extra slots for healing and herbs

• I think we should have an extra 2 slots for healing(bandages) and Herbs( Herbal Remedy)that are not connect to the slots we already have. They should be only for healing and status healing not for skills. Having 2 extra slots would also allow us to have more skills to use than rather having them be taken by healing items.

There have been many discussions on this point.
    I don't like the current situation where you can use this stuff from the inventory, which promotes the use of macros.

Either we get consumable slots, or they can't be used from inventory.

• @spoletta it is very annoying to trying to even find the item in your inventory and yet alone stop attacking at all so you can heal haha, i would suggest having something like auto healing a slot where you can heal your character a percentage of HP you have lost. In another game I play Aura Kingdom it has that feature that you can customize when your healing potion can use.

• @Synther I felt like clicking remedy from your inventory is part of the game and it should stay like that... BUT, when you mentioned AUTO bandage and AUTO remedy I quite like that idea. HOWEVER, I would only support this if the spell bar was reduced by 1 slot. Meaning we would only have 1 extra space for ability, not 2.
    Some abilities that have statuses like silence etc. shouldn't be stacked on a single character, and with so many slots this would happen

• TF#12 - PEOPLE'S HERALD

@Contucky said in extra slots for healing and herbs:

@Synther I felt like clicking remedy from your inventory is part of the game and it should stay like that... BUT, when you mentioned AUTO bandage and AUTO remedy I quite like that idea. HOWEVER, I would only support this if the spell bar was reduced by 1 slot. Meaning we would only have 1 extra space for ability, not 2.
    Some abilities that have statuses like silence etc. shouldn't be stacked on a single character, and with so many slots this would happen

No for auto bandage from my side.

Current system is fine.

This issue will explode when Alchemy gets added to the game and we start having a lot of consumables.

• okay maybe having just 1 new slot but only for bandages would be fine since that's how it is in Aura Kingdom, I just feel like trying to find the bandages in the middle of the fight is kinda of annoying specially if you have a full inventory it hides xD

• TF#8 - GENERAL AMBASSADOR

I agree with consumable slots, F1 & F2 perhaps 🙏

• TF#11 - PROCONSUL

They could add a belt slot for gear. That's where pots would normally be.

• TF#1 - WHISPERER

This shouldn’t even be a discussion. The fact they have the possibility of memory giving you more than 8 skills with 8 bars is funny. Then consumables.. you 100% need consumable bars. Anyone who disagrees well i don’t know what to tell you (bandages and remedy are mandatory for pvp and optimal gameplay in general).You’re probably just hear to fill some void if you don’t get this. Also a much better touch would be having their weapon swapping not tab.. you have 3 weapon swaps and you can’t chose which one you go too. They should be 1,2,3 … not tab tab tab tab tab

• @Hobajeba clearing you might have misunderstood what I meant by slots, I said only for healing and herbs not skills, it will be on their own category. If you see how we already have the normal skill bar instead of having it all together it can be a separate icon that you can just put your healing. Maybe I need to post a visual so you guys can see what I mean.

• This is an example of how I think it should be incase nobody gets the idea of what I mean. Don't mind the hp potions on the other slots (this game has a lot of slots xd to many imo)snapshot_20210225_023935.jpg.png. I also think auto healing should be disable when playing pvp, in aura kingdom I believe it is disable if I recall correctly.

I think that consumable slots would work fine. Perhaps start testing with two slots. Consumables to the hotbar can be changed only outside of combat. The use of consumables can balanced quite easily e.g. by adjusting cooldown time.

You could use the same system as the other skills. Changing stuff on the bar dispels all your effects and puts everything on 10 sec cooldown.

• Content Creator

I'm personally okay with the number of slots we have. If you have to use a consumable that you haven't hot-keyed, you must open up your equipment and find it to click on(realistically, like opening up your backpack and searching for that potion you need amongst all the other junk you've tossed in there)

Most people will start to put things like Bandages and Remedies in the same slots on their equipment screen whenever they have time to do make them/change out at banks/chests anyway.

I think they purposely kept the hotkey slots at just the 8 which makes you choose between hotkeying a skill or a consumable. You get a separate hotkey for your mount, weapon swaps, and of course the preset hotkeys for opening various windows. This works well, and makes people think.

I may agree, but in that case consumables from the inventory should not be usable, or you give a big advantage to macro users.

I do not think that we should have an option to use consumables from inventory because it enables possibility to utilize macros. When more consumables will be implemented then this will be even a bigger problem. Therefore, it would be clear if we would have for example two specific consumable slots. That would help with balance and encourage players to use two different consumables all the time, which is good for economy as well.

I am not sure should we have then 6, 7 or 8 ability slots available but the right balance will be found via testing for sure. Current hotbar system looks like what games use typically in pre-alpha and therefore, it should get some love and further designing. Additionally, it is nice to have total freedom with the abilities but in the other hand this might lead to severe balancing issues because there will be "infinite" number of combinations available.

IF balancing turns out to be nightmarish or even impossible then less ability slots helps with the pain.

• @spoletta said in extra slots for healing and herbs:

I may agree, but in that case consumables from the inventory should not be usable, or you give a big advantage to macro users.

This is exactly what's happening right now, I personally know a few people who have already set up macros to use items in the inventory. I doubt anything will be done to stop this though.

• Content Creator

during testing, not so much, but I'm sure once the game goes live, the Devs will install some Anti-macro detection software like most MMOs do. Of course, there is always new ways to hide macro use, but hey, what can ya do

@Ablabla said in extra slots for healing and herbs:

@spoletta said in extra slots for healing and herbs:

This is exactly what's happening right now, I personally know a few people who have already set up macros to use items in the inventory. I doubt anything will be done to stop this though.

True, and even if people would not use macros it would be simply bad designing if players can and should play inventory open to utilize multiple consumables. Anyhow, I do not think this is devs intention either and the current hotbar - inventory system is not yet updated... or at least I hope that pre-alpha implementation is not the final version. 😅

Copyright © 2023 Dynamight Studios Srl | Fractured