended & Summer Roadmap:

Despite the previous update bringing new minions, the game still doesn't support the use of minions, such as "sets".
    It's very common to see mages (and archers) using elementals as a "tank" while casting powerful spells causing absurd damage, or tanks using ranged minions to complement the damage. However, there is STILL nothing that supports playing only with minions (like in the Lineage series, or FFXIV in the early days, and even some ARPGs like Titan Quest, Diablo, Last Epoch, Poe, etc.).

I'm not commenting on the suggestion to buff/tweak minions, just on the description of how they work.

If people are wanting a "minion army" style of gameplay where you can run around basically ignoring your minions and letting them passively kill things, you wont find that in Fractured Online. Combat in FO does not work like many of the example games listed. It is a slower and more intentional style of gameplay versus running around at full speed, screen lit with explosions, and just snapping up loot. It is not an ARPG and does not pretend to be.

The max count of summons you could have should be 4, but a more realistically, because of skill limits and such, you're probably going to be using 1-3 tops.

Anyone wearing light or medium armors (meaning not heavy armors) can use summons. This means that a very good use of them could be to tank for you while you kill something. FO's skill system is setup so that you can learn every skill in the game and mix and match to your hearts content as long as you meet the other requirements of the skills.

You can in fact reach max rank and kill every non legendary monster in the game with only minions and healing spells. I have personally done it. However, just because you can do it, doesn't mean that it's necessarily the best way to play summons. In FO, you have 8 skill slots and there is no reason you shouldn't throw some damaging skills in there, in addition to your summons and heals, to help kill stuff faster.

Minions are not perfect (not being able to keep up with you is really annoying), but they are totally viable as a gameplay style - at least in PvE.Just don't expect minions to do everything for you while you stand there 90% afk.

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured